Sox @ Indians

Heads22

• Replies 832
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 02:59 PM)
So Manny is at the park right now getting a haircut but he's incapable of playing tonight after arriving at the park only 3.5+ hours before the game?

It's the jet lag. We can't have him play after such a grueling day of travel.

QUOTE (PeavyTime @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 02:54 PM)
No, no, and no! Kotsay had a good game last night so now Ozzie is going to play him again.

You can believe whatever you want, but if Ozzie told Manny that he was in the lineup, Manny would be ready to roll at game time. He has 1 month to prove he can still hit. He is going to do what he is told.

Maybe I'm giving Ozzie too much credit and not giving Manny enough I don't know. If there is another reason why he's not playing, I guess we will find out, but if its solely cause Ozzie wants Kotsay in, then yeah, they can all get f***ed.

From CBS sportsline's fantasy b-ball page:

Ramirez arrives for game (haircut): A little late but with all his hair, Manny Ramirez has finally joined his new team. The controversial and colorful slugger arrived at Progressive Field on Tuesday for his first day with the Chicago White Sox, who claimed the 12-time All-Star on waivers this week to help their AL playoff push. Ramirez walked into the ballpark at 3:15 p.m., entering from the Indians players' parking lot, where he used to park during his eight seasons with the Indians. His dreadlocked hair was at its usual length, but could be shorter in the next few hours. The White Sox have an appearance policy, and they expect Ramirez to conform to it and get his dreadlocks trimmed. A barber was set up in a room adjacent to Cleveland's clubhouse

QUOTE (Cerbaho-WG @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 03:04 PM)
Gonzales tweets that Manny feels like a 25-year-old.

This is all Ozzie behaving like a child.

I just don't get it. You'd think Manny would demand to be in the lineup... especially against his original club.

The White Sox have an appearance policy, and they expect Ramirez to conform to it and get his dreadlocks trimmed. A barber was set up in a room adjacent to Cleveland's clubhouse

Called that one. No way Manny cuts off all the dreads for one month playing here.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 03:47 PM)
If Manny doesnt play, I will overreact (in some people's opinion) and claim that Ozzie needs to go. IMO, its obvious that Manny not playing today is Ozzie saying "f*** you" to KW. Manny was KW's idea, and either the players didnt want Manny, and/or Ozzie didnt because there is no reason, not with the timing of this claim, that Manny should not be in this lineup.

Well that's pretty ridiculous.

I love the outrage assuming Ozzie is just choosing not to play Manny here. It's comical.

Really this is BS. There is absolutely no reason for him not to be in the lineup. He had 5 days off in a row and we have an off day thurs. This is Ozzies decision, looks like he is Pouting because KW didn't let him have his shotty offense with Kotsay in it. This is a piss poor mistake by the sox when we need every win we can. In excusable and this just adds to the reasons I'm coming around with Ozzie being canned after this year. I'm sick of these embarrassing choices a MLB manager makes.

I'm baffled. I can't imagine Manny saying he doesn't want to start because he traveled this morning. I can imagine, however, Ozzie being Ozzie and playing Kotsay over him. Regardless of who's pitching for the Indians, Manny is the better choice to bat DH. When you have Manny, you don't worry about the lefty vs. righty s***.

QUOTE (Cali @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 03:11 PM)
Ozzie's just f***ing with Kenny now, cause he knows Jerry will never fire him.

He wants to stick with that rotating DH to the bitter end...

And if that happens, Ozzie and KW should be fired. Ozzie for acting like a child and KW for not acting like a GM.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 03:13 PM)
And if that happens, Ozzie and KW should be fired. Ozzie for acting like a child and KW for not acting like a GM.

KW did act like a GM and acquire a player. Ozzie refusing to play him is idiotic.