September Catch-All Thread

iamshack

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 25, 2010 -> 10:23 AM)
It was supposed to be a joke, but now that I look at it that way, I'm the idiot. :lolhitting

I was drinking heavily freshman year, if that answers your first question. Not as heavily as this current team is pushing me towards though :lolhitting

Edited by Thunderbolt

Mark Kotsay thinks that Mark Kotsay wasn't a bust as DH. ‘‘If you look at the whole year from a Mark Kotsay standpoint, it’s been criticism from the get-go,’’ the lefty hitter said. ‘‘I didn’t get off to a good start, I got buried, I slowly got myself out of that hole when the team was having success in the winning portion of the season. But even in that turnaround, there was always talk that we needed a left-handed bat.’‘

‘‘Hey, you know what? It’s been the whole season. I think I was able to carry myself in a professional manner and realize, ‘Yeah, my success as a whole, if I evaluate my whole year, it’s not nearly where I wanted it to end.’ But I think I battled, I think I fought the whole season.’‘

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/baseball/wh...T-sox27.article

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Sep 27, 2010 -> 02:17 PM)
Mark Kotsay thinks that Mark Kotsay wasn't a bust as DH. ‘‘If you look at the whole year from a Mark Kotsay standpoint, it’s been criticism from the get-go,’’ the lefty hitter said. ‘‘I didn’t get off to a good start, I got buried, I slowly got myself out of that hole when the team was having success in the winning portion of the season. But even in that turnaround, there was always talk that we needed a left-handed bat.’‘

‘‘Hey, you know what? It’s been the whole season. I think I was able to carry myself in a professional manner and realize, ‘Yeah, my success as a whole, if I evaluate my whole year, it’s not nearly where I wanted it to end.’ But I think I battled, I think I fought the whole season.’‘

I guess honesty is key but I don't expect him to come out and say "Yes, I sucked."

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Sep 27, 2010 -> 02:17 PM)

I don't see a problem with what he say, and he wasn't saying he was good. He said he battled, and was a professional, and that it didn't end the way he wanted it to. Where in what he said do you get the impression he was saying he was good? I agree with his quote.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 27, 2010 -> 03:52 PM)
I don't see a problem with what he say, and he wasn't saying he was good. He said he battled, and was a professional, and that it didn't end the way he wanted it to. Where in what he said do you get the impression he was saying he was good? I agree with his quote.

The article actually didn't move me in any signifcant direction. Frankly, i'm just happy that Kotsay isn't trying to make too many excuses for his performance this year.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Sep 27, 2010 -> 02:56 PM)
The article actually didn't move me in any signifcant direction. Frankly, i'm just happy that Kotsay isn't trying to make too many excuses for his performance this year.

Despite his poor performance, the guy does have a reputation of handling himself like a pro. He doesn't seem like the excuses type.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 27, 2010 -> 03:52 PM)

I agree. What was he expected to say? He didn't blame anyone or anything and acknowledged he didnt have the season he wanted. He just maintained that he worked hard and gave it his all. He must realize he was a weak spot in the lineup most nights, no point in harping on it just because he didn't say it publicly.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Oct 3, 2010 -> 03:20 PM)
One of Williams biggest priorities: Getting a left-handed power bat that "can do some damage."

You know what's kind of amazing? The Sox have nearly identical OPS this year against RHP and LHP, but the Sox are 4th in the league in OPS against LHP and 7th against RHP, because most teams hit RHP better than LHP in general.

So yeah, we need help against righties.

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 3, 2010 -> 04:08 PM)
Supposedly KW went on a rant about Jenks before the game today. If what I've heard he said is actually true, Jenks has played his last game in a Sox jersey.

Yup, he pretty much said Jenks was a disappointment on many levels this year.