twinkies @ White Sox, WCIU, 7:10 CST

justBLAZE

QUOTE (J.Reedfan8 @ Sep 15, 2010 -> 10:37 PM)
I honestly hope JR grows some balls for once and steps in. I don't think Ozzie will listen to Kenny. That is ridiculous. Whats he trying to prove? Pretty much everyone mins the WC teams will clinch so he doesn't have the "pride" excuse anymore. What he wants his managing record to look good this year? It's really pathetic.

What makes you think Kenny disagrees with that? Maybe certain veteran players will finish better and make for some trade bait. Like Linebrink or Teahan.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad I'm not the kind of fan who thinks Ozzie sucks and needs to go.

Less stress in my fandom since I think our manager is fine.

It was interesting to see Thome all fired up in the dugout as they ran over us again tonight. Yes, we erred in not bringing him back, yet I'm not convinced he'd have led us to the division title. He can't pitch the ball.

I'm sure this is one of his most satisfying seasons. Veteran studs/Hall of Famers always like to prove people wrong and by the Sox not wanting him, I'd think it gave him that little extra edge at 40 that probably helped motivate him even more.

He sucked in his role as Dodger pinch hitter last year. This was a nice boost for him and he nets a huge contract next year because of this resurgence.

I hope he leads them to the WS title.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 15, 2010 -> 11:01 PM)
I'm glad I'm not the kind of fan who thinks Ozzie sucks and needs to go.

Less stress in my fandom since I think our manager is fine.

It was interesting to see Thome all fired up in the dugout as they ran over us again tonight. Yes, we erred in not bringing him back, yet I'm not convinced he'd have led us to the division title. He can't pitch the ball.

I'm sure this is one of his most satisfying seasons. Veteran studs/Hall of Famers always like to prove people wrong and by the Sox not wanting him, I'd think it gave him that little extra edge at 40 that probably helped motivate him even more.

He sucked in his role as Dodger pinch hitter last year. This was a nice boost for him and he nets a huge contract next year because of this resurgence.

I hope he leads them to the WS title.

I doubt Thome gets a huge contract next year. He probably won't lead them to a WS Title. Cooler weather will be coming in and that doesn't go well with Thome's back.

I still want to see this team win 90 games.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Sep 16, 2010 -> 04:14 AM)
I doubt Thome gets a huge contract next year. He probably won't lead them to a WS Title. Cooler weather will be coming in and that doesn't go well with Thome's back.

I still want to see this team win 90 games.

Kite, I think he'll get 2 mill from somebody minimum.

As you know watching the games, he really looks good up there at the plate this season. Man he's reborn from that crap he displayed with the Dodgers pinch hitting.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Sep 15, 2010 -> 10:59 PM)
The Twins are the better team. It sucks, but's it true. We still shouldn't be conceding games like this, but i'm not suprised by results like these.

Seriously. They are playing .719 ball since the All-Star Break. Take away the 12 games vs. the Sox, and they are still playing .711 ball. Time to tip your cap and face the facts, Twins >>> Sox

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 15, 2010 -> 11:26 PM)
Seriously. They are playing .719 ball since the All-Star Break. Take away the 12 games vs. the Sox, and they are still playing .711 ball. Time to tip your cap and face the facts, Twins >>> Sox

Eventually they will have to come back down to earth and it will be at the wrong time called the post season.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 15, 2010 -> 11:26 PM)

Here is the stretch in August and September where we lost this thing and the Twins passed us up. Sure the twins played outstanding baseball. But look at the teams that we played and how we just dropped the ball. Lots of beatable teams here.

Orioles, We lose 3/4

Twins We lose 2/3

Detroit We lose 2/3

Twins We lose 2/3

Royals We lose 2/3

Orioles We win 2/3

Yankees we lose 2/3

Indians we sweep 3/3

Redsox 2/3 we win

Detroit 3/4 we lose

Royals 2/3 we win

7 series losses, 4 series wins.

