9/19 ESPN Sunday Night Baseball- Tigers @ Sox

LittleHurt05

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The announcers should spend the whole game blasting the Sox for this abomination of a season.

Start the season horribly.

Have one amazing amazing run.

End the season horribly.

This season just leaves a horrible taste. It's going to make for a s***ty offseason wondering if we're going to play the same kind of ball next year.

s***ty vs. the Central and basically dysfunctional baseball.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 19, 2010 -> 03:02 AM)
The announcers should spend the whole game blasting the Sox for this abomination of a season.

Start the season horribly.

Have one amazing amazing run.

End the season horribly.

This season just leaves a horrible taste. It's going to make for a s***ty offseason wondering if we're going to play the same kind of ball next year.

s***ty vs. the Central and basically dysfunctional baseball.

I think the Tigers define under achieving more than the Sox. Some had the Tigers winning the Central.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Sep 19, 2010 -> 04:28 AM)
I think the Tigers define under achieving more than the Sox. Some had the Tigers winning the Central.

They lost quite a few of their important regulars due to injury in case you haven't read the papers this year.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 19, 2010 -> 08:59 AM)
Jake Peavy would save hi, that is if he could lift his arm up.

I don't think his loss was that huge this year as Jackson stepped in for him. Even Harrell had a win. It would be huge IMO if he can't come back 100%. I do know next year if Morneau can play, Minnesota will be the prohibitive favorites in the AL Central, no matter what KW does this offseason. But it seems to me when you are heavily favored, unless you're the Yankees, or Boston or Philadelphia, and can throw $150 million + at your problems, you usually dissappoint.

Detroit is going to have money to burn I would imagine. I don't think they would be keeping Leyland around if they planned to go on the cheap. They might not sign anyone huge due to the fact they are Detroit, but I'm sure they will try. The Sox have to hope Peavy comes back sharp, Danks grows, Floyd figures out why he's not so good in April, May and September, Buehrle continues to be Buerhle, Jackson throws strikes and Sale can handle a larger role. If all that happens but one, they are in good shape. If 2 or more fail, good seats for next to nothing will be available on stubhub.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 19, 2010 -> 09:14 AM)
I don't think his loss was that huge this year as Jackson stepped in for him. Even Harrell had a win. It would be huge IMO if he can't come back 100%. I do know next year if Morneau can play, Minnesota will be the prohibitive favorites in the AL Central, no matter what KW does this offseason. But it seems to me when you are heavily favored, unless you're the Yankees, or Boston or Philadelphia, and can throw $150 million + at your problems, you usually dissappoint.

Detroit is going to have money to burn I would imagine. I don't think they would be keeping Leyland around if they planned to go on the cheap. They might not sign anyone huge due to the fact they are Detroit, but I'm sure they will try. The Sox have to hope Peavy comes back sharp, Danks grows, Floyd figures out why he's not so good in April, May and September, Buehrle continues to be Buerhle, Jackson throws strikes and Sale can handle a larger role. If all that happens but one, they are in good shape. If 2 or more fail, good seats for next to nothing will be available on stubhub.

It was huge in the fact that we didn't get to use our biggest trade chip (Hudson) for what had been our biggest weakness all year long (DH). We had to fill a hole that we already had filled.

lol, comparing our injuries to the tigers?

they lost at least 6 starting players, Inge.. though he came back sooner than expected, Miner, Magglio, Carlos Guillen, Zumaya, Bobby Seay, Ryan Perry went on the DL for a couple weeks. There's more I can't think of, but I remember making mental notes of when their guys were going down because I was like, WTF?)

We lost Jenks for the year, Ulnar Neuritis? lol, and Peavy of course but he was replaced with 4 stellar starts, 2 bad ones, and 1 winnable one if it weren't for Sergio (not dissing on him, I think his arm is probably dead at this point, hoping he bounces back next year), and Thornton and Putz, though we were on our 7 game streak with those two out

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 19, 2010 -> 09:28 AM)
It was huge in the fact that we didn't get to use our biggest trade chip (Hudson) for what had been our biggest weakness all year long (DH). We had to fill a hole that we already had filled.

They had Hudson until close to the deadline. He wasn't fetching Dunn or any of the other hitters at the July deadline.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 19, 2010 -> 06:48 PM)
They had Hudson until close to the deadline. He wasn't fetching Dunn or any of the other hitters at the July deadline.

And when he did trade Hudson it left some folks head scratching. I think E Jax has a goood future but Hudson does too and the question why trade him? But, I guess that's a different story