Take a look at Frank's splits

mac9001

It seemed a little while ago, when he returned to DH, that he had a slight injury or discomfort, whatever you want to call it. He said that he'd go back to first when he felt better. It's been awhile though. Time to go back to first. If someone could post his splits, between HOME and AWAY is where I think you'd find the real trouble.

As a First baseman: .352 AVG, .487 OBP, .725 SLG, 1.212 OPS. (only 91 AB's)

As a DH: .243 AVG, .366 OBP, .489 SLG, .855 OPS. (268 AB's)

Maybe it's just a coincidence, but why fight the numbers. PLAY HIM AT FIRST JERRY!!!

I wonder why he isn't play much more at first as well :huh:

Didn't frank say in recent quotes to the media that he is not going to be hitting for average anymore? :huh: He says that he wants to be more of a power hitter and therefor not be so concerned with bloop shots and hitting the ball the other way. I think that his recent drop in numbers is due to this new HR hungry approach IMHO.

Someone mentioned in another thread that Frank has proven that he can hit well as a dh. He had an MVP-like season in 2000 as the team's dh. He needs to go back to whatever was working for him then. Konerko is our first baseman.

The first post of sanity I've read regarding the Thomas/Konerko 1B issue. I'm so sick and tired of Sox fans posting bulls*** just because Frank is Frank. Years ago, Frank asked to be the teams DH because he was sick of being embarassed at 1B defensively. He put up MVP-like numbers in 2000 as the DH of that squad. Now Frank "the Moody One" blurts that he feels more in the game at 1B mentally than when he DH's. So let's all post about how JM should sit everyone he needs to just because Frank is "God" and that's what would make him happy. Pure and utter BULLs***! Frank playing 1B would have been the difference between hitting IF pop-out after IF pop-out these past 3 games against KC?

Damn! White Sox fans that post rely on stats too f***ing much. Does anyone realize that Frank was probably pressing before hitting HR #400 and, now that he is just shy of 2000 career hits, that Frank is probably pressing again? IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH WHETHER OR NOT HE IS PLAYING FIRST BASE!!!!! Frank is this teams DH, with Konerko and Daubach being this teams 1B-men. GET USED TO IT SOX FANS!

We screamed earlier on in the season about JM fielding a consistent line-up. We get it, we win 12 of 14, but now we sit or DH Konerko who is hot for Frank because he says he's more into the game mentally at 1B? Let's stick with what's working here people. If Frank don't hit but .120 at DH but we still win 12 of 14 everytime, I'll take a .120 Thomas.

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

better yet does anyone think he was trying to win, carry the team as he used too.

come on people, frank deserves better from us, a little more support. i have never seen a

someone who is so attacked while a juice up junkie gets a free pass.