Sox @ Indians

Heads22

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 01:36 PM)
:Pierre LF, Vizquel 2B, Rios CF, Konerko 1B, Quentin RF, Pierzynski C, Kotsay DH, Ramirez SS, Teahen 3B

Ozzie yet to talk to Manny about playing, lets not panic:pray

It would be insane if he didn't play Manny.

• Replies 832
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 01:36 PM)
:Pierre LF, Vizquel 2B, Rios CF, Konerko 1B, Quentin RF, Pierzynski C, Kotsay DH, Ramirez SS, Teahen 3B

Ozzie yet to talk to Manny about playing, lets not panic:pray

Is that from someone's Twitter or something? The lineup I mean.

Kotsay rakes against Masterson career-wise. Maybe best to sit Quentin for a game if Manny plays, move Kotsay to RF and DH Manny.

IMO, it seems obvious that the decision to play is 100% on Manny. Ozzie & the Sox want him in the lineup, but they don't want to announce it and make it official until Manny is there and definitely ready to play. Is it cause they want to make sure he is 100% or are they coddling him because of who he is? That I don't know, but I think Manny plays if Manny wants to play.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 03:10 PM)
I haven't seen anything official.

If Manny simply isn't ready to go today, they may find some way to keep him inactive for 24 more hours until the rosters expand, and thus not have to lose a reliever.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 02:12 PM)
If Manny simply isn't ready to go today, they may find some way to keep him inactive for 24 more hours until the rosters expand, and thus not have to lose a reliever.

How would that affect his playoff status?

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 03:14 PM)
It would mean he was not a part of the roster and thus make him unavailable, rendering that the worst idea of all-time!

Because we have players on the DL there are ways around that rule. Remember the K-Rod situation years ago?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 02:12 PM)

Dale Tallon agrees with you.

Although they could gamble that the game ends before midnight or do soemthing like that and maybe not lose the reliever for the game.

Edited by Jenks Heat

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 01:59 PM)
Is that from someone's Twitter or something? The lineup I mean.

Kotsay rakes against Masterson career-wise. Maybe best to sit Quentin for a game if Manny plays, move Kotsay to RF and DH Manny.

2 for 7 against Masterson, I wouldn't read too much into such a minuscule sample size.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 03:42 PM)
Why did we acquire him then? Aren't we in a pennant race? Are we saving him for game 163 as a secret weapon?

Not going to ask those questions. If he's not ready, he's not ready. Win the game and it doesn't matter.