2010 Fall TV Thread

Steve9347

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Sep 24, 2010 -> 08:17 AM)
I really enjoy paying attention to facial expressions in Sunny. Sometimes I can't stop laughing just looking at some of their faces.

Dennis's drunken rant had me laughing, but Mac's face in he background kicked it up a notch.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Sep 23, 2010 -> 04:44 PM)
Remember what I said that they haven't made a show you didn't like? This is the type of post that made me say it ;)

You've just ignored a LOT of posts that I write ripping programs. I also have an open mind and am not going to thump my chest and act too manly to watch a show like Glee which can be entertaining.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Sep 24, 2010 -> 12:06 AM)
The Goodfellas episode sealed it for me with Abed; amazing.

I enjoyed his Don Draper and Batman last year.

My favorite episode of all-time is the paintball episode, simply because of all the amazing action movie references.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Sep 24, 2010 -> 08:17 AM)
I really enjoy paying attention to facial expressions in Sunny. Sometimes I can't stop laughing just looking at some of their faces.

I was disappointed with both new episodes Sunny has put out in season 6. Something seems to be missing...

QUOTE (ChWRoCk2 @ Sep 24, 2010 -> 08:51 AM)
I was disappointed with both new episodes Sunny has put out in season 6. Something seems to be missing...

I can tell you what went wrong, and it happened between seasons 3 and 4. They turned Frank into a bumbling, disgusting idiot instead of a smooth schemer with an air of confidence that he always knew what was up even if he didn't.

Couple that with everyone acting like Charlie instead of just Charlie being Charlie, and it came a bit unhinged. It's still very funny and I like the actors, but it will never be pre-season 4, I think.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 24, 2010 -> 09:54 AM)
I can tell you what went wrong, and it happened between seasons 3 and 4. They turned Frank into a bumbling, disgusting idiot instead of a smooth schemer with an air of confidence that he always knew what was up even if he didn't.

Couple that with everyone acting like Charlie instead of just Charlie being Charlie, and it came a bit unhinged. It's still very funny and I like the actors, but it will never be pre-season 4, I think.

I heard episode 4 is the best of the early few and was screened at Comic-con, waiting for the before I pass judgment

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Sep 23, 2010 -> 08:57 PM)
Dreadful? Unwatchable? f***-terrible? You're being awful picky with the verbiage here.

I finally watched the pilot, and I have to say I agree. It was basically a weeks worth of one liners off of the guys blog. It is akin to SNL taking 2 minute skits and turning them into 30 minute TV shows or hour and a half long movies... It just doesn't work. I haven't erased it off of the DVR yet, but it is on warning for sure.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Sep 24, 2010 -> 07:46 AM)
After the "guts or nuts" line in the beginning s*** my dad says was terrible. It was as if they were trying too hard to drop a great one liner every three seconds and it was obvious.

Always Sunny was meh again.

The Office was actually fairly decent IMO.

I thought Big Bang was great to be honest.

And the League was much better this week. I hated Rafi in the premiere but he was great this week. Hope the diminished role of Taco doesn't become a trend though.

And Outsourced had its moments. Wasn't great but it was far from terrible as someone hinted at it would be yesterday. Since there's nothing else on at 9:30 i'll probably give it another shot

I agree with both 100%

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 24, 2010 -> 12:38 PM)
Saw that the ratings for Terriers keeps going down. Unfortunate. May not make it to the end of Season 1 and probably no renewal.

And yet garbage like s*** My Dad Says draws 12.5 million viewers. Apparently a large portion of this country only gets 1 channel.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Sep 24, 2010 -> 12:48 PM)
And yet garbage like s*** My Dad Says draws 12.5 million viewers. Apparently a large portion of this country only gets 1 channel.

Sad. I read that it seems FX isn't plugging Terriers as much as they should.

QUOTE (ChWRoCk2 @ Sep 24, 2010 -> 01:06 PM)
I don't think I have ever been disappointed by a Big Bang episode, they continue to produce solid episodes.

It really is a great show.

Also going back to the SOA locale thing. Didn't it say in the show where they were as soon as Cam knocked on the door? I always knew he was there and the other things were leading the Sons to that place.

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 24, 2010 -> 01:09 PM)
Sad. I read that it seems FX isn't plugging Terriers as much as they should.

They've done a god awful job of promoting the show, the few commercials I saw just featured dogs tearing s*** up with no other clues as to what the show was about. I just assumed it was about dogs which didn't really interest me, luckily I took the time to seek out the true premise of the show: something your average viewer is not going to do.

Just look at the promotional poster for the show:

Terriers.jpg

That's just dreadful marketing, the show has jack s*** to do with dogs, why in god's name would they push that angle so hard?

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Sep 24, 2010 -> 01:21 PM)
They've done a god awful job of promoting the show, the few commercials I saw just featured dogs tearing s*** up with no other clues as to what the show was about. I just assumed it was about dogs which didn't really interest me, luckily I took the time to seek out the true premise of the show: something your average viewer is not going to do.

Just look at the promotional poster for the show:

Terriers.jpg

That's just dreadful marketing, the show has jack s*** to do with dogs, why in god's name would they push that angle so hard?

Along the same lines, why is it even called Terriers?

Edited by Milkman delivers

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Sep 24, 2010 -> 12:48 PM)

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Sep 23, 2010 -> 12:09 PM)
CBS could put on two guys making fart noises with their armpits for an hour every week and it would be a hit show.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Sep 23, 2010 -> 02:47 PM)
I think the people who watch CBS never change the channel and that's why nothing ever gets cancelled regardless of how bad it actually is.

Edited by JPN366

^^ I seriously think it's because CBS is the first station that comes on for certain TV sets, like at hotels, where the TV always resets to the first station instead of the last channel it was on before the unit was turned off.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Sep 24, 2010 -> 02:13 PM)
^^ I seriously think it's because CBS is the first station that comes on for certain TV sets, like at hotels, where the TV always resets to the first station instead of the last channel is was on before the unit was turned off.

If that Jim Belushi/Jerry O'Connell show is a hit, then we can officially say that Hell has frozen over and the world is ending.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Sep 24, 2010 -> 03:14 PM)
If that Jim Belushi/Jerry O'Connell show is a hit, then we can officially say that Hell has frozen over and the world is ending.

According to Jim was on for like 7 years or something like that and once Courtney Thorne whatever and Brad Paisley's wife were no longer easy on the eyes the show went downhill from there. Same thing with George Lopez.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Sep 24, 2010 -> 10:52 PM)
Love me some Friday Night Lights, even if Brian and I are the only ones watching it. Now that I have DirecTV, I don't have to wait until the spring, which is nice.

Anyone still watching "The League?" It's off to another good start in season 2.

I usually watch Friday Night Lights the next day online. Like hell I am waiting for the spring.

League is great.