2010 Fall TV Thread

Steve9347

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 23, 2010 -> 11:48 AM)
Game over, man, game over!

Not often a chick looks way better with clothes on... she's lost a lot of weight in the last two years.

Well she does have 3 kids. Twins last year before these pics, but man...not good. She needs a little meat. I love the caption on that site..."her torso looks like the underbelly of a dragon."

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 23, 2010 -> 12:05 PM)
I can't stand either one of those shows. That is some of the least funny stuff IMO. Give me Big Bang Theory and HIMYM everytime.

CBS could put on two guys making fart noises with their armpits for an hour every week and it would be a hit show.

QUOTE (Controlled Chaos @ Sep 23, 2010 -> 12:07 PM)
Well she does have 3 kids. Twins last year before these pics, but man...not good. She needs a little meat. I love the caption on that site..."her torso looks like the underbelly of a dragon."

Her skin is the only thing keeping her together. That's got to be 0% body fat.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Sep 23, 2010 -> 12:09 PM)
CBS could put on two guys making fart noises with their armpits for an hour every week and it would be a hit show.

No doubt. I can't watch any of that trash.

Seriously, Parks & Rec is hilarious, and if you don't agree with me, you are old and should watch CBS hits* like BBT, 2.5 dudes, Fat & Fatty,and bleep my dad says**.

BUUUURRRRN

*HIMYM does not apply bc it actually does not suck.

**Worst casting job of all-time.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Sep 23, 2010 -> 06:43 AM)
Yeah, what the hell happened at the end? Who was that guy in the background?

i dont know for sure who it was (obviously) but i have a feeling

it's Britt screwing with Hank's head. In the first couple episodes, there have been instances where Hank was being messed with. there’s a moment later in the pilot where Hank reaches into his fridge for a carton of milk but gets distracted and puts it back, unopened. This calls back to a line in that opening scene, where Hank talks about waking up in the middle of the night and finding an empty carton of milk in his refrigerator, and freaking out a little because, “I don’t remember putting the milk back in empty, or finishing it.”

In the most recent episode he told the lady to watch out for a box on the floor that wasn't there and he tells Britt at one point he found some CD's put up on a shelf and he doesn't remember putting them there. It could be someone the writers haven't introduced yet but to me it would fit the pace of the series more if it just turned out to be Britt messing with him

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 23, 2010 -> 12:38 PM)
No doubt. I can't watch any of that trash.

Seriously, Parks & Rec is hilarious, and if you don't agree with me, you are old and should watch CBS hits* like BBT, 2.5 dudes, Fat & Fatty,and bleep my dad says**.

BUUUURRRRN

*HIMYM does not apply bc it actually does not suck.

**Worst casting job of all-time.

hmmm I'm 23 and don't like Parks and Rec but love BBT. You are right on about the other CBS shows.

I heard Parks and Rec got a lot better starting with season 2. I was very bored with the first half of season one so I dropped it.

HIMYM sucks. It's the same 3 jokes over and over and over and over and over again.

Barney says something *laugh track* about sex *Laugh track*. Ted *laugh track* gives him a look *laugh track* and complains about not finding the one *laugh track*. Lilly and Marshall *laugh track* do something lame and have a serious moment. Robin complains and whines *laugh track*. More of Barney *laugh track* saying something about banging *laugh track* some chick *laugh track*.

Ugh, so old and overdone.

QUOTE (juddling @ Sep 23, 2010 -> 01:03 PM)
i dont know for sure who it was (obviously) but i have a feeling

it's Britt screwing with Hank's head. In the first couple episodes, there have been instances where Hank was being messed with. there’s a moment later in the pilot where Hank reaches into his fridge for a carton of milk but gets distracted and puts it back, unopened. This calls back to a line in that opening scene, where Hank talks about waking up in the middle of the night and finding an empty carton of milk in his refrigerator, and freaking out a little because, “I don’t remember putting the milk back in empty, or finishing it.”

In the most recent episode he told the lady to watch out for a box on the floor that wasn't there and he tells Britt at one point he found some CD's put up on a shelf and he doesn't remember putting them there. It could be someone the writers haven't introduced yet but to me it would fit the pace of the series more if it just turned out to be Britt messing with him

Good points. I forgot about that.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Sep 23, 2010 -> 01:48 PM)
I heard Parks and Rec got a lot better starting with season 2. I was very bored with the first half of season one so I dropped it.

Season 2 was like an entirely different show. It went from unwatchable to the funniest thing on network television not called "Modern Family"

Barney says something *laugh track* about sex *Laugh track*. Ted *laugh track* gives him a look *laugh track* and complains about not finding the one *laugh track*. Lilly and Marshall *laugh track* do something lame and have a serious moment. Robin complains and whines *laugh track*. More of Barney *laugh track* saying something about banging *laugh track* some chick *laugh track*.

Ugh, so old and overdone.

You could not be more correct on this.

Same thing I did. Watched the first few episodes of season 1 and never went back even though I've heard good things from season 2 on.

There's just no logical reason a show staring LL Cool J and Chris O'Donnell would ever last past two episodes. A show staring Mark Harmon is a hit, seriously? I think the people who watch CBS never change the channel and that's why nothing ever gets cancelled regardless of how bad it actually is. That Shatner show will probably be on 15 years. Let's face facts, people have bad taste in television shows, Glee is a hit even though it is possibly one of the worst atrocities on TV.

Edited by JPN366

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Sep 23, 2010 -> 02:43 PM)
Same thing I did. Watched the first few episodes of season 1 and never went back even though I've heard good things from season 2 on.

Season 2 was fantastic, they really made improvements.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Sep 23, 2010 -> 02:47 PM)
Let's face facts, people have bad taste in television shows, Glee is a hit even though it is possibly one of the worst atrocities on TV.

Easy, big fella. I respect a program that tries to do something new and finds a vast audience. FOX was brilliant to air this directly following Idol, thus getting that audience to tune in...

Personally, the wife loves Glee, and I'll watch it with her occasionally, and it really can be funny while the performances are top-notch.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 23, 2010 -> 03:00 PM)
Easy, big fella. I respect a program that tries to do something new and finds a vast audience. FOX was brilliant to air this directly following Idol, thus getting that audience to tune in...

Personally, the wife loves Glee, and I'll watch it with her occasionally, and it really can be funny while the performances are top-notch.

Oh f**k! He's lost his mind!

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 23, 2010 -> 03:00 PM)

After watching that clip on the football team singing "Single Ladies" I will never watch nor respect that show.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Sep 23, 2010 -> 03:02 PM)
After watching that clip on the football team singing "Single Ladies" I will never watch nor respect that show.

Why that in particular? Its not friday night lights, the story and actual reality of HS life doesnt really have that much to do with the show. Its a musical and it pretty much follows general rules of a Broadway musical in that singing can happen at any time performed by pretty much everyone. I am sure when you were a kid you didnt say "f*** this Mary Poppins bulls***, chimney sweepers would never sing and dance." If you actually watched Glee and saw the downright high level of talent they have on the show that would rival any top billing Broadway show, you would have to respect the show if only for the fact that the kids perform on an extremely high level. I personally believe this is why so many actors want to do a cameo on the show, they recognize that this very basic TV show actually casts actors and singers with real talent.

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 23, 2010 -> 04:36 PM)
Never watched Glee, have no interest in watching it after seeing some clips, but not gonna lie, I may watch the Britney Spears episode. She has always been a guilty pleasure of mine.

/hands in Man Card

Can't get an STD from eye candy.