2010 Fall TV Thread

Steve9347

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 27, 2010 -> 12:12 PM)
The Dexter premiere was absolutely fantastic.

So was Mad Men last night. I wonder if Joanie actually got the kid taken care of...

I don't think so, but that's just my guess. I was surprised at how quickly Campbell gave in to Don and dropped NAA.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 27, 2010 -> 02:07 PM)
Family Guy was surprisingly good last night, even though it wasn't the funniest show of the series's run.

The Simpsons made "Running Wilde" look good.

I haven't watched the Simpsons in quite a few years. I've seen parts of episodes from the past few years, and they were not funny. That show should have ended about 5 or 7 years ago.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Sep 27, 2010 -> 03:03 PM)
Plenty of Simpsons episodes have been great in the last 5-7 years.

Last nights episode was a pretty weak one.

Last nights was weak. I agree that there have been some pretty good ones recently. There seemed to be about a 3-4 year stretch where it got real bad but as of late they have been very funny again. Not anywhere near as good of a show as it used to be, but still pretty damn funny.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Sep 27, 2010 -> 04:10 PM)
Last nights was weak. I agree that there have been some pretty good ones recently. There seemed to be about a 3-4 year stretch where it got real bad but as of late they have been very funny again. Not anywhere near as good of a show as it used to be, but still pretty damn funny.

I'm still watching in the "i've finished 22 miles of this damn marathon and I'm not giving up now!" sense.

Episodes like last night make me want to cut my legs off.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 27, 2010 -> 04:51 PM)
I'm still watching in the "i've finished 22 miles of this damn marathon and I'm not giving up now!" sense.

Episodes like last night make me want to cut my legs off.

I certainly know what you mean. I'm just hoping for some laughs but not a great show anymore.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 27, 2010 -> 11:22 PM)
Anyone else watch The Buried Life? I find it extremely entertaining.

I used to, but the main casts goals seem to unrealistic just because of the help they need from mtv to accomplish it, but i do like when they help other people

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 28, 2010 -> 03:35 PM)
The whole Barney "thinking" he was black was not very creative at all.

Awful episode. I used to look forward to HIMYM every week now it's becoming The Office to me where they have extended to many seasons and lost all creativity. Like god for Dexter, It's Always Sunny and the League although It's Always Sunny has been disappointing thus far.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Sep 29, 2010 -> 05:38 AM)
Lone Star cancelled, which is really sad because was my favorite new show of the season.

I may watch the two episodes on Hulu sometime. Not surprised by the news as the ratings were awful.

Watched Eastbound & Down and SOA last night. Thought both were pretty good.

SOA was getting tedious and soap operaish with Gemma's dad. I hope they pick it up a little here as the whole adding in unnecessary twists like the medication thing was pointless.

The Jimmy line looks to be going good but the whole frustration over finding Abel is getting old quick.

Resolving the Gemma thing will be good as well.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Sep 29, 2010 -> 05:38 AM)
Lone Star cancelled, which is really sad because was my favorite new show of the season.

Wow, didn't that show just start? I don't understand how you make a decision that quickly. It's not like I was going to watch it, but man, why do people even sell their shows to Fox?

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Sep 29, 2010 -> 10:15 AM)
SOA was getting tedious and soap operaish with Gemma's dad. I hope they pick it up a little here as the whole adding in unnecessary twists like the medication thing was pointless.

The Jimmy line looks to be going good but the whole frustration over finding Abel is getting old quick.

Resolving the Gemma thing will be good as well.

I didn't think last night's episode was all that great. They didn't really "do" all that much. The only action that happened was from them getting the medication.

My favorite line was Tig saying that Gemma could go redhead and her getting pissed at him. :lolhitting

moms-PegBundy.gif

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Sep 29, 2010 -> 10:30 AM)
Wow, didn't that show just start? I don't understand how you make a decision that quickly. It's not like I was going to watch it, but man, why do people even sell their shows to Fox?

Apparently 3 or 4 million people is not enough. I think "Joan Of Arcadia" got 8 million on Friday nights and CBS axed it.