Sox V. A's - Buehrle V. Cahill

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 22, 2010 -> 03:58 AM)
Ozzie doesn't seem ready to put Viciedo into the starting lineup full-time. The scary thing is that if Konerko leaves, there's a very good opportunity for Ozzie to bring back Kotsay and play 1B in a platoon. If that happens, can we pray for a player's strike?

If Kotsay comes back it will be difficult to support the team next year.

Same with Jones, Omar and Pierre and Teahen, though I guess we have to have Juan.

Seroiusly are we gonna win another game this year?

Sox must be intimidated by that big A's crowd.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL at Stoney....

A ball was hit foul down the 3B line and the "ball boy" got the ball and tossed it to a fan. The "ball boy" looked about 45 years old and had a big thick mustache. Stoney goes "Ball boy there with a nice play, and apparently sporting a strong mustache". You can tell half-way through that comment he realized the ball "boy" was a short man.

QUOTE (J.Reedfan8 @ Sep 22, 2010 -> 04:07 AM)
It'll work if we have Carl Crawford in LF and Victor Martinez at catcher.. and Adam Dunn at DH. (or Quentin gone if RF for a Choo like bat).

You're better than that...you know we're not going to be signing a big name player (unless it's Konerko).

QUOTE (Cali @ Sep 22, 2010 -> 04:09 AM)
I have not been impressed with Buehrle since his "perfect game +"

One of the lefties will be traded in the off-season....

Worst season by far since his disasterous 2006 season. It would be much better if Buehrle is dealt and Danks stays around, but I can't see that happening. Mark, the NL is calling your name.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 21, 2010 -> 10:09 PM)
You're better than that...you know we're not going to be signing a big name player (unless it's Konerko).

That was kinda my point if what Greg was saying will work. Our defense will be very good, but you have to learn from the Mariners a team who wins the UZR title won't go far unless you have some better talent. (namely in the pitching area)

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 21, 2010 -> 08:10 PM)
Worst season by far since his disasterous 2006 season. It would be much better if Buehrle is dealt and Danks stays around, but I can't see that happening. Mark, the NL is calling your name.

What kind of package could we get for Mark from St. Louis?

I don't know about you guys and girls but I really think Oz will reach an agreement with Jerry that lets him go to Florida. I expect the rumors of his resignation to happen.

When the team is going this badly, it looks like the future is grim.

Our starters have been horses*** of late. The bullpen sucks and we know all about this lineup which has actually overachieved. It is the worse lineup in our division on paper heading into next season.

Are we Sox fans in for some serious misery for some time to come?

Edited by greg775