Official Squared Circle Thread

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 15, 2011 -> 01:22 PM)
Over the past month, it's so disappointing what's happened in the WWE since the second MITB ended.

couldnt disagree more. This is only the start, people wanted longer programs that actually were interesting, had an air of believability to them, and they got it. This is the first act or the play, I cant wait to see what happens next

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 15, 2011 -> 06:25 PM)
couldnt disagree more. This is only the start, people wanted longer programs that actually were interesting, had an air of believability to them, and they got it. This is the first act or the play, I cant wait to see what happens next

Fair enough...it's been disappointing to me, but I'm not giving up hope. I'm still watching consistently, which is more than what I could say 2 months ago. Last night was the first non-WM PPV I've gotten in forever.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Aug 14, 2011 -> 10:27 PM)
ADR the champ kind of predictable to make Cena look great as always and Punk a transitional champ. Big Sexy was a suprise.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Aug 15, 2011 -> 01:12 PM)
I do not like it either Punk looks super weak here.

This is flawed logic. So Punk beats Cena(granted it wasn't a clean win) and then gets blind sided by a "7 foot monster" and somehow this makes Punk look weak and Cena great?

I will agree that it would be insanely stupid if Punk is a transitional champ but I really think you guys are jumping to conclusions way to quick on this. Nobody has any idea where this is going to go and if I had to guess this is setting up a bigger story of Punk vs. a corporation stable where Punk chases the title through their Mexico tour and wins it back when they come back to the states.

Punk stays in the main storyline, new stable is formed and then Punk gets his nice, long title reign after the Mexico tour, everybody wins.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 15, 2011 -> 01:22 PM)
Over the past month, it's so disappointing what's happened in the WWE since the second MITB ended.

I really disagree with this. They've kept me entertained and intrigued every week. The whole thing has been very unpredictable and Raw is a must watch again tonight to see where they're going with this angle.

As a Punk fan I'm disappointed that they've rushed his title run. However, he's still in the main even picture.

There are so many questions after last night. Cena's half-hearted protest, Stephanie leaving Cena's locker room, HHH looking confused when Nash came out, Nash being there period & finally ADR in the middle of all of this.

For the first time in a long time, WWE watchers are left guessing.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Aug 15, 2011 -> 02:01 PM)
As a Punk fan I'm disappointed that they've rushed his title run. However, he's still in the main even picture.

There are so many questions after last night. Cena's half-hearted protest, Stephanie leaving Cena's locker room, HHH looking confused when Nash came out, Nash being there period & finally ADR in the middle of all of this.

For the first time in a long time, WWE watchers are left guessing.

In recent history its been pretty easy to see where they are going with certain things, but I cant figure out whats going on with this..

The whole Stephanie thing, Nash getting involved.. Cena had short words with trips after the match, I don't know what could possibly happen with all of this..

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 11, 2011 -> 07:48 PM)
Agreed. Im guessing Punk vs HHH at Mania

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Aug 11, 2011 -> 10:26 PM)
Punk vs Austin I say.

I'm still holding out for Punk Vs Bryan

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Aug 14, 2011 -> 10:53 PM)
Sucks that Punk isn't the champ and I hate Del Rio but I think we might get a corporate stable vs. Punk type feud which should be pretty solid.

Corporate stable vs. a new stable of indy guys lead by punk :pray

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Aug 15, 2011 -> 06:38 PM)
I'm still holding out for Punk Vs Bryan

Corporate stable vs. a new stable of indy guys lead by punk :pray

I told my buddy yesterday that imo Bryan having the MITB it too out of no where for him to not be involved with Punk in some way, but I actually think it could possibly lead to him being in a stable with Punk as you mentioned.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Aug 15, 2011 -> 02:02 PM)
However, I do hate how they continue to treat the world titles like trinkets rather than championships...

my point exactly. My reference to last night was regarding Punk was going to lose it, somehow ADR was involved one way or another.

Big Sexy tho....that was a surprise. And after 24 hrs later, a mighty good one, I'll admit.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Aug 15, 2011 -> 09:09 PM)
Can we get a raw that's just 2 hrs of Punk on the mic?

Ha, my buddy just texted me "Punk steals the show everytime he is on camera"

You can tell its been a while since Nash had someone come at him like that

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Aug 15, 2011 -> 09:13 PM)
A big letdown.

Huge. Typical Cena bull crap after Punk had been bringing the best out of him for the last few weeks now. The end of Raw was way to pre-Punk shoot WWE. Awful.

Unfortunately I didnt get to see Raw, and the results I read were kind of "you had to be there" ish so can someone explain to me whats going on?

Was Nash pretty much saying that HHH sent him a text saying take out the winner, or someone else?

QUOTE (T R U @ Aug 15, 2011 -> 11:27 PM)
Unfortunately I didnt get to see Raw, and the results I read were kind of "you had to be there" ish so can someone explain to me whats going on?

Was Nash pretty much saying that HHH sent him a text saying take out the winner, or someone else?

Yes, but we are left to assume Steph is the one that sent it.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Aug 18, 2011 -> 06:31 PM)
Just watched the Punk/Nash segment from Raw.

Good lord, Kevin Nash blows. Not funny, not interesting.

Punk should have gotten two paychecks for carrying that segment single-handedly.

Nash is better when he is sarcastic and cocky. Not all serious and angry.

And Critic, take a shower, hit the weights, and get a clue. LoL

Edited by Brian