25 wins, 35 losses

This in a nutshell is why we lost.

Edited by southsideirish71

Glad for Thome, but the Twins will be soundly eliminated by the Yankees or Rays in Round 1. I really have no delusions that team will do squat...against us they do no wrong, they hit every pitch, they make every catch, they get every stupid fooking break....but they'll be dispatched quickly once post-season begins and they aren't playing the White Sox.

How we beat them in that playoff game 2 years ago is a mystery to me. Guess Danks had Jobu with him.

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Sep 16, 2010 -> 12:55 AM)
This is the biggest myth.

They're better than us. They have been most of these past years. It's a well constructed team.

Not luck, not fundamentals necessarily.

Yet still not good enough to do anything with it. Congrats to them. As I said, gone after round 1. Yea Yea yea...I'd rather be there than in 2nd.

QUOTE (kwolf68 @ Sep 15, 2010 -> 11:50 PM)
Glad for Thome, but the Twins will be soundly eliminated by the Yankees or Rays in Round 1. I really have no delusions that team will do squat...against us they do no wrong, they hit every pitch, they make every catch, they get every stupid fooking break....but they'll be dispatched quickly once post-season begins and they aren't playing the White Sox.

How we beat them in that playoff game 2 years ago is a mystery to me. Guess Danks had Jobu with him.

I think the Twins match up better to the Rays. Yankees, Twins are toast.

QUOTE (kwolf68 @ Sep 15, 2010 -> 11:58 PM)
Yet still not good enough to do anything with it. Congrats to them. As I said, gone after round 1. Yea Yea yea...I'd rather be there than in 2nd.

When it becomes a consistency "at least we were there" doesn't cut it. Just check out their fan boards. Johann Santana wanted out because he felt the ownership wasn't into winning a World Series. With a top 10 attendance this season they might go free agent hunting so that no one in this division can touch them.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Sep 15, 2010 -> 10:59 PM)
I think the Twins match up better to the Rays. Yankees, Twins are toast.

Agreed. The Twins and their fans should be jumping around like little kids. There's a decent chance they are gonna play Tampa Bay (AL East still up for grabs) and can actually get out of the first round even if/when the Yankees beat their ass in the ALCS.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 15, 2010 -> 06:35 PM)
A topic someone asked me about today: was the 25-5 stretch the worst thing that could have happened to the Sox organization? False sense of having an actual chance in the division/American League, and then we lose Hudson and add a big contract for next season were some of the points to consider.

Dude this needs to be a separate new topic in the main board. Because I totally agree. The worst thing it did was save Ozzie's job. If they wound up losing 80+ games there would have been lots of pressure to fire Ozzie in the winter. Now, maybe not so much AND in crazy peoples minds it might make it seem like he was "right" about the rotating DH, Ugh.....

QUOTE (Cali @ Sep 16, 2010 -> 12:48 AM)
Dude this needs to be a separate new topic in the main board. Because I totally agree. The worst thing it did was save Ozzie's job. If they wound up losing 80+ games there would have been lots of pressure to fire Ozzie in the winter. Now, maybe not so much AND in crazy peoples minds it might make it seem like he was "right" about the rotating DH, Ugh.....

I don't see the logic about wanting to lose games so they can fire a manager. It appears the team is better than last year. Is that Ozzi's fault too? Few projected the Sox to win this division because there were too many question marks. Looks like most were right.

There is nothing wrong with Ozzies rotating DH idea.. the problem was the guys we rotated were Mark Kotsay and Andruw Jones

Also, im tired of hearing about Jim Thome in every other post around here.. hes had like 250 ABs and is gonna play in somewhere around 105 games or so.. There is no way Thome is the same player here as he is with the Twins right now.. His production would have forced him into playing way more, and wearing out as the season went on OR he would have been rotating and it still would have been Kotsay in there half the time as well..