Official Squared Circle Thread

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Greyone @ Aug 30, 2013 -> 01:19 AM)
Not to be the correction police but that is false. El Generice is still Sami Zayn. Sami Callihan is now Soloman Crowe.

This is correct. Callihan is another guy I've seen wrestle numerous times here in the NWI area. Really physical guy who I'm kinda surprised E would go after, not because he's not good but I thought he'd be too "stiff" to make it past the indies. Then again I thought the same thing with Jon Moxley and he's now the US Champ (Dean Ambrose). Those 2 were tag team partners in the "Switchblade Conspiracy". Ambrose actually "stole" Samis finisher, the headlock driver.

Anyway when it comes to Callihan think a bigger Ambrose.

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 30, 2013 -> 11:38 AM)
Hope he's better in the ring then Ambrose. His singles matches have been incredibly dull. Promos are money though.

I thought his match with RVD was solid but ya I agree, they've been rather dull. He was more of a hardcore wrestler on the indy scene. I'd say Sami is the more technically sound of the 2 and he's got a Stan Hanson-esque lariat that I hope they let him keep.

Speaking of RVD, here's an RVD v Callihan match if you get bored (15min).

Great crowd in the video, I miss indy show =(

Note sure how this quote got messed up.

Edited by KyYlE23

Mark Henry injured in Boston.

http://www.24wrestling.com/mark-henry-inju...sues-statement/

WWE Superstar Mark Henry suffered an injury during the WWE live event in Boston on Saturday night. The injury, which was to Henry’s hamstring, occurred when Henry did a run-in at the conclusion of the Randy Orton vs. Daniel Bryan WWE Championship main event.

After doing his run-in as scheduled, Henry was seen taking his time getting back up. The veteran WWE Superstar seemed to be in pretty bad pain when heading to the back.

Cody was the star of Raw last night imo, good promo, good match with Orton.

Everything else was kind of meh to me. Punk's promo was solid but certainly not one of his better one's, the Bryan/corporation storyline I really do like but I don't need to see Big Show crying every week.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Sep 3, 2013 -> 11:14 AM)
Cody was the star of Raw last night imo, good promo, good match with Orton.

Everything else was kind of meh to me. Punk's promo was solid but certainly not one of his better one's, the Bryan/corporation storyline I really do like but I don't need to see Big Show crying every week.

That was absolutely terrible. Before he took time off, SHow was Mr "Iron Clad contract I can do what I want" and "WMD's". Now he is crying because he has to beat up Bryan? Whatever.

The crowd reaction (or lackthereof) to the ending of the show spoke volumes

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 3, 2013 -> 12:59 PM)
That was absolutely terrible. Before he took time off, SHow was Mr "Iron Clad contract I can do what I want" and "WMD's". Now he is crying because he has to beat up Bryan? Whatever.

The crowd reaction (or lackthereof) to the ending of the show spoke volumes

It's even more ridiculous when you think of the history between Show and Bryan but whatever it is what it is.

Bryan, Orton and yes even HHH(who I normally can't stand) are all perfect fits for this storyline and it's also the perfect set up to put over Ziggler and/or Cody into the next tier.

• 2 weeks later...

I am also confused by the fast count and the second ref coming out during the match. I thought it would turn into a controversial victory for Orton and Bryan gets another rematch at the next PPV. Doesn't make sense to have this Bryan vs Corporate angle to shift that quickly after just one month. I am interested to see the aftermath on Raw tonight.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Sep 15, 2013 -> 09:56 PM)
Obvious fast count that I'm sure will come back to change the outcome of the main event....Overall an awful PPV.

Yep you can see it coming a mile away. Crooked ref fast count angle to strip his title BS is old and tired booking.

Edited by Soxfest

If you've got nothing better to do and wanna watch some good wrestling ROH will be airing a live PPV on GFL.TV tonight at 7.

I haven't followed them recently but there's still a lot of guys I used to watch locally who are worth watching. Guys like Davey Richards and Eddie Edwards who may be jumping to the WWE soon, Kevin Steen, Micheal Elgin, Jay Lethal, Homicide, Eddie Kingston, and Roderick Strong.