.500, Schmive-hundred. We want winners, dammit

knightni

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 26, 2010 -> 01:29 PM)
So Manny, Konerko, and Rios get the day off, yet Ozzie still manages to not play Viciedo! Go manage the Cubs you ass and get fired after a week for ripping on the gay clubs in Wrigleyville.

Ozzie's mishandling of Dayan should just be added to the laundry list of bad moves Ozzie's made this year.

boy these f***ers are streaky man. It's like a tale of two seasons. I remember back in April and May for a stretch of three weeks also, this teams can't string together wins or losses, it's win and lose one back and forth. Now late in the season, they just can't stop ending whatever streak they are in, win 7 lose 8 and now 4 in counting.

btw, Tony Pena has been pretty reliable when the Sox needed him for long relief or spot starts, almost made people forget about the great D.J. Carrasco.

Edited by thxfrthmmrs

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Sep 26, 2010 -> 05:34 PM)
boy these f***ers are streaky man. It's like a tale of two seasons. I remember back in April and May for a stretch of three weeks also, this teams can't string together wins or losses, it's win and lose one back and forth. Now late in the season, they just can't stop ending whatever streak they are in, win 7 lose 8 and now 4 in counting.

btw, Tony Pena has been pretty reliable when the Sox needed him for long relief or spot starts, almost made people forget about the great D.J. Carrasco.

Tony Pena is hot garbage.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 26, 2010 -> 05:20 PM)
Jeez Ozzie, stop pitching Thornton multiple innings! His fastball is down a few mph this inning, and last time that happened, not only did he get rocked, but he was hurt as well.

He threw the same speeds the other day when he was closing out the first game. He's not healthy.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 26, 2010 -> 06:23 PM)
Tony Pena is hot garbage.

come on, even though he is a big chubby guy but throws like mark buerhle and can't strike nobody out, he is very good in long relief (2 inning +) and spot starts this year. In 64.2 innings of such, he had only give up 22 ERs, good for a 3.08 ERA. Give credit to where is due.

Edited by thxfrthmmrs

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 26, 2010 -> 09:49 PM)
Fair enough.

I just like to win at all costs.

This team wins 7 or 8 straight vs. the Angels, swept the Red Sox but can't buy wins over its own division. Weird.

I like winning too, but this winning does nothing but hurt 2011. It may be a morale boost, but if the Sox are out of playoff contention, there's no reason to win but pure pride.

QUOTE (knightni @ Sep 26, 2010 -> 08:52 PM)
I like winning too, but this winning does nothing but hurt 2011. It may be a morale boost, but if the Sox are out of playoff contention, there's no reason to win but pure pride.

The reality is that it isn't hurting 2011, but it might be hurting say 2014 or 15.