2010 Fall TV Thread

Steve9347

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 21, 2010 -> 08:49 PM)
Running Wilde's supposed to be funny, right? Ouch, not very entertaining so far, and I love Will Arnett.

I LOL'd a few times. It has potential.

Plus, there was a "huge mistake" reference. If you remember, the AD pilot wasn't exactly the funniest thing ever because they had so much to set up. However, there was a lot of stupid s*** in THIS pilot, and I certainly am not comparing the two in greatness, but Mitch Hurwitz and Will Arnett have earned a little leeway with me.

Even though that animated show they did with Jason Bateman was so awful.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Sep 22, 2010 -> 06:34 AM)
SOA was good again last night.

Loved Stephen King as the cleaner.

I just came here to post that, he was fantastic.

Hopefully we can put the Gemma-daddy storyline behind us and get to Ireland for some ass-kicking.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 22, 2010 -> 09:40 AM)
I just came here to post that, he was fantastic.

Hopefully we can put the Gemma-daddy storyline behind us and get to Ireland for some ass-kicking.

Why not both? Hal Holbrook is way too good of an actor to waste him on 3 episodes with a total screen time of about 15 minutes.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Sep 22, 2010 -> 09:52 AM)
Why not both? Hal Holbrook is way too good of an actor to waste him on 3 episodes with a total screen time of about 15 minutes.

Gemma hinted at a possible retirement home in last night's episode. Old Hal might be good, but that storyline seems to have little left.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Sep 22, 2010 -> 01:34 PM)
I got into SOA early last season and wow can I get lost some times. Never knew there was as deep an Irish connection there.

The Cleaner was as creepy as they get.

Did you notice that his name was Bachman? Clever.

I learned my lesson with Flash Forward.... Every thing trying to be the next LOST now that lost is gone and everything seems to fail miserably. I dont expect The Event or No Ordinary Family or Whatever to be any good....

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Sep 22, 2010 -> 01:34 PM)
I got into SOA early last season and wow can I get lost some times. Never knew there was as deep an Irish connection there.

The Cleaner was as creepy as they get.

I don't think they really went into it before. As far as I remember, they have only mentioned that they have been in business with the Irish for a very long time.

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Sep 22, 2010 -> 02:45 PM)
I'm a bit confused about the SOA episode last night.

Obviously Cameron took Abel to Vancouver. But at the end Juice said something about him being dead and in Ireland. Which is it?

The last thing the Sons knew was that Cameron was in Vancouver with Abel. They didn't know that he successfully made it to Ireland.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Sep 22, 2010 -> 02:53 PM)

The last thing the Sons knew was that Cameron was in Vancouver with Abel. They didn't know that he successfully made it to Ireland.

OK, so who is where? There's Maureen, Abel, Father Ashby and Cameron. They've all appeared together at one point or another. It just seems like they are jumping from Ireland to Canada awful quick.

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Sep 22, 2010 -> 02:58 PM)

OK, so who is where? There's Maureen, Abel, Father Ashby and Cameron. They've all appeared together at one point or another. It just seems like they are jumping from Ireland to Canada awful quick.

I took it that the writers tried to hide that they were in Ireland until now, to give you as a viewer as much shock as it did to the Sons.

QUOTE (Cali @ Sep 22, 2010 -> 01:37 PM)

Lone Star was pretty great. Didn't feel like a network pilot, felt more like a cable pilot...Hopefully it lasts.

New Modern Family tonight! Stoked....

Heard it was good. Gonna watch it on Hulu when I get some time. Read it was teh worst rated show on Monday Night. Tough time slot.

Raising Hope was pretty good, hard to ask too much from a pilot but it showed potential. Running Wilde on the other hand has an uphill battle with it's goofy comedy and annoying little girl narrator, I also don't see Keri Russell bringing a damn thing to the table.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Sep 22, 2010 -> 03:00 PM)

I took it that the writers tried to hide that they were in Ireland until now, to give you as a viewer as much shock as it did to the Sons.

OK, I get it now. Everyone is in Ireland. The trail the Sons were following just happen to go cold in Vancouver.

Edited by Iwritecode