Sign in to follow this  
Little Nell

I tunes

If I purchase songs from I-tunes is it legal after I download to my computer to burn them on a CD?

I'm a little confused, some people say yes, some say no.

Thanks for any input.

Edited by Little Nell

Directly from the folks at Apple

Songs purchased from the iTunes Store may either be in AAC format or AAC Protected format depending on when they were purchased (older songs used AAC Protected format). You can convert AAC songs to MP3 format allowing them to be burned to an MP3 format CD, however AAC Protected songs can not be converted. You can, however, back them up to a data CD or DVD, or you can burn them to an audio CD (which can be played in a CD player).

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts1476

QUOTE (knightni @ Sep 12, 2010 -> 09:47 AM)
What I don't like is that, once I move files from iTunes to my iPod, I can't move them back. Only delete them.

Actually, purchased files from iTunes can be moved back on from an iPod to a computer, as long as the computer is registered with the same iTunes account. However, there's an app called iDump that will let you put everything from your iPod on your computer again.

QUOTE (Rex Kicka** @ Sep 12, 2010 -> 10:45 AM)
Actually, purchased files from iTunes can be moved back on from an iPod to a computer, as long as the computer is registered with the same iTunes account. However, there's an app called iDump that will let you put everything from your iPod on your computer again.

Is iDump available for PCs?

QUOTE (knightni @ Sep 12, 2010 -> 08:47 AM)
What I don't like is that, once I move files from iTunes to my iPod, I can't move them back. Only delete them.

Actually, once you connect your iPod to your computer, go into computer go to your mp3 device, go into properties (or options dont remmber) and click the option that says show all hidden files. Then you can drag and drop your songs from you iPod to your computer, only catch is there will be no song or artist title.

Im speaking towards older generation iPod devices (non touch screen);.

;)

Edited by ChWRoCk2

anytime i hook my iphone up to my computer, itunes adds any new songs/apps/podcasts/movies ive added to my phone to a folder within my Music/itunes/itunes media/ folder.