2010 Fall TV Thread

Steve9347

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 23, 2010 -> 03:00 PM)
Easy, big fella. I respect a program that tries to do something new and finds a vast audience. FOX was brilliant to air this directly following Idol, thus getting that audience to tune in...

Personally, the wife loves Glee, and I'll watch it with her occasionally, and it really can be funny while the performances are top-notch.

Remember what I said that they haven't made a show you didn't like? This is the type of post that made me say it ;)

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Sep 23, 2010 -> 01:48 PM)
HIMYM sucks. It's the same 3 jokes over and over and over and over and over again.

Barney says something *laugh track* about sex *Laugh track*. Ted *laugh track* gives him a look *laugh track* and complains about not finding the one *laugh track*. Lilly and Marshall *laugh track* do something lame and have a serious moment. Robin complains and whines *laugh track*. More of Barney *laugh track* saying something about banging *laugh track* some chick *laugh track*.

Ugh, so old and overdone.

That is the formula for just about every sitcom with a laughtrack.

Edited by StrangeSox

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 23, 2010 -> 12:38 PM)
No doubt. I can't watch any of that trash.

Seriously, Parks & Rec is hilarious, and if you don't agree with me, you are old and should watch CBS hits* like BBT, 2.5 dudes, Fat & Fatty,and bleep my dad says**.

BUUUURRRRN

*HIMYM does not apply bc it actually does not suck.

**Worst casting job of all-time.

You lost me when you said Parks and Recs was hilarious.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Sep 23, 2010 -> 03:42 PM)
Hopefully It's Always Sunny improves this week.

We were heading towards worst episode of the series until Charlie's uncle brought some laughs in the last segment. Weak start to this season

QUOTE (3E8 @ Sep 23, 2010 -> 09:46 PM)
We were heading towards worst episode of the series until Charlie's uncle brought some laughs in the last segment. Weak start to this season

Yeah, not feeling this whole Ponderosa story line thing they got going. Hopefully that's the end of that.

Parks & Rec was the funniest show on network tv last year. #2 was Modern Family.

Community was hilarious tonight. Loved how they made fun of s*** My Dad Says. I did not really care for the Abed character early on in season 1, but he has really grown on me and was excellent tonight. Also, Gollum/Senor Chang was great. I really love the direction they're taking this show in.

I think I should just stop watching The Office. I can only muster up a few minor laughs anymore.

QUOTE (The Bones @ Sep 23, 2010 -> 11:44 PM)
Parks & Rec was the funniest show on network tv last year. #2 was Modern Family.

Community was hilarious tonight. Loved how they made fun of s*** My Dad Says. I did not really care for the Abed character early on in season 1, but he has really grown on me and was excellent tonight. Also, Gollum/Senor Chang was great. I really love the direction they're taking this show in.

I think I should just stop watching The Office. I can only muster up a few minor laughs anymore.

The Goodfellas episode sealed it for me with Abed; amazing.

The Office is dead to me, I can't believe that show is still on tv. Not even chuckle inducing at this point.

After the "guts or nuts" line in the beginning s*** my dad says was terrible. It was as if they were trying too hard to drop a great one liner every three seconds and it was obvious.

Always Sunny was meh again.

The Office was actually fairly decent IMO.

I thought Big Bang was great to be honest.

And the League was much better this week. I hated Rafi in the premiere but he was great this week. Hope the diminished role of Taco doesn't become a trend though.

And Outsourced had its moments. Wasn't great but it was far from terrible as someone hinted at it would be yesterday. Since there's nothing else on at 9:30 i'll probably give it another shot

Edited by ChiSox_Sonix

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 24, 2010 -> 08:04 AM)
I thought Sunny and HIMYM were both pretty funny last night. Sunny sometimes needs to be watched a few times.

I really enjoy paying attention to facial expressions in Sunny. Sometimes I can't stop laughing just looking at some of their faces.