Official Squared Circle Thread

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (T R U @ Mar 31, 2011 -> 03:23 AM)
ahh ok I understand now after re-reading.. but going back to that, I am actually fairly confident that Kane is the longest tenured wrestler in WWE right now..

Its funny thinking about Kane.. he was Isaac Yankem and the Fake Diesel.. and then he became Kane and has had prolly a very easy and fullfilling career.. hes never had to have the burden of being the main draw of the company, but at the same time he has always been a "dominant" wrestler.. pretty sweet gig

His tenure was what made his recent title run so sweet. The guy was with the company more than like 15 years, and held the championship for a day (I think). I'm guessing one of the main reasons he's stuck around so long is that he's very agreeable backstage, not asking for pushes and sort of just taking whatever storyline they throw at him.

Listen Kyyle,

If you can't keep diminishing the respectability of pro wrestling with your mis calculations and unfactual facts, we can't have you holding this thread down to the point where nobody takes us and wrestling seriously.

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 31, 2011 -> 10:43 AM)
Listen Kyyle,

If you can't keep diminishing the respectability of pro wrestling with your mis calculations and unfactual facts, we can't have you holding this thread down to the point where nobody takes us and wrestling seriously.

Im not gonna take any s*** from the guy who is taking his ball and going home. ;)

QUOTE (T R U @ Mar 31, 2011 -> 02:23 AM)
ahh ok I understand now after re-reading.. but going back to that, I am actually fairly confident that Kane is the longest tenured wrestler in WWE right now..

Its funny thinking about Kane.. he was Isaac Yankem and the Fake Diesel.. and then he became Kane and has had prolly a very easy and fullfilling career.. hes never had to have the burden of being the main draw of the company, but at the same time he has always been a "dominant" wrestler.. pretty sweet gig

Wouldn't it be The Undertaker? He's been off for long periods of time with injuries, but I'm pretty sure he was always a part of the roster.

QUOTE (whitesox91403 @ Mar 31, 2011 -> 11:33 AM)
Wouldn't it be The Undertaker? He's been off for long periods of time with injuries, but I'm pretty sure he was always a part of the roster.

Depends, my "fairly sure" was me saying I THINK Isaac Yankem was already around.. but it could be possible Undertaker was here before him.. he prolly was, I just know Kane has been around forever

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 31, 2011 -> 11:28 AM)
Im not gonna take any s*** from the guy who is taking his ball and going home. ;)

Take it easy, or else after I am gone, I will make the occassional post via satellite to show that I am still greatful for the thread and to give you guys a thrill.

QUOTE (T R U @ Mar 31, 2011 -> 12:55 PM)
Depends, my "fairly sure" was me saying I THINK Isaac Yankem was already around.. but it could be possible Undertaker was here before him.. he prolly was, I just know Kane has been around forever

Undertaker debuted in 1990. Yankem, 1996.

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 31, 2011 -> 02:13 PM)
Take it easy, or else after I am gone, I will make the occassional post via satellite to show that I am still greatful for the thread and to give you guys a thrill.

you are the ric flair of messageboards. take your saggy boobs and be gone :D

http://www2.dailystar.co.uk/inthering/view...nia-takes-hold/

Sting revealed in an interview with Daily Star that World Wrestling Entertainment officials approached and offered him a match with The Undertaker at WrestleMania XXVII, as well as induction into the WWE Hall of Fame.

He declined their offer.

"I wouldn't say it was utter nonsense, that's not true!" laughs Sting. "It's a dream match that fans would want to see. It was close. I'm glad things turned out the way they did.

“There are so many variables. Let's just say that I turned it down for the same reasons I always have. Something in me never trusted what would happen up there, based entirely on the track record with other WCW guys and everything that went on after Vince bought WCW.

"I wont be watching but I'll be asking what happened between Undertaker and Triple H."

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution lists the following as the match order for WrestleMania XXVII on Sunday:

* United States Champion Sheamus vs. Daniel Bryan

* Jerry Lawler vs. Michael Cole with special referee "Stone Cold" Steve Austin

* Rey Mysterio vs. Cody Rhodes

* Big Show, Kane, Santino Marella and Vladimir Kozlov vs. Ezekiel Jackson, Heath Slater, Justin Gabriel and Wade Barrett

* John Morrison, Trish Stratus and Snooki vs. Dolph Ziggler and Lay-Cool

* Randy Orton vs. CM Punk

* World Heavyweight Champion Edge vs. Alberto Del Rio

* The Undertaker vs. Triple H (No Holds Barred Match)

* WWE Champion The Miz vs. John Cena

QUOTE (T R U @ Apr 2, 2011 -> 11:39 AM)
Yeah instead Sting gets embarrassed by Jeff Hardy in front of a few thousand fans, good choice Sting..

