WSoxMatt

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Play the freaking kids!!!

Play Flowers, Viciedo, Lilly, Morel, De Aza, and let Harrell and Torres, and Infante pitch. Why the hell not? I know Harrell and Torres suck, but maybe they'll use this big league experience, so the next time they're called upon when we need them they won't go out to the mound and poop a brick in a big game.

Edited by Chet Kincaid

QUOTE (Real @ Sep 22, 2010 -> 10:18 AM)
why do players like Harrell and Torres have jobs? lol

are these the last remnants of the Schaefer regime? because they're just absolute s***

Nothing to write home about... but I'd cut them a little slack.

Torres was a 15th round pick. The odds of players picked that late making the majors at all is pretty small. And reason he made it is he's one of the rare guys who kept improving as he moved up levels. I think he could stick at the major league level in the National League, but probably not the American.

Harrell was a much higher pick (4th round), so naturally we should expect more. But, he's had some fairly serious injuries. So, I'm impressed just with the fact he's come back and pitched well enough to have a shot at all.

That said, I don't see either of them on the Sox long term.

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Sep 22, 2010 -> 09:31 AM)
but maybe they'll use this big league experience, so the next time they're called upon when we need them they won't go out to the mound and poop a brick in a big game.

Now if they could only keep veterans from doing that....

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Sep 22, 2010 -> 10:31 AM)
Play the freaking kids!!!

Play Flowers, Viciedo, Lilly, Morel, De Aza, and let Harrell and Torres, and Infante pitch. Why the hell not? I know Harrell and Torres suck, but maybe they'll use this big league experience, so the next time they're called upon when we need them they won't go out to the mound and poop a brick in a big game.

I'm not sure playing in front of 3,000 people in Oakland qualifies as big league experience ;)