8/27 Gamethread - Good Guys v. Evil Empire

clyons

Don't we have to trade for Manny?

I think some are going to be upset when if and when it's Viciedo in the deal for a rental.

We could be out of the race 2-3 days w/in Manny's arrival. The standings are that tenuous. Manny will enjoy playing out the string with the White Sox.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 02:14 PM)
Don't we have to trade for Manny?

I think some are going to be upset when if and when it's Viciedo in the deal for a rental.

We could be out of the race 2-3 days w/in Manny's arrival. The standings are that tenuous. Manny will enjoy playing out the string with the White Sox.

You should really learn the waiver process before you start posting even more nonsense.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 03:14 PM)

Seriously, this post was answered 3 times in the other thread. It's 100% impossible for the Sox to move Viciedo for him.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 01:55 PM)
You are a good fan. Many look the other way when it's their player who did the cheating. We don't need to get this guy and give him standing ovations.

There have been a lot of Sox players that have taken PEDs that you most likely have cheered for over the years.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 01:17 PM)
There have been a lot of Sox players that have taken PEDs that you most likely have cheered for over the years.

Supposedly, there were at least 2 from that World Series team. Regardless if that is probably the lowest number for a World Series team in that decade, there were still roiders.

Edited by J.Reedfan8

QUOTE (J.Reedfan8 @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 03:22 PM)
Supposedly, there were at least 2 from that World Series team. Regardless if that is probably the lowest number for a World Series team in that decade, there were still roiders.

I still note...that's the first year full public testing happened, and none of them were caught. Palmeiro was caught that year in the spring. So...there's still some reason for wondering.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 05:24 PM)
No it's not. He could be a PTBNL, but absolutely will not be.

No one from 40man roster could be a PTBNL, anyone from 40man roster would need to clear waivers themselves, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 05:40 PM)
No one from 40man roster could be a PTBNL, anyone from 40man roster would need to clear waivers themselves, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Is there a way that we could have all the rules on waivers, arbitration, rule 5, etc. posted in one place to use as a reference? Maybe in "how's that work" or something?

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 04:40 PM)

Hmm, I don't know, I thought the way "around" that rule was to have a player used as a PTBNL, since he wouldn't actually be traded until the offseason anyway, where players can be traded freely (since there is no waiver wire in the offeason).