Official Squared Circle Thread

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (T R U @ Mar 14, 2011 -> 06:31 PM)
man TNA is so bad

Honky Tonk Man came out today and said if Hogan got an offer from WWE right now he would take it and bail on TNA.

Probably BS, but it wouldn't surprise me if Hogan was to do something like that.

You can tell the booking under Russo and Sullivan has all gone to s***. The only chance TNA really had was to bring in Paul Heyman to run things and they screwed that up.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Mar 14, 2011 -> 03:47 AM)
Honky Tonk Man came out today and said if Hogan got an offer from WWE right now he would take it and bail on TNA.

Probably BS, but it wouldn't surprise me if Hogan was to do something like that.

You can tell the booking under Russo and Sullivan has all gone to s***. The only chance TNA really had was to bring in Paul Heyman to run things and they screwed that up.

They screw everything up.. there was a reason Jeff Hardy was kicked to the curb by WWE, of course TNA thinks they are going to get some huge draw and yet he f***s them over like he does to everyone..

All TNA does is pick up WWE's trash and completely neglect the better homegrown talent that they have.. they have no clue how to do things over there, that's why they have 90 second main events on PPV's in front of 900 people..

Hardy was whacked out on something.

Bischoff coming out to change it to a no-DQ was obviously to signal Sting and Hebner that they needed to make it quick.

Sting put real pressure on Hardy between the 2 and 3 counts to make sure he couldn't kick out (which he tried to do).

The fans were chanting "bulls***" and Sting was saying "I agree".

This is TNA's own fault for hiring that f***up Jeff Hardy. I wouldn't be surprised if he was released sometime this week.

Of course, I ALSO wouldn't be surprised if he was given back the title and pushed hard until he gets sentenced on the 21st.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Mar 14, 2011 -> 02:47 AM)

If I have learned anything about Hogan over the years, it's that he has zero loyalty or class. He'd bail on TNA in a heartbeat.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Mar 15, 2011 -> 02:51 AM)
Miz was very good again on Raw last night.

Unfortunately, this weekly dominance over SuperCena can only mean a loss at Mania.

I hope they don't have him lose the belt yet. He's been great as champ.

You know it's gonna happen. Like I said, unless something super interesting happens, WrestleMania this year is my pro wrestling send off, a la HBK. I will give my speech in here the night after Mania during Raw.

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 15, 2011 -> 03:54 AM)
You know it's gonna happen. Like I said, unless something super interesting happens, WrestleMania this year is my pro wrestling send off, a la HBK. I will give my speech in here the night after Mania during Raw.

If that speech does not include some variation of "I'm going home to find my smile", I will hunt you down and give you a Bastion Booger-style finishing maneuver.

:D

(There is no way anything interesting will happen at Mania unless someone shows up in Jeff Hardy shape, so I'm assuming your speech will take place)

QUOTE (The Critic @ Mar 15, 2011 -> 05:24 AM)
If that speech does not include some variation of "I'm going home to find my smile", I will hunt you down and give you a Bastion Booger-style finishing maneuver.

:D

(There is no way anything interesting will happen at Mania unless someone shows up in Jeff Hardy shape, so I'm assuming your speech will take place)

Here is a tip. Bring the hankies.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 15, 2011 -> 11:48 AM)
Whatever Brian, you will retire from watching WWE and then start talking about how TNA really interests you a few months later. Dixie Carter always gets the WWE washouts ;)

They can air a live and uncensored strip tease from Velvet Sky on Impact and I would not turn it on to watch...I would google the pic though.

I think I'm going to stop watching, too, actually. It's getting harder and harder to find anything worth watching on any of the shows, and I'm getting a little tired of complaining about the same s*** time and time again, only to see the same stale storylines and characters rehashed over and over.

I keep saying it's a "down time" for wrestling, but I'm starting to think it's just all been done.

Only thing thats keepin me from callin it quits on wrestling is Punk, danielson, and sydal, guys i seen live in front of 150 people give it their all, comin out of the indies where people actually still wrestle. Im hoping they call up Tyler Black sometime soon, hes another guy id watch. I remember when i sat in the bleachers with him watching a show not knowing he was a wrestler, a month later seeing him in the ring and thinking "that guy was just in the audience last month, no way is he gonna be any good" then a year later hes the biggest star in the indies.

videos well put together, all of the clips are comin from NW IN. you'll see matt sydal (evan bourne) in the video, a feud between these guys would be amazing

Edited by 2nd_city_saint787

I love heel Punk, but ever since the Undertaker debacle, they've given him terrible storylines or have turned them terrible. Instead of Punk vs Orton at Mania, why not Punk and Barrett? Why even split up Nexxus? Why not have them get every title out there like a true nWo, but young.

Seriously, the E needs to do away with the Nexxus/Corre storyline as they miffed on it several times over. Punk needs to be in the title picture.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Mar 25, 2011 -> 06:27 PM)
I love heel Punk, but ever since the Undertaker debacle, they've given him terrible storylines or have turned them terrible. Instead of Punk vs Orton at Mania, why not Punk and Barrett? Why even split up Nexxus? Why not have them get every title out there like a true nWo, but young.

Seriously, the E needs to do away with the Nexxus/Corre storyline as they miffed on it several times over. Punk needs to be in the title picture.

meh, E doesnt need to do anything like nWo.. they already brought in the nWo years ago and it flopped horribly.. let it die

QUOTE (T R U @ Mar 26, 2011 -> 03:08 AM)
meh, E doesnt need to do anything like nWo.. they already brought in the nWo years ago and it flopped horribly.. let it die

wrestling needs a major storyline or a phenomenal new star to grab people again.

I'm 32 and watched wrestling since I was really little. I use to go to the Horizon shows with my Uncle, dad and cousin with British Bulldogs, Heart Foundation, Hulk, Mr. Wonderful, etc... so probably since I was about 7 or 8. Watched it a lot until about HS, then the cartoony era of WWF stopped watching, NWO angle in WCW and ECW got me back into it and I began watching all 3 pretty strongly. Then interest ebbed again.

How has everybody's wrestling interest cycle gone? Anyone watch it non-stop for their whole life or have a similar pattern to me where it's on and off again. I know my uncle who is in his mid 60s has followed some form of pro wrestling for basically his whole life. Not like he watches it religiously, but he still is pretty up to date on it.

For me, I just didn't connect with some of the new guys E was pushing, there's one I think was horrible. (No need to name him, don't want to start a thread about that and I'm sure there were lame wrestlers I enjoyed who others hated in the past).