Twins vs Sox 7:10 Start---Liriano vs Danks

jasonxctf

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Sep 14, 2010 -> 05:00 PM)
Good afternoon. In less than two hours, the Minnesotta Twins will be landing at US Cellular Field. And you will be launching the largest aerial battle in the history of mankind. "Mankind." That word should have new meaning for all of us today. We can't be consumed by our petty differences anymore. We will be united in our common interests. Perhaps it's fate that today is the Fourthteenth of September, and you will once again be fighting for our freedom... Not from tyranny, oppression, or persecution... but from annihilation. We are fighting for our right to live. To exist. And should we win the day, the Fourthteenth of September will no longer be known as a Chicagoan holiday, but as the day the Sox declared in one voice: "We will not go quietly into the night!" We will not vanish without a fight! We're going to live on! We're going to survive! Today we celebrate our NukeTheTwins Day!

Haha.. of all the inspirational choices available, I love your selection. I will speak for everyone and say "Thank You" for this. :notworthy

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Sep 14, 2010 -> 04:47 PM)
Who are you really?

I watch (or listen to on 670, when the games are on WCIU) every Sox game played, all 162. Even when I'm at work, I watch the replays on mlb.tv. I would love nothing more than to sweep the f***ing Twinkies and have them end up losing the division by 6 games.

But I know one thing, getting hopes up makes losses hurt so much more. This team is 5-10 against the twins this year, and 2 of those 5 wins that i can recall were at Target Field, that means we've beaten the twins 3 times all year at the Cell. Danks pitched on short rest his last outing and got shelled, and I don't know if he's pitching on short rest again for this series but the twins own him, it doesn't matter what ballpark it's in. And Floyd flat out sucks when he has to pitch when runners are on base. And the twins are f***ing MASTERS at getting on base. He's such a headcase, that it's pretty much an automatic loss. We have Mark going in game three. They'll probably be going for the sweep and unlike Ozzie Guillen teams, they don't just lay down when they win a series, and play the backups/sunday lineup players.

We're back 6 games, it's not going to happen. And if, by some act of whatever God you believe in, we DO sweep them, and we DO win the division, then I'll be the most surprised and giddy mofo of you all, because I expected failure. But I know that if we get our asses kicked, which I'm predicting will happen (the games might end up being 1-2 run losses, but it'll be because we clawed our ways back from a 5 or 6 run deficit only to come up short), it'll be the most predictable series all year

I watch this team just as much as everyone else here, just because I know what I've seen when we play the twins (again, 5-10 against them this year), and what I've seen when we play the teams we have to beat (under .500 record against our division), and what I've seen from Floyd and, stepping back from game 163, Danks this year in big games. Not gonna happen

So, who are you really? Flame away, and no I won't be disappointed if we kick these f***ers asses out of Chicago

Edited by Real

One thing I gotta say, and I'm tired of hearing about how Gardenhire is this awesome manager.

How many playoff games has he won as a Twins manager? Just curious. And how many has he lost?

In 5 post-season appearances. Ron Gardenhire is 6-18. 0 won series.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Sep 14, 2010 -> 09:12 PM)
Is this the game Manny finally shows some power? Or maybe he watches another HR from the on-deck circle. Either way, I'll take it.

I would like to see at least an extra base hit. I am sure he would feel good and I know I would