Twins vs Sox 7:10 Start---Liriano vs Danks

jasonxctf

QUOTE (bobryansson @ Sep 14, 2010 -> 08:37 PM)
The players performance, though not right now what we want, is not because they are lazy or don't care. Baseball's hard and they're playing better than most everybody. They are going to win around 90 games. They've even played well recently. Twins have just played lights out. We do have young talent. Some perspective. Hindsight is always easy. They're still my team, and I get frustrated, sure, but I love 'em.

I bet they win ~87 games, 6+ .500 is not what I am looking for, especially in our division when we should be cleaning up against KC/CLE and Detroit has been a minor league team the 2nd half...and we got smoked by Baltimore. The Twins have been good and deserve the division but if we didn't hand the twins numerous head-to-head games this year we would be right there.

Just another tough pill to swallow at the end of a tough year, but I give them credit for keeping it interesting this far as I like many thought it was over in June...just hate losing to the Twins.

The negativity on the board is just the passion of the fan base coming out in frustration...and games like this are very frustrating.

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 15, 2010 -> 03:43 AM)
He'll keep playing to justify the 175k he makes per game.

He can justify it just by showing up to the park and eating sunflower seeds in the dugout.

Let Viciedo DH and learn how to walk.

Let Flowers catch everyday and see if he can rap a few hits.

Let that new guy play third every day, Morel.

QUOTE (mcgrad70 @ Sep 14, 2010 -> 09:39 PM)
Exactly what Reinsdorf wants to hear you say and it's exactly why there is no sense of urgency.

He can live off 2005 for the next 2005 years.

It's a shame that the standards/expectations of a big market such as Chicago are so low. We're about to miss the playoffs for the 8th time in KW's 10 years here and there's not even a whisper of him possibly losing his job. Think a 2/10 ratio would fly well in NY or Boston?

QUOTE (chiguy79 @ Sep 15, 2010 -> 02:44 AM)
I bet they win ~87 games, 6+ .500 is not what I am looking for, especially in our division when we should be cleaning up against KC/CLE and Detroit has been a minor league team the 2nd half...and we got smoked by Baltimore. The Twins have been good and deserve the division but if we didn't hand the twins numerous head-to-head games this year we would be right there.

Statistically, did we have the easiest interleague schedule in all of baseball? 12 games vs Cubs, Pirates, and Nats have to get us in the running.

QUOTE (bobryansson @ Sep 15, 2010 -> 03:43 AM)
The fact of this is true. I'm sure he'd be happy to hear it and I'm sure he will always love 2005. We all will. The implication that he, or the players, don't care is not a consequence of that, though.

The players do care as much as any big league team cares.

We just can't beat the Twins and we also suck overall vs. the Central.

Blowout in game one of the big series.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 14, 2010 -> 09:45 PM)
It's a shame that the standards/expectations of a big market such as Chicago are so low. We're about to miss the playoffs for the 8th time in KW's 10 years here and there's not even a whisper of him possibly losing his job. Think a 2/10 ratio would fly well in NY or Boston?

Maybe lightning in a bottle and depleting the farm has run it's course.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 15, 2010 -> 02:49 AM)
Take away May, and he's been pretty ordinary. And he makes too much to be just ordinary.

yep...for as hard and unlucky as he hit the ball the first few months, he's been the exact opposite since the ASB. Balta was so freaking right about trading him when his value was high. His contract is going to be such an albatross.