Mathematically Ova!

Quin

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Sep 21, 2010 -> 11:50 PM)
Not that I want to compare the White Sox to losing a loved one, but in a way, this moment is always like losing a family member who was suffering from a terminal disease. You know it's going to happen at some point, but it always hurts more when it actually happens. This sucks.

Yep. I'll be watching the Hawks preseason game tomorrow to try and lift my spirits a bit. But the Sox are definitely my #1 favorite team in any sport, so my mixture of sadness and anger is high right now since it's officially over.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Sep 21, 2010 -> 11:53 PM)
Yep. I'll be watching the Hawks preseason game tomorrow to try and lift my spirits a bit. But the Sox are definitely my #1 favorite team in any sport, so my mixture of sadness and anger is high right now since it's officially over.

Atleast you have the Hawks. I don't follow the NBA or NHL, and the Bills are terrible, so I get homework to try and lift my spirits.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Sep 21, 2010 -> 10:53 PM)

Yep, same here. I am hoping my new favorite Hawks player, Viktor "The Jet" Stalberg can make me proud.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Sep 21, 2010 -> 11:55 PM)
Atleast you have the Hawks. I don't follow the NBA or NHL, and the Bills are terrible, so I get homework to try and lift my spirits.

I'm not a huge NFL fan, and I'm disgusted by the NBA right now (although I like the Bulls and they are going to be pretty good). So I have the Hawks and college sports now. Beats homework, which just makes me sad.

By the way, the title of this thread is a lie. Our tragic number is 2 in the Wild Card. So it's NOT mathematically ova yet!

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Sep 22, 2010 -> 12:05 AM)
I'm not a huge NFL fan, and I'm disgusted by the NBA right now (although I like the Bulls and they are going to be pretty good). So I have the Hawks and college sports now. Beats homework, which just makes me sad.

By the way, the title of this thread is a lie. Our tragic number is 2 in the Wild Card. So it's NOT mathematically ova yet!

If we come back and win the wild card, I will drive to the Cell, hug every single member of the White Sox organization, then leave.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Sep 22, 2010 -> 01:05 AM)

So the glass is still half-full. Half-full of of $hit, of course, but still. . .

Baseball is the only sport I follow, so I'm gearing up for my long winter of discontent.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Sep 22, 2010 -> 01:10 AM)
If we come back and win the wild card, I will drive to the Cell, hug every single member of the White Sox organization, then leave.

If we come back and win the wild card I will share the double rainbow suddenly coming out of my arse with the entire universe.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Sep 21, 2010 -> 10:53 PM)
Yep. I'll be watching the Hawks preseason game tomorrow to try and lift my spirits a bit.

Ditto.

And Ozzie.. please play Viciedo and Flowers! (Infante few more appearances also) I would at least like to watch some games if theres nothing else on T.V.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Sep 21, 2010 -> 11:48 PM)
In 5 seasons since our World Championship, we've missed the playoffs 4 times and have a grand total of one postseason win and zero postseason series wins. I think we've sufficiently killed the momentum the glory of 2005 built. And that's a shame.

No.

things are getting so bad now, in my fantasy baseball league, this week is the championship week. yesterday i picked up Gio Gonzales from the waiver wire and he performed well. I just pick up Brett Anderson also, who is starting against the Sox tomorrow. These poor White Sox may just help me win my fantasy league

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ Sep 22, 2010 -> 05:41 AM)
Such a brutal ending to this season. :(

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Sep 22, 2010 -> 05:48 AM)
In 5 seasons since our World Championship, we've missed the playoffs 4 times and have a grand total of one postseason win and zero postseason series wins. I think we've sufficiently killed the momentum the glory of 2005 built. And that's a shame.

QUOTE (Cali @ Sep 22, 2010 -> 05:56 AM)
I look forward to some serious changes in the off-season, and if not, some serious thinking about if I want to waste my time and heart on this team in 2011...

1.) Horrible ending to the season. I wouldn't mind this team dropping 14 straight to set the all time Sox single consecutive loss record. Why? I dunno. Tonight I'm pissed at this team.

2.) I would have never thought we'd suck this badly in our own division since winning the WS. Mind boggling.

3.) I hate to say it, but me as well. I really don't like Juan Pierre and Mark Teahen and Jones and Kotsay and some of the other stiffs on this team, like most of our bullpen.

What a roller coaster of a season. Overall it was disappointing, but we had a good time in June and July. I'm hoping for major changes in the off season. I really thought this season would come down to the last week, but the last 8 games have been an utter collapse.

It's strange. It's sad and depressing, but there's also a bit of relief. I wouldn't feel that way had the Sox put up a fight over the past two weeks. But with the way they played, there was never a chance of making it.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 22, 2010 -> 08:22 AM)
If Jerry Manuel were managing, this collapse would have been all his fault. Its pretty much been disgusting how the Sox have played they last 14 games.

Really, that one is true. It's never heartening to see a team completely give up.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 22, 2010 -> 01:22 PM)
If Jerry Manuel were managing, this collapse would have been all his fault. Its pretty much been disgusting how the Sox have played they last 14 games.

Well said! It all started when the players started talking to the media about how disheartening it was to not gain ground on the Twins despite winning 7 in a row on the road.

Edited by fathom

Funny thing is, the team gave up after a 7 game winning streak. I wonder what was said and by whom when they won the first 7 on that road trip and gained nothing because all the air was out of the balloon before that last 3 games against Minn. here. The way it is ending, its hard to remember that we were actually ahead at one time.