Official Squared Circle Thread

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Mar 26, 2011 -> 11:05 AM)
wrestling needs a major storyline or a phenomenal new star to grab people again.

I'm 32 and watched wrestling since I was really little. I use to go to the Horizon shows with my Uncle, dad and cousin with British Bulldogs, Heart Foundation, Hulk, Mr. Wonderful, etc... so probably since I was about 7 or 8. Watched it a lot until about HS, then the cartoony era of WWF stopped watching, NWO angle in WCW and ECW got me back into it and I began watching all 3 pretty strongly. Then interest ebbed again.

How has everybody's wrestling interest cycle gone? Anyone watch it non-stop for their whole life or have a similar pattern to me where it's on and off again. I know my uncle who is in his mid 60s has followed some form of pro wrestling for basically his whole life. Not like he watches it religiously, but he still is pretty up to date on it.

For me, I just didn't connect with some of the new guys E was pushing, there's one I think was horrible. (No need to name him, don't want to start a thread about that and I'm sure there were lame wrestlers I enjoyed who others hated in the past).

ill always watch wrestling, I just enjoy it.. its entertaining to me even if they don't do everything right..

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Mar 26, 2011 -> 11:05 AM)
wrestling needs a major storyline or a phenomenal new star to grab people again.

I'm 32 and watched wrestling since I was really little. I use to go to the Horizon shows with my Uncle, dad and cousin with British Bulldogs, Heart Foundation, Hulk, Mr. Wonderful, etc... so probably since I was about 7 or 8. Watched it a lot until about HS, then the cartoony era of WWF stopped watching, NWO angle in WCW and ECW got me back into it and I began watching all 3 pretty strongly. Then interest ebbed again.

How has everybody's wrestling interest cycle gone? Anyone watch it non-stop for their whole life or have a similar pattern to me where it's on and off again. I know my uncle who is in his mid 60s has followed some form of pro wrestling for basically his whole life. Not like he watches it religiously, but he still is pretty up to date on it.

For me, I just didn't connect with some of the new guys E was pushing, there's one I think was horrible. (No need to name him, don't want to start a thread about that and I'm sure there were lame wrestlers I enjoyed who others hated in the past).

I've watched pretty regularly since about 1971, but now I find myself turning it off or skipping through so much stuff that I'm wondering why I even bother with it anymore. I even used to get a kick out of the blatantly awful stuff (like the dying days of wCw), but now I'm just bored.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Mar 27, 2011 -> 09:38 AM)
I've watched pretty regularly since about 1971, but now I find myself turning it off or skipping through so much stuff that I'm wondering why I even bother with it anymore. I even used to get a kick out of the blatantly awful stuff (like the dying days of wCw), but now I'm just bored.

Which is why I am preparing my farewell speech.

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 27, 2011 -> 03:32 PM)
Which is why I am preparing my farewell speech.

How's that coming along?

Make sure to "thank" all the people/companies/storylines that are making you leave.

Don't leave anyone out - I want that speech to be so long that they bring up the music to cue you to get off the stage.

:D

QUOTE (The Critic @ Mar 27, 2011 -> 04:17 PM)
How's that coming along?

Make sure to "thank" all the people/companies/storylines that are making you leave.

Don't leave anyone out - I want that speech to be so long that they bring up the music to cue you to get off the stage.

Too much pressure

I am probably being old fashioned but going into your biggest show of the year, why do the confrontations have to end of Raw with one person getting the upper hand?

Miz is the most interesting champ they have had in a long time and they are making him look so weak. I'm afraid that if they make him drop the belt to Cena Sunday, it will cripple his momentum and since the E needs young guys NOW, that would be awful and one of the reasons I am stepping down.

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 29, 2011 -> 03:57 AM)
I am probably being old fashioned but going into your biggest show of the year, why do the confrontations have to end of Raw with one person getting the upper hand?

Miz is the most interesting champ they have had in a long time and they are making him look so weak. I'm afraid that if they make him drop the belt to Cena Sunday, it will cripple his momentum and since the E needs young guys NOW, that would be awful and one of the reasons I am stepping down.

I didn't watch Raw (1/2 because I was watching the Hawks, 1/2 because I'm bored of everything having to do with Mania already), but from what I read, it looks like maybe Rock will cost SuperCena the match to extend their feud. From what I've read online, it sure seems like Rock has the itch to wrestle again. I'm tired of him already, though. That first promo was very good, but everything since has become less and less interesting to me.