I knoe, right. He says he thinks he made the right decision but that had gotta be BS. He acts like it is still the Attitude Era or something.

Move on, have the match, go in the Hall of Fame, and retire respectfully. It's not like WWE will make him work full time for a year.

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 2, 2011 -> 11:48 AM)
I knoe, right. He says he thinks he made the right decision but that had gotta be BS. He acts like it is still the Attitude Era or something.

Move on, have the match, go in the Hall of Fame, and retire respectfully. It's not like WWE will make him work full time for a year.

I just don't get how dealing with TNAs mess could be more inciting than pretty much headlining Wrestlemania.. He could have had a pretty sweet gig right there

QUOTE (T R U @ Apr 2, 2011 -> 11:59 AM)
I just don't get how dealing with TNAs mess could be more inciting than pretty much headlining Wrestlemania.. He could have had a pretty sweet gig right there

see, i could understand not wanting to come to theWWE only to job to Taker in your first payperview which is also the biggest wrestling payperview in the business. But to not want to be inducted into the HOF, and cite that "they do business a certain way" as part of the reason why he didnt want to come just boggles my mind, especially after he has sat there and watched Hogan and Bischoff attempt to turn TNA into the Attitude era, and even moreso after the Hardy match.

in my perfect world, Sting would be running in and interfering at Mania leading to a long program with undertaker that could go into summerslam.

Sting must really despise Vince, because we all know Vince is throwing money at him.

I have to wonder at this point if Sting doesn't just get some kind of kick out of being the only "big name" not to work for Vince?

I think I'd have jobbed to Mae Young at Mania rather than work in that clusterf*** they're operating in Orlando.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Apr 2, 2011 -> 06:00 PM)
I have to wonder at this point if Sting doesn't just get some kind of kick out of being the only "big name" not to work for Vince?

I think I'd have jobbed to Mae Young at Mania rather than work in that clusterf*** they're operating in Orlando.

I think that's what it probably is.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 2, 2011 -> 01:44 PM)
see, i could understand not wanting to come to theWWE only to job to Taker in your first payperview which is also the biggest wrestling payperview in the business. But to not want to be inducted into the HOF, and cite that "they do business a certain way" as part of the reason why he didnt want to come just boggles my mind, especially after he has sat there and watched Hogan and Bischoff attempt to turn TNA into the Attitude era, and even moreso after the Hardy match.

in my perfect world, Sting would be running in and interfering at Mania leading to a long program with undertaker that could go into summerslam.

Sting must really despise Vince, because we all know Vince is throwing money at him.

See man, I don't see it like that.. I don't consider Shawn Michaels jobbing to Undertaker.. those two matches were great.. there should be no shame in putting on a great match in front of about 11-12 TIMES the crowd that shows up to TNA shows.. and its on the grandest stage in professional wrestling.. AND he would have gotten a huge payday.. its something people have been dying to see for ages now..

It makes no sense to me why he would turn that down.. also, back to the previous point about not wanting to job at Wrestlemania, Mr. Wrestlemania himself HBK is 6-11 in Mania matches.. all you need to do is put on a show, that always lasts with people more than win/loss

QUOTE (T R U @ Apr 3, 2011 -> 03:52 AM)
See man, I don't see it like that.. I don't consider Shawn Michaels jobbing to Undertaker.. those two matches were great.. there should be no shame in putting on a great match in front of about 11-12 TIMES the crowd that shows up to TNA shows.. and its on the grandest stage in professional wrestling.. AND he would have gotten a huge payday.. its something people have been dying to see for ages now..

It makes no sense to me why he would turn that down.. also, back to the previous point about not wanting to job at Wrestlemania, Mr. Wrestlemania himself HBK is 6-11 in Mania matches.. all you need to do is put on a show, that always lasts with people more than win/loss

I understand that HBK has lost plenty of Mania matches, but it isnt as if Sting has a whole career ahead of him and many more Mania matches in the future. And lets be honest, HBK is a hell of an entertainer in the ring, when I watch Sting he is pretty much Ric Flair with facepaint and a trenchcoat, immobile and old and says "whooo" a lot. He isnt going to be flying off the ropes or delivering superkicks out of nowhere. I just think that being the next in line for Undertaker would be less than appealing, but i do agree that it would be better than TNA at this point. Sting has always drawn the line in the sand, and I guess he still hasnt seen a good reason to cross it.