The Manram Thread

hi8is

QUOTE (southsidepride15 @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 04:06 PM)
WTF is going on. Why is Manny not playing tonight? Or is the reason just "Ozzie"??

There is absolutely nothing abnormal about a new acquisition not in the lineup the day he arrives with his new team. But you guys and the media obviously wanna make this into something it's not, so knock yourself out. If the people that are paying the guy have no problem with it why the tantrums from the fanbase?

Edited by bucket-of-suck

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 09:18 PM)
There is absolutely nothing abnormal about a new acquisition not in the lineup the day he arrives with his new team. But you guys and the media obviously wanna make this into something it's not, so knock yourself out. If the people that are paying the guy have no problem with it why the tantrums from the fanbase?

Great post.

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 04:18 PM)
If the people that are paying the guy have no problem with it why the tantrums from the fanbase?

You mean the same people that thought making Mark Kotsay your primary DH was a good idea are now OK with not playing Manny tonight? I'm now convinced they're making a great decision.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (OilCan @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 06:24 AM)
File this in the "why does this not surprise me" file.

ESPN - past midnight - John Kruk says Manny would have been better as a relief pitcher which is what the Sox really needs. Bobby V called it "a desperation act" and "it won't help much."

Just sayin'.

Chumps.

Do yourself a favor and watch the MLB Network show, forget that ESPN ever existed. You will feel enlightened in one millisecond. That is of course, if you get MLB Network.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 05:26 PM)
I would think if the guy was fully motivated and excited to be in playoff contentoin,c flying in fiirst class for 4.5 hours would not keep him out of the line up. This, Imo, isnt going to go well.

This isn't some Manny circus BS. Manny not in the lineup is OZZIE'S CALL. Not Manny's . Manny told him "Whatever you want me to do. I'll do. I'm ready to compete." Ozzie wants him to get "settled in with his teammates."

Remember Rios sitting on the bench in Seattle his first game last year? Blame Ozzie. Don't run with some lack of motivation crap. Enough with the drama.

Cowley said earlier that Manny was out of the line up tonight unless Manny could convince Ozzie to play him.If he is too tired to start I would think be would only get more tired watching the game fromthe side and by th time th 8th or 9th inning rolled around he would be in no condition to pinch hit.Send him back to the hotel to sleep, and hopefully he wakes up in time to play tomorrow.

are we really freaking out over this bulls***? Jesus christ, calm the f*** down.

this isn't "ohhhhh here we goooo, Manny's typical buls***t OMGGGG" he's not playing today. He will be playing tomorrow. Relax

Be angry at the dodgers for not giving him us Saturday, not over something stupid like this.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 05:55 PM)
Cowley said earlier that Manny was out of the line up tonight unless Manny could convince Ozzie to play him.If he is too tired to start I would think be would only get more tired watching the game fromthe side and by th time th 8th or 9th inning rolled around he would be in no condition to pinch hit.Send him back to the hotel to sleep, and hopefully he wakes up in time to play tomorrow.

Yeah. Cowley the lead Drama Queen looking for a "scoop". Like he's breaking some story. Whatever. If you want informed, impartial reports watch the MLB Network. Not ONE mention as to Manny not playing as anything other than a baseball decision

by the manager. The Chicago media just can't wait to create some crap to generate interest and call the gulliable fanbase into controversy.

This is Ozzie imposing his authority. Nothing more nothing less.

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 06:09 PM)
Yeah. Cowley the lead Drama Queen looking for a "scoop". Like he's breaking some story. Whatever. If you want informed, impartial reports watch the MLB Network. Not ONE mention as to Manny not playing as anything other than a baseball decision

by the manager. The Chicago media just can't wait to create some crap to generate interest and call the gulliable fanbase into controversy.

I agree.

If I'm not mistaken, manny doesn't play day games after a night game, so he'd only play in one of the next two anyways.

QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 03:25 PM)
I love how the guy hasn't played in 4 days, we're at theass end of a tight pennant race and he's sitting tonight out. How absolutely asinine.

Couldn't agree more.

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 04:18 PM)

What, are you f***in' joking? We don't have time to f*** around. Your best possible DH option is on the bench, and you are four games out with a month to go. We don't have time to play around. Get him in as many games as possible.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 05:26 PM)
I would think if the guy was fully motivated and excited to be in playoff contentoin,c flying in fiirst class for 4.5 hours would not keep him out of the line up. This, Imo, isnt going to go well.

Yes, you've made that abundantly clear.

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 05:42 PM)
This isn't some Manny circus BS. Manny not in the lineup is OZZIE'S CALL. Not Manny's . Manny told him "Whatever you want me to do. I'll do. I'm ready to compete." Ozzie wants him to get "settled in with his teammates."

Remember Rios sitting on the bench in Seattle his first game last year? Blame Ozzie. Don't run with some lack of motivation crap. Enough with the drama.

Did he really say that?

To the detriment of his team.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 06:01 PM)
are we really freaking out over this bulls***? Jesus christ, calm the f*** down.

this isn't "ohhhhh here we goooo, Manny's typical buls***t OMGGGG" he's not playing today. He will be playing tomorrow. Relax

Be angry at the dodgers for not giving him us Saturday, not over something stupid like this.

Is anyone blaming Manny besides Dick Allen?

QUOTE (SexiAlexei @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 06:26 PM)
I agree.

If I'm not mistaken, manny doesn't play day games after a night game, so he'd only play in one of the next two anyways.

This entire philosophy is such a joke to me. The sense of entitlement with some professional athletes makes me sick. God forbid you go the extra mile to help your team in a pennant race.

You're talking Manny Ramirez and calling someone else a drama queen?

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 06:44 PM)
You're talking Manny Ramirez and calling someone else a drama queen?

You're still trusting the word of a known POS. And even if you trust what he said, he said "it's on Manny to convince Ozzie to play him" or something to that extent. Perhaps he did attempt to convince Ozzie.

I don't care whose choice it was to sit him. It's the wrong choice.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 09:33 PM)
Ozzie is lucky we won this game. Because now we are 1-0 without Manny even getting an AB. If we had lost this game, anyone could have made a case that Manny would have helped us get a win. But now that we won, Ozzie saves himself from LOTS of ridicule.

Was Manny coming in for relief or....? If we lost this game it was because we don't have a single pitcher in the pen who can get an out.