Living soldier awarded Medal of Honor

lostfan

I am no one to judge whether a soldiers actions deserve a certain medal or not.. but when i hear medal of honor i think of a soldier clearing out almost an entire company of enemy soldiers to the last clip of his m4, then taking out the rest with his beretta before finally having no way to fight back all while providing security long enough for reinforcements to arrive.. from what i gather from the story is he saved two(?) of his mates while taking out one taliban and chasing off the other with help from his other mates. This is most definitely an amazing act of bravery on his part, but ive seen even my chain of command award just a silver star for things a bit similar to what this brave SGT(?) did. But if the big boss wants to award him with the MOH then thats flippin fantastic, that has to be the most amazing honor one can achieve in life, especially to be a LIVING moh recipient.

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ Sep 13, 2010 -> 10:52 PM)
I am no one to judge whether a soldiers actions deserve a certain medal or not.. but when i hear medal of honor i think of a soldier clearing out almost an entire company of enemy soldiers to the last clip of his m4, then taking out the rest with his beretta before finally having no way to fight back all while providing security long enough for reinforcements to arrive.. from what i gather from the story is he saved two(?) of his mates while taking out one taliban and chasing off the other with help from his other mates. This is most definitely an amazing act of bravery on his part, but ive seen even my chain of command award just a silver star for things a bit similar to what this brave SGT(?) did. But if the big boss wants to award him with the MOH then thats flippin fantastic, that has to be the most amazing honor one can achieve in life, especially to be a LIVING moh recipient.

Very well said man.