Chicago White Sox. Kansas City Royals 1:05 PM CT

BigEdWalsh

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Sep 12, 2010 -> 03:56 PM)
I'll say it right now. Andruw should be in the lineup every day . He's a run producer , a very good fielder and we desperately need that.

He's actually in one of his hot streaks right now. He should be playing regularly.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (Little Nell @ Sep 12, 2010 -> 01:15 PM)
Don't have the game here in Florida, I noticed Quentin is not in the lineup again. Is he hurt?

No . Maybe little hurts like most players have time time of year. He just hasn't been producing and looks worse than Teahen or Kotsay at the plate. Add in his lousy D and he should sit the rest of the year.

QUOTE (11and1 @ Sep 12, 2010 -> 03:57 PM)
So here's the question. Do I let myself get drawn back into this?

Being a Sox fan is like having an abusive parent Cookie...SLAP....cookie....SLAP....cookie....SLAP.....

Ah well, live by the math, die by the math.

Thank god they're off tomorrow.....

No...

Unless they sweep the Twins, there's literally no chance. Even if they do sweep the Twins, the chances are probably around 20%.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Sep 12, 2010 -> 04:08 PM)
I'm in till they're mathematically eliminated.

Mathematically speaking...

http://www.coolstandings.com/baseball_standings.asp?i=1

I think I've realized that the Twins are just too good and that we're just what I thought we were supposed to be at the beginning of the year: a 88-90 win team. It's too bad, because if somebody told you the Sox would be on track to win 89 games at the start of the year, you'd think we'd have a great shot at the playoffs.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (chw42 @ Sep 12, 2010 -> 04:05 PM)
No...

Unless they sweep the Twins, there's literally no chance. Even if they do sweep the Twins, the chances are probably around 20%.

I know you're right. But then a little voice reminds me of the situation in early June....Where were these guys the past couple of days?

QUOTE (chw42 @ Sep 12, 2010 -> 04:08 PM)

I think I've realized that the Twins are just too good and that we're just what I thought we were supposed to be at the beginning of the year: a 88-90 win team. It's too bad, because if somebody told you the Sox would be on track to win 89 games at the start of the year, you'd think we'd have a great shot at the playoffs.

Any idea what that % was at the ASB?

QUOTE (chw42 @ Sep 12, 2010 -> 02:08 PM)

The Twins made great use of their resources signing Thome for cheap. He's been probably worth close to $10 million for them . Then they fortify the bullpen with Flores, Capps and Fuentes. The Sox spent a lot of on Manny and Jackson with mixed results. Take Thome off the Twins and put him on the Sox and I think we're ahead by a few games at this point in the season. Just a terrible year for KW probably his worse 1 1/2 ever. Keep Thome and maybe you don't have to trade Hudson. Now we have virtually no salary relief. Throw in Peavy's injury and the miniscule costs of keeping both Hudson and Richard and we have a ton of pitching and salary flexibility.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 12, 2010 -> 10:19 PM)
Leave for two hours, and see we scored 10 runs! At least this makes the Twins series a little more interesting.

I had checked in and saw we were down 6-0 after one-half inning and hubng around till it was at 6-6. I had a good feeling about the outcome. We should have an interesting series versus Minny. We are still in this thing folks

QUOTE (scenario @ Sep 12, 2010 -> 04:33 PM)
Something really strange...

My connection on mlb.com is actually about 5 seconds ahead of Comcast.

I don't ever think I've seen the game on computer actually ahead of the game on TV.

Same here.

Felix always b****ed about this in chat.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Sep 12, 2010 -> 10:41 PM)
I had checked in and saw we were down 6-0 after one-half inning and hubng around till it was at 6-6. I had a good feeling about the outcome. We should have an interesting series versus Minny. We are still in this thing folks

All Minnesota has to do is win one game in the 3 game series and it would take an epic collapse of biblical proportions.

The Twins have shown no signs of shakiness or bizareness like we have since the break.

It would make absolutely no sense for them to blow the lead.

That said I'm in it til the end obviously like every year.

Prediction wise: I'd say Minnie will win 2 of the 3 if not all 3.

I can dream that we win all 3 and cut it to three.

Realistically it'll be 7 when they leave town, but it could be nine IMO.