2010 Fall TV Thread

Steve9347

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (That funky motion @ Dec 28, 2010 -> 09:39 PM)
I was going to watch that. Thanks for the heads up.

well if you have DVR might be worth it if you have some interest in it, but honestly, the items people bring in aren't interesting and the family it's based around come off alternating between uninteristing and dicks.

QUOTE (The Gooch @ Dec 30, 2010 -> 12:23 PM)
No, Pawn Stars is awesome.

I went down there a few weekends ago to get a tshirt for my stepdad and ran into Chummly as he was leaving...he had to run to a magazine shoot for his tattoos with Big Hoss. Pretty funny how big of a celebrity he is there....everyone was grabbing at him and stuff.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 30, 2010 -> 12:33 PM)
I went down there a few weekends ago to get a tshirt for my stepdad and ran into Chummly as he was leaving...he had to run to a magazine shoot for his tattoos with Big Hoss. Pretty funny how big of a celebrity he is there....everyone was grabbing at him and stuff.

Thats awesome. What if you wanted to sell something to them? Is there like a screening process to try and sell stuff to the guys on the tv show? How far is the shop from the strip?

QUOTE (The Gooch @ Dec 30, 2010 -> 02:24 PM)
Thats awesome. What if you wanted to sell something to them? Is there like a screening process to try and sell stuff to the guys on the tv show? How far is the shop from the strip?

It's about 2 miles north of me, not far at all. I went on a Saturday and it was very busy. I had to wait in a line just to get in. There were a lot of people inside and there are signs that say "cameras filming: smile!" or something like that. There area where they go in the show when they "write someone up" is a little area off in the corner. That is the only area where there aren't cameras aimed. I went over there and asked a guy if they might be interested in buying my bike and he said "Bring it back in a month. With the addition we're adding on all the bikes we have are getting wrecked."

I've heard that they close the shop down when they film most of the show, which is why it always looks quiet in there. They must tell the people who bring in interesting things to come back at a specific time in which they film the show, so they can do it all at one time.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 30, 2010 -> 05:49 PM)
I can't turn that show off if I have not seen the episode before. Its the same thing with American Pickers.

Its like me and Keeping Up with the Kardashians...I mean The Deadliest Catch

QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 30, 2010 -> 06:00 PM)
Have any of you guys seen the spinoff from Pawn Stars with Rick the restoration guy?

I believe it is called American Restoration?

I watched about five minutes of it, and was bored. That probably isn't a fair sample, but that's kind of my TV style. I'm not one for regular TV usually, so I don't work much on liking shows. If I am watching TV, it is probably a sporting event of some sort.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 30, 2010 -> 06:00 PM)
Have any of you guys seen the spinoff from Pawn Stars with Rick the restoration guy?

I believe it is called American Restoration?

Yeah I like it. I am waiting for the day that the Pickers bring something to the Pawn Shop that needs to be taken to the Restoration place.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Dec 30, 2010 -> 07:52 PM)
Yeah I like it. I am waiting for the day that the Pickers bring something to the Pawn Shop that needs to be taken to the Restoration place.

And then ship it out to Alaska via the Ice Road Truckers, who bump into a crew from Ax Men.

Honestly, my favorite show on History, other than Ancient Aliens, is probably Swamp People.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 30, 2010 -> 09:20 PM)
Check out Decoded.

I don't like it...it reminds me of UFO Hunters or UFO Files or whatever...they go on this wild goose chase and never really find anything in the end...although the thing about JWB was pretty interesting...I had never heard that theory previously.

Finished Boardwalk Empire last night. Had been saving it up to watch it marathon-style since the series ended. Was very impressed. Great cast, solid acting, plenty of plotlines, and lots of gratuitious nudity, of course.

Two thumbs up!