twinkies @ White Sox, WCIU, 7:10 CST

justBLAZE

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 15, 2010 -> 07:23 PM)
Probably someone awful like Carlos Beltran

You know it will be Rios they will pick up someone like beltran to bat 5th.

I am curious to see who bats 2nd.

This team will make minor moves this offseason and I am fine with that if they are legitimate minor moves and not bringing Kotsay back is one of them.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 16, 2010 -> 01:32 AM)
What do you think about Matt Kemp? Word is they're seriously thinking about dealing him.

I cannot see the Sox ever bringing him into their organization after the fights he got in with their minor league affiliates. Also, unless we traded Danks, I'm sure Dodgers could get a much better package for him. I will say that the more I watch Quentin, the more I think he's finished with this organization. Hopefully some team views his '08 stats and thinks they can fix him.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 15, 2010 -> 07:37 PM)
I cannot see the Sox ever bringing him into their organization after the fights he got in with their minor league affiliates. Also, unless we traded Danks, I'm sure Dodgers could get a much better package for him. I will say that the more I watch Quentin, the more I think he's finished with this organization. Hopefully some team views his '08 stats and thinks they can fix him.

Now that's a guy I wouldn't have minded trading Hudson for. He's got serious 5-tool potential and is only 26, I think.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 16, 2010 -> 12:45 AM)
Now that's a guy I wouldn't have minded trading Hudson for. He's got serious 5-tool potential and is only 26, I think.

It's comical how Hudson is now one of the most untouchable young pitchers in baseball. Even Brewers fans are frustrated they didn't trade for him.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 15, 2010 -> 07:39 PM)
Fans are going to boo the Sox like crazy if Beckham cannot drive runs in. Ozzie, please give Morel or Viciedo a chance at third.

I really think nobody cares and are just happy they were entertining until mid-August.

Maybe there will be a little more focus in the spring other than having a Camp Lovie atmosphere.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Sep 15, 2010 -> 07:52 PM)
Seemingly the Sox are moreso. Explain how Floyd could have an ERA of 7 for two months and be unhittable for the next two.

Well, the evidence suggests that it was a matter of luck for Floyd.

http://www.fangraphs.com/community/index.p...floyd-and-xfip/

Luck and perhaps a dash of Mark Teahen defense in April and May.

Edited by JorgeFabregas

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 15, 2010 -> 07:46 PM)
It's comical how Hudson is now one of the most untouchable young pitchers in baseball. Even Brewers fans are frustrated they didn't trade for him.

Watching the MLB show episode where Kenny's advisors give him their view on the "pitcher with the 5 ERA in the NL" versus the kid was disgusting. Pretty much it sounded like any vet pitcher is worth it in a pennant race over Hudson.

Our short sited "all in" mentality is going to doom us to overspending for aging talent and pray for fixer uppers.