Official Squared Circle Thread

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (IamtheHBOMB @ Jul 18, 2011 -> 05:28 AM)
To the guys who went to Allstate, how big was the entrance pop and 3 count pop for Punk?

3 count pop was insane. Entrance pop was very strong, but the booing for Cena was even louder.

Kudos to Vince for not only not messing the angle up, but apparently making it pretty damn good! From the attempted screwjob to ordering del Rio to cash in the case, to Punk booting him and escaping before the case could be cashed in, it all makes sense and was well done!

Now to see what VinnyMac does from here - so far, so good!

Also, a big HELL YEAH for Christian winning the belt - even better IMO that he won it on a DQ! Furthers the chickens*** heel persona and gives him the shine he kind of needed to keep the character hot.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 18, 2011 -> 07:18 AM)
The SD MITB match was great. Bryan winning was shocking. So many people pulling for Sheamus. I can't stand that guy. I have to start DVRing SD again.

Be careful what you say about Sheamus, there, FELLA!!

:D

I've always liked Sheamus. I find him very amusing, and his matches keep my attention.

QUOTE (whitesox91403 @ Jul 18, 2011 -> 08:22 AM)
All State was pro heel last night I thought.

Punk of course was over but so was Sheamus, Bryan, Christian and probably Miz.

Best show I've ever been too. I don't think anyone had any clue what was going to happen at the end.

Chicago besides Hogan in prime always a heel town, Chicago hates Cena more than any town I have ever seen and I love it.

QUOTE (whitesox91403 @ Jul 18, 2011 -> 08:22 AM)
All State was pro heel last night I thought.

Punk of course was over but so was Sheamus, Bryan, Christian and probably Miz.

Best show I've ever been too. I don't think anyone had any clue what was going to happen at the end.

Bryan's not a heel, is he?

I think he gets cheered in Chicago at least partly because of his "indie hero" status.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Jul 18, 2011 -> 11:46 AM)
Anyone pick up that limited-edition Punk "Best In The World" t-shirt last night?

I'm seeing it going for $300 on eBay right now. Crazy.

The souvenir lines were absurd last night, whoever got one of those shirts probably missed a good chunk of the ppv.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Jul 18, 2011 -> 11:47 AM)

I think he gets cheered in Chicago at least partly because of his "indie hero" status.

He's a face but ya he's been an IWC favorite for a long time and Chicago is quite smarky so that's why he gets cheered.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Jul 18, 2011 -> 11:47 AM)

No, Bryan isn't a heel, you're correct.

I should have clarified that those were probably the 5 biggest pops of the night.

QUOTE (whitesox91403 @ Jul 18, 2011 -> 11:51 AM)
No, Bryan isn't a heel, you're correct.

I should have clarified that those were probably the 5 biggest pops of the night.

Hell, besides Bryan the biggest "face" pop all night might have been for Santino, no joke.

And the Miz's pop when we made his run in after the injury was HUGE.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 18, 2011 -> 11:55 AM)
Hell, besides Bryan the biggest "face" pop all night might have been for Santino, no joke.

And the Miz's pop when we made his run in after the injury was HUGE.

I agree. I can't believe how much people like him.

That was a cool event to be at. I am not that into wrestling but my kids (10 & 7) are. The crowd was insane.

The lines and parking at that joint suck BTW.

The Punk Cena match was epic but the ending was kind of lame I thought. The MITB matches were really good as well.

I think the Miz winning would have been good.

Chciago loves the Santino (sp?) but s*** all over Rey Mysterio. I thought that was odd.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Jul 18, 2011 -> 01:33 PM)
That was a cool event to be at. I am not that into wrestling but my kids (10 & 7) are. The crowd was insane.

The lines and parking at that joint suck BTW.

The Punk Cena match was epic but the ending was kind of lame I thought. The MITB matches were really good as well.

I think the Miz winning would have been good.

Chciago loves the Santino (sp?) but s*** all over Rey Mysterio. I thought that was odd.

It's kind of hard to explain if you don't really follow it but storyline wise, the ending to Punk-Cena was pretty much perfect.

Cena was right when he said people will be talking about this for years, but he has very little to do with it other than being the right "hated face" for Punk to vanquish. He's been a passenger - Punk's driving this car.

I read that after the PPV went off the air, Vince waited around for Johnny Ace to be helped up the ramp, then decked him with (reportedly) a very stiff right and walked out. Even THAT is very satisfying. So far, there is nothing to complain about with the way creative has handled this.

Oh, and that video of Punk and Cena's entrances was hilarious! That pop made him seem like Punk Hogan!

QUOTE (The Critic @ Jul 18, 2011 -> 02:05 PM)
Cena was right when he said people will be talking about this for years, but he has very little to do with it other than being the right "hated face" for Punk to vanquish. He's been a passenger - Punk's driving this car.

I read that after the PPV went off the air, Vince waited around for Johnny Ace to be helped up the ramp, then decked him with (reportedly) a very stiff right and walked out. Even THAT is very satisfying. So far, there is nothing to complain about with the way creative has handled this.

Oh, and that video of Punk and Cena's entrances was hilarious! That pop made him seem like Punk Hogan!

when they zoomed on Punks face you could tell he was almost overwhelmed. He was super pumped up, and he usually enters with that "devil may care" look on his face

I haven't followed WWE since it stopped being good in the late 90's....but why is this such a big deal? I mean...it's all fake...Punk isn't really walking out with the belt. He wouldn't have won the match if he was really leaving, so I don't understand what all the fuss is about.