Official Squared Circle Thread

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 26, 2014 -> 10:50 PM)
It was fine. Not great but not as bad as crowd made it. I actually liked Orton taunting the crowd.

It wasn't a bad match at all. That being said it got s*** on because Bryan is the most over guy in the last decade and they refuse to give the fans what they want. I always give the company the benefit of the doubt because it's just entertainment after all but I'm tired of putting money into this product(and I put way too much into it as is) if they're going to just slap their fans in the face.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 of us did a Rumble pool last night, $20 entry. I drew 1(Punk), 6(Alexander Rusev), 12(Ziggler), 14(Nash), 24(JBL), and 26(Ryback)

So thats why I was so salty about Punk getting eliminated by Kane, it cost me a legit shot at 100

Following the Royal Rumble going off the air last night, Batista got into the face of a fan and gave him the middle finger. People backstage were not happy with his behavior.

Foley rips WWE management IE ..........HHH/VKM

As I mentioned on Twitter, I've never felt so disgusted at the conclusion of a WWE (or any) PPV. Like many of you out there, I just don't get it. This Daniel Bryan thing is a phenomenon. You get it. I get it. The fans in Pittsburgh (yes, I was thinking of writing "RIGHT TH...but I'm just not in a cheap pop mood) got it. But tonight, for the first time, I had to admit to myself that the powers that be are just not going to get it. And that makes me sad. I'm just honestly sad, just flat out f***ing sad (yes, I dropped an F-bomb there to emphasize how F'ing sad I am for the guys who bust their butts night in and night out - Ziggler, Punk, Bryan, etc - with no hope of getting their shot at this year's Mania.

You know who else I'm sad for? Me. In my two years as an official WWE Ambassador, I never once had to lie about my enthusiasm for the company or the product. Now, although I am no longer officially an Ambassador for WWE (believe it or not, my only official role in WWE is as GM for Saturday Morning Slam, a contract that ends in one month) I was till looking forward to being part of the biggest event of the year. I'll probably end up going anyway. But I'm about 1/6th as excited about it as I was just a few hours ago. I wanted so badly to hear 75,000 WWE fans chanting "YES" - and seeing fans walk away absolutely ecstatic about the outcome of a PPV for the first time in a while...a long while. But when given the chance to make it happen (unless they've got something MAJOR up their sleeve) WWE's answer tonight was a resounding "NO, NO, NO".

Mick Foley's son Dewey was also not a fan of the WWE Royal Rumble and the way that the WWE does business. Here is what he posted…

Sorry people who know much about wrestling, but this company right now is in some serious s***. This is really bad for their company because one or two individuals truly believe that their opinions reign much higher over the millions and millions of people who watch their show religiously on a weekly basis. It's such a horrible feeling obviously because it hits close to home. You have these guys who work their asses off 320+ days a year, who barely see their loved ones, and they get completely disrespected and disregarded because Triple f***ing H thinks they're 'too small' or not star material. My dad made your ass, and people told my dad all his life that he would amount to nothing. So Triple H should know from experience that the people that work their asses off and that are told that they are worthless, are the ones that make the company the best it can be. Without my dad, Triple H is just a mid-carder. My dad went out of his way to make sure that he turned Triple H into the intimidating, scary, cerebral assassin, son of a b**** that he has become. So it's about time that people who deserve to be the best are given the opportunity to show it. WWE is a f***ing dictatorship and it is just truly a shame.

Per 411 wrestling

Edited by Soxfest

It's easy to sum up last night. If you are buddies with Triple H, then you ate good last night. Even Nash got a payday last night. New Age Outlawz win the titles. Orton keeps his title. Batista is going to main event WM. This has Triple H all over it, not Vinny Mac. What they really need, especially if Vinny can't handle the everyday writing, is to get Shane back and check Triple H. Until that happens, it's going to continue to go down hill unless we get more pipebombs from AJ, Punk and a bunch of others like Ziggler and Bryan.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Jan 27, 2014 -> 11:29 AM)
It's easy to sum up last night. If you are buddies with Triple H, then you ate good last night. Even Nash got a payday last night. New Age Outlawz win the titles. Orton keeps his title. Batista is going to main event WM. This has Triple H all over it, not Vinny Mac. What they really need, especially if Vinny can't handle the everyday writing, is to get Shane back and check Triple H. Until that happens, it's going to continue to go down hill unless we get more pipebombs from AJ, Punk and a bunch of others like Ziggler and Bryan.

It could be part of a big angle!! Nah, doubt it.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 27, 2014 -> 08:46 PM)
The opening segment with HHH, Stephanie and Bryan was really good. They really played up the heat on them for last nights card

Steph was such a troll. She was gold.

Vince McMahon ordered that the scrupt for tonight's Raw be "heavily tweaked" following the Royal Rumble, with the writers still at work as of about two and a half hours ago. The source claims that the new script--which is a big improvement on the first one's--is being made in spite of the negative reaction last night and not because of it.

Per 411 Wrestling

Time to throw my drunk creative hat on...Also had some taco bell so it's time to think outside the bun....

Elimination Chamber War Games....Wyatts vs Shield....Isn't there a mode on SvR where you can do a 3 on 3 EC match?? Maybe make it extra spicy and have Bray "brainwash" Ambrose, and turns on the shield.

Also how big are dem dare pods???? Can we finally get a tag team EC??? NAO-Rhodes-Usos-Real Americans-Rey/Cara-PTP...Or The Bulls, Ryabaxel, or better yet...bring back Air Boom.

Edited by scs787

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jan 28, 2014 -> 07:34 PM)
Viney Mac was heavily involved in that whole ordeal too. Not the whole murder part but everything afterwards.

Someone obviously got involved, the coroner recommended the case be treated as a homicide and nothing was done.

It wouldnt surprise me if he was gone for a while, there have been rumblings that he is burned out. With how the rumble ended, I could see that really pissing him off, he b****ed a lot about the Rock last year

If he's not back in a week or two I'm guessing it's real as taking time off during Mania season isn't the best time to do so.

This sucks if he's gone though, especially with no proper send off.

Edited by Rowand44

The thing about Punk, what is he going to do? he likes to talk a big game about MMA, but come on now, lets be real. I doubt he is jumping on the sinking ship that is TNA.

This is probably half true half work, and will end up drawing a lot of attention

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 29, 2014 -> 09:41 AM)
The thing about Punk, what is he going to do? he likes to talk a big game about MMA, but come on now, lets be real. I doubt he is jumping on the sinking ship that is TNA.

This is probably half true half work, and will end up drawing a lot of attention

He's an odd dude so who knows.

That being said, the more I think about it, it could definitely be a work while also giving him a month off. Worth noting that there's a Raw in Chicago on March 3rd, perfect amount of time for him to get some time off, get an insane pop and still build the storyline with HHH that they can still push a tad with him gone.

I guess at this point I wouldn't be surprised if he's gone or if it's a work.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 29, 2014 -> 07:29 AM)
Punk took his ball and went home. Story line or real?

According to Pwinsider.com, CM Punk has been pulled from all advertising of WWE live events going forward after a meeting with WWE management at Monday's WWE Raw tapings. Punk is under contract until July, but the feeling right now is that he is no longer factored into the company's plans moving forward. The plan was to work towards a CM Punk vs. Triple H match at WrestleMania 30, but not it seems as if WWE may slide Daniel Bryan into that slot.

Some sources have stated that the original script for Monday's Raw called for Punk to wrestle Antonio Cesaro and lose after Kane interfered in an Elimination Chamber Qualifying match. Other sources claim that he was not scheduled to wrestle, but instead say he was booked to do a promo that would follow up on Kane causing his elimination from the Rumble. Either way Punk was booked for Raw, but was not backstage for the show or at Smackdown.

The feeling is that the late re-writes for the show on Monday were because Punk had informed the company he was going home and wouldn't be back. Word is that this is not an injury situation, but instead a case of burnout and unhappiness with the overall direction of the company. Punk had been very vocal in the past about the usage of returning and "part time" stars being pushed beyond wrestlers who were working full-time for the company.