Sox @ Indians

Heads22

• Replies 832
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 05:33 AM)
If Ozzie doesn't start manny because he had to take a redeye in this morning, i am seriously going to be dumbfounded by Ozzie's idiocy more than ever possible.

According to Cowley, Mannys hasn't left LA yet, and has a flight at 6 AM today, which would get him into Cleveland around 2ish, so I would hope he would play.

Come on Edwin, prove Balta wrong again. We need some innings, with the bullpen in disarray.

Jackson is capable of throwing a lot of pitches. Didn't he throw something like 140 in his no hitter? I hope he gets a complete game. Our bullpen is more than scary it's terrifying. No lead is safe. Only Sale and ( I hate to even say it but ) Linebrink are throwing half way decent now. Every game is vital at this point.

QUOTE (since56 @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 07:28 AM)
Jackson is capable of throwing a lot of pitches. Didn't he throw something like 140 in his no hitter? I hope he gets a complete game. Our bullpen is more than scary it's terrifying. No lead is safe. Only Sale and ( I hate to even say it but ) Linebrink are throwing half way decent now. Every game is vital at this point.

You DO NOT want Jackson throwing anywhere near 140 pitches again. I think it took him a while to recover from that no hitter.

I see what you're saying though. Don't worry... E. Jackson will dominate again tonight. He'll get the job done without throwing that many pitches.

Makes me wonder what Coop sees in certain pitchers that no one else does. Or does he just have a great calming effect on guys and making them pitch more at ease? I dunno. Just seems crazy that he can "fix" so many erratic arms.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 09:37 AM)
Makes me wonder what Coop sees in certain pitchers that no one else does. Or does he just have a great calming effect on guys and making them pitch more at ease? I dunno. Just seems crazy that he can "fix" so many erratic arms.

In this case I believe he said Jackson was tipping his pitches. It would be interesting to hear exactly what he was tipping, because it could be many different things.

I think Jackson has also been helped by the fact that KW/Cooper believe in him. He just seems to be pitching with more confidence with the Sox and trusting his stuff. He gets in trouble when he starts trying to throw perfect pitches and walking people. With the Sox he has seemingly thrown more strikes and challenged the hitters.

If he didnt have Boras as an agent id be pretty confident the Sox would extend him after this season.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 11:40 AM)
In this case I believe he said Jackson was tipping his pitches. It would be interesting to hear exactly what he was tipping, because it could be many different things.

Another thing that was specifically talked about was a change in body position on the mound. I believe that the talk was Jackson was slouching over more while throwing late in last season/early this season, and one of his first tasks was getting him to stand back upwards.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 11:57 AM)
Another thing that was specifically talked about was a change in body position on the mound. I believe that the talk was Jackson was slouching over more while throwing late in last season/early this season, and one of his first tasks was getting him to stand back upwards.

Yeah, the ESPN coverage of his first Sox start was referring to how Coop had identified his right leg would kind of collapse or buckle early in his delivery which caused him to regularly miss up and in (to RH hitters) and just generally lose quite a bit of accuracy.