Official Squared Circle Thread

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 29, 2011 -> 08:46 PM)
If I can vent for a second...I'm so frustrated with how CM Punk's been booked since MITB. I know I said this a few weeks ago, and it's worse now. All he does is rip on Stephanie now.

I mean, that's who he's feuding with. He's been ripping on Stephanie, Nash and HHH and it's still been pure gold every time he's been on the mic.

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 30, 2011 -> 06:16 AM)
Why hotshot HHH Punk? Ugh

This 100 percent confused me. Not sure what the deal is here.

The creative staff, feeling under a lot of pressure to put together two strong television shows this week, was changing much of the script for Raw on Monday leading up to the live event. The plan was for Triple H to return to the ring at the Survivor Series, but obviously, an audible was called after it was announced that CM Punk would face Kevin Nash at the Night of Champions PPV. For an unknown reason, Triple H changed the match at the end of Raw to himself vs. Punk. The word backstage last night was that Nash’s removal from the PPV was due to medical reasons, but we should know more on the situation shortly.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 30, 2011 -> 10:24 PM)
So Matt Hardy posted a "suicide note" on youtube? Oh boy

I used to be a big Matt Hardy fan but about a year before he left WWE, I was over him. This is probably a promo to retire or change his wrestling name.

"My time here is almost complete, I have only a few hours & minutes, I have loved you all."

Within an hour of the video being posted and linked on the social networking site Twitter, Moore County sheriff's deputies received 25 to 30 calls asking for police to check on the 36-year-old at his home in the 300 block of Boys Camp Road in Cameron, said Capt. Henry Marion with the sheriff's office.

But when Marion and another deputy showed up at Hardy's home, he said, there were no problems.

"I shook his hand," Marion said, "and he told me everything is fine."

The apparent hoax drew immediate reaction from commenters on Twitter and YouTube.

UPDATE: Jeff Hardy's wife posted the below to her Twitter account:

Ugh. So sick of bulls***. Don't believe everything you read. No matter who writes or posts it.

When the cops show up to our house at 11 pm, for a "suicide call" the f***ing joke is over @MATTHARDYBRAND. Stop trying to work the Internet

I guess you got what you wanted @MATTHARDYBRAND. Everyone is talking about you, again. But it's not in a good way.

This guy needs to grow up he has real issues.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (Papa Tru @ Sep 7, 2011 -> 10:18 AM)
I can see HHH losing with Johnny Ace takin over and being behind the Nash thing

Now it would be more interesting if Stephanie was in cahoots with Johnny Ace and Nash.

Steph could take the "I should be the COO being a McMahon" angle.

Would make an interesting story.

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 7, 2011 -> 12:45 PM)
I can see HHH winning and the internet exploding in anger.

Really? I don't think there is any way HHH wins unless Nash gets involved.. HHH gains nothing from winning this match, the payoff here is all the fans get to see him in the ring for one of the few times.. I just cant see HHH beating Punk clean, if he does somehow win it will be because of an interference part of this storyline..

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Sep 8, 2011 -> 02:40 PM)
Nipple H better not win.

I don't even care who wins. All the fun of Punk's earlier promo is gone IMO. The whole Punk/H/Nash angle just bores me. Seeing Triple Haytch open both shows every week bores me. Everything Nash says and does bores me. Even Punk's promos are starting to bore me. "Are your balls in your wife's purse", listing Nash's nicknames, it's just not grabbing me. Putting Punk in a program with either one of them would have been bad enough, but BOTH of them?? AND Johnny Ace??? UGH.

BTW, if you want to see some real quality promo work, YouTube any of Johnny Ace's promos. Wow.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Sep 8, 2011 -> 03:01 PM)
I don't even care who wins. All the fun of Punk's earlier promo is gone IMO. The whole Punk/H/Nash angle just bores me. Seeing Triple Haytch open both shows every week bores me. Everything Nash says and does bores me. Even Punk's promos are starting to bore me. "Are your balls in your wife's purse", listing Nash's nicknames, it's just not grabbing me. Putting Punk in a program with either one of them would have been bad enough, but BOTH of them?? AND Johnny Ace??? UGH.

BTW, if you want to see some real quality promo work, YouTube any of Johnny Ace's promos. Wow.

I saw his crap promo's live he was horrid on a good day!

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Sep 12, 2011 -> 08:17 PM)
Besides Punk and the Miz/Truth, Raw is downright unwatchable again. That first segment was horrific. Sad.

Booking Hart and Del Rio in the opening segment is audio ratings suicide. I swear at one point Del Rio was going to say "Wait, was i supposed to go? No, you go right now, then I go. ok, I got it"