Official Squared Circle Thread

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 1, 2011 -> 11:46 AM)
I dont know how all of them would apply. Im sure there is someone who owns the rights to that song that is being paid.

It really is crazy how Punk is pretty much getting what he wants right now

Which should probably be good news if he is facing Cena at Summerslam

I also don't see the problem with him wrestling at house shows, hes gotta stay sharp somehow and for the most part the house shows are treated as they didn't really happen in the big picture.. people want to see Punk right now

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (T R U @ Jul 30, 2011 -> 02:05 AM)
It is his new theme.. I saw an article on Wrestlezone that said Vince broke policy by allowing someone to use a song that they had to pay royalties for..

Which is odd to me as Edge was using Metalingus by Alter Bridge, Mysterios is by POD I believe, Rev Theory does Ortons, CM Punk was using Killswitch Engage, HHH with Motorhead

Do they not have to pay royalties for those? Seemed weird to me as people have had actual songs for a while now..

I believe those songs were made specifically to be the wrestler's theme. So it may have been a work for hire deal where the WWE pays the band upfront & maybe a chunk of any money made from CDs/iTunes, etc.

Say what you want about HHH, but some of the stuff he is doing behind the scenes has been a positive so far. You can see a bigger emphasis on wrestling in the past month or so. Read he is looking to rebuild tag team division which would be great. If he can revamp FCW and get the hacks with no passion out of there, it would be even better.

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 11, 2011 -> 07:33 PM)
Say what you want about HHH, but some of the stuff he is doing behind the scenes has been a positive so far. You can see a bigger emphasis on wrestling in the past month or so. Read he is looking to rebuild tag team division which would be great. If he can revamp FCW and get the hacks with no passion out of there, it would be even better.

If he could keep himself off TV and focus on those things, the better I'd like it.

I'm already beyond tired of seeing him open both shows.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Aug 11, 2011 -> 07:36 PM)
If he could keep himself off TV and focus on those things, the better I'd like it.

I'm already beyond tired of seeing him open both shows.

Agreed. Im guessing Punk vs HHH at Mania

QUOTE (OilCan @ Aug 14, 2011 -> 08:51 PM)
well, that sucked.

and that wasn't much of a shocker.

Seeing the way it ended tonight, not much of a shocker.

Nash coming out wasn't a shocker? Please. ADR cashing in the MITB was predictable but nothing else was. They can go so many ways with this story, I'm excited to see what they do.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 15, 2011 -> 09:03 AM)
how was the pop when Nash came out? Was he still in his Diesel gear?

He was in jeans and a tshirt.. he seemed pretty well received from the crowd..

I think this is setting up a Punk/HHH match

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Aug 15, 2011 -> 11:57 AM)
Punk a transitional champ when right now he's by far the hottest thing in your company? Dumb. Plus, they still need to build up ADR at the level he was through the Royal Rumble. It doesn't make sense to do this now.

I do not like it either Punk looks super weak here.