And I agree about Del Rio being stale already. The whole card is a snore in my view.

Please do not berate me as I do not follow wrestling any longer.

I took my kids to RAW last night and I gotta tell you it was a miserable experience. I have some knowledge of the wrestlers but the matches last night were s***. What is with the combined tag team matches and the tag team champion wrestling with six guys outside the ring and the six guys outside ofhe ring were better than the two guys wrestling.

The commercial breaks made attending a Bears game seem fast paced.

Then there was suppossed ot be a Smack Down with better wrestlers but hat was goingot happen until around 10:50 and after being there for NXT, Superstars and RAW enough was enough.

The endless promo during the breaks was nauseating except for he Road Warriors getting into the Hall of Fame.

Oh and my car was blocked in the parking lot.

Yeah, Harry. WWE is the worst it has ever been probably. Even worse than 93. I didn't know they taped Smackdown as well. Hell, that had to of been a long night.

And the AllState parking lot if awful to get out. Never easy. WHen I was in high school, my buddies and I went to AllState a few times and right where you pay to park, we used to go right off to the right and back in. After the show, we were out in no time. Than one time, they wouldn't let us do that and it was awful getting out of there.

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 29, 2011 -> 04:47 PM)
Yeah, Harry. WWE is the worst it has ever been probably. Even worse than 93. I didn't know they taped Smackdown as well. Hell, that had to of been a long night.

And the AllState parking lot if awful to get out. Never easy. WHen I was in high school, my buddies and I went to AllState a few times and right where you pay to park, we used to go right off to the right and back in. After the show, we were out in no time. Than one time, they wouldn't let us do that and it was awful getting out of there.

it's horrible to get out of, 2nd only to the place in Tinley Park that was called World Music Theater, if you get in the wrong place there you are there for hours

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Mar 29, 2011 -> 07:06 PM)
Did you know you can make Wrestlemania bets on some sports betting websites? That blows my mind.

why does that blow your mind? there's really no way to know who is going to win unless you're Vince McMahon.. things change in an instance all the time, and especially with wrestlemania the only thing that is a sure bet is Undertaker is gonna win

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Mar 29, 2011 -> 01:35 PM)
Oh and my car was blocked in the parking lot.

They did that to us when I went to see Iron Maiden a couple years ago.

They parked us three-deep. Who DOES that???

Of course, the people in front of us, behind us and next to us were some of the last to leave the show.

It was awful.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 30, 2011 -> 12:26 PM)
Fun fact, who is the only active member of WWE to never have left the company since the merger of WWE and WCW?

edit: and this guy was also in WCW

Chavo Guerrero

Hmm, I don't think Kane has gone anywhere either..

QUOTE (T R U @ Mar 30, 2011 -> 12:34 PM)
Hmm, I don't think Kane has gone anywhere either..

Im sorry should have clarified, he came over from WCW at the merger and has never left the company.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Mar 30, 2011 -> 07:28 PM)
Untechnically, technically, Chris Benoit and Eddie Guerrero. Actually, Rey Mysterio Jr.

Benoit and Eddie came before the merger, Rey a few years after

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 30, 2011 -> 08:27 PM)
Benoit and Eddie came before the merger, Rey a few years after

lol the radicals.. I remember when Guerrero, Benoit, Malenko, and Saturn all had to win their matches on RAW that night to stay in WWE and the only thing I remember is all 4 lost with Benoit losing to HHH..

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 30, 2011 -> 03:10 PM)
Im sorry should have clarified, he came over from WCW at the merger and has never left the company.

ahh ok I understand now after re-reading.. but going back to that, I am actually fairly confident that Kane is the longest tenured wrestler in WWE right now..

Its funny thinking about Kane.. he was Isaac Yankem and the Fake Diesel.. and then he became Kane and has had prolly a very easy and fullfilling career.. hes never had to have the burden of being the main draw of the company, but at the same time he has always been a "dominant" wrestler.. pretty sweet gig

QUOTE (T R U @ Mar 31, 2011 -> 03:23 AM)
ahh ok I understand now after re-reading.. but going back to that, I am actually fairly confident that Kane is the longest tenured wrestler in WWE right now..

Its funny thinking about Kane.. he was Isaac Yankem and the Fake Diesel.. and then he became Kane and has had prolly a very easy and fullfilling career.. hes never had to have the burden of being the main draw of the company, but at the same time he has always been a "dominant" wrestler.. pretty sweet gig

The Chris Bosh of WWE, minus the dominant part.