twinkies @ White Sox, CSN/MLBnetwork, 7:10CST

justBLAZE

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 16, 2010 -> 09:39 PM)
Nice series...this team just pisses their pants vs the Twins far too often. Ozzie better start playing the youngsters. However, I'm sure Omar will be playing every day.

I don't know about anyone else here, but I probably will not watch any more games the rest of the year (didn't watch this game), especially if we are still playing the older veterans instead of guys like Morel, Viciedo, Flowers. Same with the pen seeing Linebrink instead of Infante/Sale.

QUOTE (J.Reedfan8 @ Sep 16, 2010 -> 10:45 PM)
I don't know about anyone else here, but I probably will not watch any more games the rest of the year (didn't watch this game), especially if we are still playing the older veterans instead of guys like Morel, Viciedo, Flowers. Same with the pen seeing Linebrink instead of Infante/Sale.

I'm following the NL West from this point on. Hell of a face going on there. I'm praying either the Giants or Rockies (or both) get in.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 17, 2010 -> 03:47 AM)
I'm following the NL West from this point on. Hell of a face going on there. I'm praying either the Giants or Rockies (or both) get in.

I think I'd rather see the Giants, even though I know your significant other is on the Rockies. And heck, if there's a former Sox player to root for, screw Jim Thome. I'll root for Juan Uribe over Thome any day. I don't want to see the NL East teams make the NLCS.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 16, 2010 -> 09:47 PM)

I'll be looking out as well. Rockies are my second favorite team (said this many times I know, have been since the 90s), so I'm hoping they can get in.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 16, 2010 -> 09:49 PM)
I think I'd rather see the Giants, even though I know your significant other is on the Rockies.

That'd be me sir. J4L's significant other is CarGo, we all know that, not the entire Rockies team. :P Ah never-mind, I re-read what you meant, idiot=me.

Edited by J.Reedfan8

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 16, 2010 -> 10:49 PM)
I think I'd rather see the Giants, even though I know your significant other is on the Rockies. And heck, if there's a former Sox player to root for, screw Jim Thome. I'll root for Juan Uribe over Thome any day. I don't want to see the NL East teams make the NLCS.

The NL playoffs should be very exciting. I wouldn't want to f*** with the Phillies right now. And we both love the Reds.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 17, 2010 -> 04:51 AM)
The NL playoffs should be very exciting. I wouldn't want to f*** with the Phillies right now. And we both love the Reds.

As much as I admire the Padres effort this season, I'm happy I won't have to watch games from that boring stadium if they don't make it. Between the Twins and the Padres, I think I'd rather watch women's softball on ESPN.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Sep 17, 2010 -> 02:06 AM)
Stone's logic: Pavano has more wins, thus, he is the ace...

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Sep 17, 2010 -> 03:22 AM)
Jones is a better all around player than Carlos. They are the same hitter and Jones can actually field.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 17, 2010 -> 03:42 AM)
Those numbers looked a lot better a month ago when he was around 23 homers and 80 RBI. If he ends up with 27 homers, 92 RBI, and a .230 batting average...that's a very disappointing season for him.

Also, just let Morel play Ozzie. Teahen obviously is awful...just a brutal, brutal acquisition by KW.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Sep 17, 2010 -> 04:01 AM)
hope you get the chance to see how Konerko got hit in the face by a pitch, refused to come out, and hit a homer his next at bat.

QUOTE (J.Reedfan8 @ Sep 17, 2010 -> 04:45 AM)

Those were the highlight posts in the thread I just read.

1.) Stoney is a great analyst. I won't criticize much of anything he says. I like hearing his color. I wish Hawk and Stoney could have let loose, however, and ripped the Sox a new asshole this series. They have to be quiet, however, lest they be replaced by the team.

2.) Hopefully you agree Jones should not be a member of the Sox next season. Time to move on there.

3.) Konerko is a f***ing stud. Hit in the face??? And continues to play? And hits home run. Nice. If the Twins were smart, they'd sign him in the offseason.

4.) I'll watch as many games as I can. We suck. Life goes on. Luckily the Blackhawks won it all. That was nice to celebrate from afar and watch the coverage of the parade, etc.

Unfortunately I'm not going to have a great winter. After the last two seasons, it's hard to look forward to White Sox baseball. 5-13 versus Minnesota won't cut it.

Though I don't want Ozzie fired, I wouldn't be against the team fining he and KW $100,000 apiece for their s***ty work in the second half.

Donate the $200,000 to a charity of the Twins' choice.

Bobby Knight allegedly wasn't paid by Texas Tech that one season. Oz and KW should give some money back.

Poor, poor second half from our leaders.

p.s. Mark Teahen is a nice guy, but a piece of s*** on the baseball field. I still think the Yankees might take him, thinking they have another Swisher steal on their hands from us.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 16, 2010 -> 11:11 PM)
Those were the highlight posts in the thread I just read.

1.) Stoney is a great analyst. I won't criticize much of anything he says. I like hearing his color. I wish Hawk and Stoney could have let loose, however, and ripped the Sox a new asshole this series. They have to be quiet, however, lest they be replaced by the team.

2.) Hopefully you agree Jones should not be a member of the Sox next season. Time to move on there.

3.) Konerko is a f***ing stud. Hit in the face??? And continues to play? And hits home run. Nice. If the Twins were smart, they'd sign him in the offseason.

4.) I'll watch as many games as I can. We suck. Life goes on. Luckily the Blackhawks won it all. That was nice to celebrate from afar and watch the coverage of the parade, etc.

Unfortunately I'm not going to have a great winter. After the last two seasons, it's hard to look forward to White Sox baseball. 5-13 versus Minnesota won't cut it.

Though I don't want Ozzie fired, I wouldn't be against the team fining he and KW $100,000 apiece for their s***ty work in the second half.

Donate the $200,000 to a charity of the Twins' choice.

Bobby Knight allegedly wasn't paid by Texas Tech that one season. Oz and KW should give some money back.

Poor, poor second half from our leaders.

p.s. Mark Teahen is a nice guy, but a piece of s*** on the baseball field. I still think the Yankees might take him, thinking they have another Swisher steal on their hands from us.

Where is bobdylan?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 17, 2010 -> 12:11 AM)

Yeah, I totally disagree with this. I wouldn't want Jones back being paid $3-4 million if someone else wants to give him that, but for a $2 million deal, maybe with some incentives, as a backup/part time OF...I'd have zero issues with that.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 17, 2010 -> 03:53 AM)
As much as I admire the Padres effort this season, I'm happy I won't have to watch games from that boring stadium if they don't make it. Between the Twins and the Padres, I think I'd rather watch women's softball on ESPN.

I like that :lol: