Official Squared Circle Thread

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The following is a preview for tonight's TNA Impact Wrestling On Spike TV, taped last week from Glasgow, Scottland:

* TNA Champion Magnus vs. Kurt Angle (non-title match)

* Samoa Joe vs. Bobby Roode

* Dixie Carter meet with MVP.

* TNA X-Division Champ Austin Aries vs. Zema Ion.

* Abyss vs. Eric Young (Monster's Ball match)

* Curry Man returns.

I think even the Juggalo Wrestling Federation would laugh at this

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 6, 2014 -> 12:41 PM)
I think even the Juggalo Wrestling Federation would laugh at this

I think Impact is better than it was a couple months ago.

If anything, I wish they would drop the "Evil Dixie" storyline. She's beyond awful on the mic, her facial expressions are moronic, and the whole angle detracts from the show.

The wrestling on Impact is generally very good and they have a few people who are funny and interesting (not least of all, Bad Influence, my favorite non-Bray Wyatt thing in wrestling right now).

Impact is WAY better than SmackDown almost every single week.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Feb 7, 2014 -> 12:10 PM)
I watched TNA for the first time yesterday. When did Samoa Joe get so fat? He could pass for Umaga easily

I think he stopped caring. He's been there while they trot out every former WWE guy on Earth, and I think he put it on cruise control.

It's the wrong approach, but he wouldn't be the first guy to mail it in.

EDITED to add: wasn't Joe offered the Umaga role back then? I think I remember hearing that on some podcast.

Edited by The Critic

QUOTE (The Critic @ Feb 7, 2014 -> 03:37 PM)
I think he stopped caring. He's been there while they trot out every former WWE guy on Earth, and I think he put it on cruise control.

It's the wrong approach, but he wouldn't be the first guy to mail it in.

EDITED to add: wasn't Joe offered the Umaga role back then? I think I remember hearing that on some podcast.

Ok Joe, I have an idea. We are going to paint tribal stuff on your face, and wrap your thumb up and make it an unstoppable deadly force. You will scream and grunt a lot and spit a little bit. You wont talk. What do you think?

*walks out door*

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 7, 2014 -> 04:57 PM)
Ok Joe, I have an idea. We are going to paint tribal stuff on your face, and wrap your thumb up and make it an unstoppable deadly force. You will scream and grunt a lot and spit a little bit. You wont talk. What do you think?

*walks out door*

:lol:

Yeah, I know, but it could have been a way in the door. Umaga could have morphed into something better in time. Even the badly-burned, voice-boxed Kane became "management", so as WWE loves to say, Anything Can Happen!

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Feb 10, 2014 -> 08:18 PM)
Raw is excellent tonight. Glad I started watching tonight. 2 a

just awesome matches in the first 1.5 hours. Surprised how over that Cesaro guy is.

Cesaro is awesome. Hopefully he gets a nice face push once he breaks from Swagger.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Feb 10, 2014 -> 08:18 PM)
Raw is excellent tonight. Glad I started watching tonight. 2 a

just awesome matches in the first 1.5 hours. Surprised how over that Cesaro guy is.

He has my favorite Indy name ever, Very Mysterious Ice Cream

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Feb 10, 2014 -> 09:15 PM)
That Wyatt vs. Shield build was awesome.

Both groups are fantastic and ya they've done a good job building it.

The inevitable break up of The Shield makes me sad. With Punk gone they've become my favorite thing in wrestling. I understand breaking them up but it still makes me sad.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Feb 10, 2014 -> 08:22 PM)
Cesaro is awesome. Hopefully he gets a nice face push once he breaks from Swagger.

Hope he stays heel with Zeb and let Swagger become a jobber face.

Never win the WWE World Heavyweight Title. They'll make you look like crap. Orton in no way should be losing clean on Raw to these guys. Should be sneaking out with DQ's or something. I understand the title means jack still, but build your guys up.

Wyatts and Shield are the only things on Raw I look forward to. I like Bryan but it's no fun the way they use him

Edited by Brian

That main event was such crap. I really hope it's done for good. Should have just put the Shield and Wyatt feud there with one of their matches. They are more than over enough to carry a ME. Not that WWE will trust it's awesome young talent, especially with huge negotiations coming up. The late 90s was so good because the mid card was every bit as good as the MEers. You have that now since the young talent has not been this good in years. Hopefully WWE let's them shine. The Raw matches last night were so great outside of Cena/Orton and the Del Rio squash/Bautista push. The feud build with the Wyatts and Shield was top notch stuff.

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 11, 2014 -> 05:50 AM)
Hope he stays heel with Zeb and let Swagger become a jobber face.

Never win the WWE World Heavyweight Title. They'll make you look like crap. Orton in no way should be losing clean on Raw to these guys. Should be sneaking out with DQ's or something. I understand the title means jack still, but build your guys up.

Wyatts and Shield are the only things on Raw I look forward to. I like Bryan but it's no fun the way they use him

His move set is so incredible that he's going to have to be a face at some point. Too many moves that fans pop for.

As far as Orton-Cena, it was actually a good match but still bored me. I just can't be entertained with those two working together anymore.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Feb 13, 2014 -> 09:34 PM)
American Wolves are in TNA now??? I was bummed when WWE didn't hire em after their tryout...Them boys can go in the ring.

Ya TNA scooped them up like right after the E said no to them.

On a side note, I've read a few articles now that says the E is quite worried about Raw in Chicago. I'm really intrigued to see how all that goes down.