twinkies @ White Sox, WCIU, 7:10 CST

justBLAZE

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 16, 2010 -> 01:35 AM)
The point is ... What the f*** does rebuild mean??

Finishing 20 under for 5 straight years instead of 10 over?

We need to ride out this pitching staff and change the lineup again.

"On paper" our starting pitching and bullpen is supposed to be special.

Admittedly we have not seen that on a consistent basis.

This starting pitching is not special, and hasn't been for a complete season since....you guessed it, 2005.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (daggins @ Sep 15, 2010 -> 08:36 PM)
Just want to chime in that although I don't usually buy into a lot of intangibles talk, it's really frustrating to see a good team wet their pants so bad against any rival, let alone a divisional one.

Main reason i'd call for major changes this offseason... Twins are in these guys heads. I wouldn't believe it if I didn't see it every game of every series with Minny.

Yeah, it certainly seems like they are in the Sox heads. And it just looks like the Twins win effortlessly.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 15, 2010 -> 08:35 PM)
The point is ... What the f*** does rebuild mean??

Finishing 20 under for 5 straight years instead of 10 over?

We need to ride out this pitching staff and change the lineup again.

"On paper" our starting pitching and bullpen is supposed to be special.

Admittedly we have not seen that on a consistent basis.

The Phillies would be the ideal model I'd like to adopt. Both KW and Ozzie would have to go first, though.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 15, 2010 -> 09:36 PM)
That box score is gay. Mauer hit a legitimate 3-run HR.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Sep 15, 2010 -> 09:36 PM)
No, it was deep. Real HR.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 15, 2010 -> 09:36 PM)
It was a bomb, definitely cleared the fence.

I was gonna type "I feel better" but no. I don't.

Watching Beckham's AB from last inning, you have to wonder why in the hell is he playing? It doesn't take a doctor to realize he's not close to 100%. Gavin continuing his awful stretch run. Both Danks and Floyd have so much ability, but neither has been able to avoid the trend of way too many unwinnable starts.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 16, 2010 -> 02:37 AM)
This starting pitching is not special, and hasn't been for a complete season since....you guessed it, 2005.

The Sox must disagree since they dealt some pretty f***ing good starting pitchers the last few years.

So what starters do you want to deal? Who replaces them?

I know ... Clayton Richard, Hudson, Gio ... oh wait. they aren't with the team anymore.

You guys want to blow up the rotation as well?

That makes no sense unless the "rebuilding" means being the Royals the next 10 years.

Same formula we have every year in the 2nd half. Our offense basically shrivels up. Game is kept close for a bit, we get some situation where the bases are loaded and we choke. The following inning the Twinks break it open. Same f***ing formula, year after year. We keep changing players, same thing.

So maybe its time to clean house and start over.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 15, 2010 -> 08:43 PM)
Watching Beckham's AB from last inning, you have to wonder why in the hell is he playing? It doesn't take a doctor to realize he's not close to 100%. Gavin continuing his awful stretch run. Both Danks and Floyd have so much ability, but neither has been able to avoid the trend of way too many unwinnable starts.

They've been the same exact pitchers for the last three years. That's not a real bad thing. But you'd like to see natural progression for guys as young and talented as they are.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 15, 2010 -> 08:43 PM)
The Sox must disagree since they dealt some pretty f***ing good starting pitchers the last few years.

I know ... Clayton Richard, Hudson, Gio ... oh wait. they aren't with the team anymore.

That makes no sense unless the "rebuilding" means being the Royals the next 10 years.

I don't think fathom was saying he wanted the rotation blown up. He was stating a fact. And having Richard, Gio, and Huson in the rotation right now wouldn't make it any better.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Sep 16, 2010 -> 01:43 AM)
Same formula we have every year in the 2nd half. Our offense basically shrivels up. Game is kept close for a bit, we get some situation where the bases are loaded and we choke. The following inning the Twinks break it open. Same f***ing formula, year after year. We keep changing players, same thing.

So maybe its time to clean house and start over.

I know I'm the most Anti-Ozzie guy on here, but is there still any real doubt that there needs to be a shake up with the KW/Ozzie/Walker/Cooper foursome? I can't imagine even the most optimstic/Ozzie supporters would disagree.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 15, 2010 -> 08:43 PM)

Well Danks hasn't signed an extension and is going to be costly. Buerhle is basically untradeable at this point. Edwin is a boras client, so enjoy next year and thats it. Our rotation is going to turn itself over in the next few years one way or another. Thankfully Kenny decided to go for it and dump one of our best pitching prospects.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 15, 2010 -> 08:44 PM)
That Sox righty hitters have one hit to left field all day, and that if you keep trying to pull the ball vs Duensing, you're going to have no chance.

That's been going on forever. There must be a sign somewhere at the Cell that says"I dare ya to try to pull it out of here. I dare ya".