Ho-hum. A 4 game win streak. - Sox vs. Sawks - 7:10p CSN

knightni

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 28, 2010 -> 12:28 AM)
Good god, I have to hear that crap from Cubs fans, now here too?

What, it was an honest question and not complaining about attendance tonight or anything else. I asked the same question back on the Stanley Cup final night as well. I couldn't imagine how anyone in Chicago would watch the Sox over the Bears tonight, that's all.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 27, 2010 -> 07:38 PM)
Turned on Sox game to see one play, and it was a pathetic excuse for hustling by Manny. If Ozzie had any balls, he'd pull Manny. I really enjoyed Stone's quip of "at least Manny hustled".

Maybe the players feel safe now that they know Ozzie is coming back so they think they don't have to hustle anymore.

Anyway on Manny's play, I didn't think it was that big of a deal. The ball was hit right to the scond baseman with Manny being on first base. I thought Stone's comment was unecessary. At least Manny ripped a single.

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Sep 28, 2010 -> 01:46 AM)
Maybe the players feel safe now that they know Ozzie is coming back so they think they don't have to hustle anymore.

Anyway on Manny's play, I didn't think it was that big of a deal. The ball was hit right to the scond baseman with Manny being on first base. I thought Stone's comment was unecessary. At least Manny ripped a single.

The ball was hit to the first baseman, who turned a 3-6 DP with the tag at 2nd. Manny would have been safe if he was running even 75% speed.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 27, 2010 -> 07:48 PM)
The ball was hit to the first baseman, who turned a 3-6 DP with the tag at 2nd. Manny would have been safe if he was running even 75% speed.

Shows you how close I'm paying attention to this game, LOL! I was actually writing something on the computer and just glancing at the TV from time to time. I didn't realize that was a "hardway" DP requiring a tag at second. That being the case, I'll have to agree with you that it was pretty pathetic of Manny.

I was all for the acquisition of Manny. I figured he'd hit like crazy for a month, get the Sox into the playoffs, go completely ballistic in the playoffs and help the Sox win a championship. But even if that's how it would have worked out, I would have advocated letting him go after the season. The trick with Manny is to for a team to dump him before he dumps the team. He wont be back next year anyway. And I still think it was worth the gamble picking him up.

Edited by South Side Fireworks Man

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 28, 2010 -> 02:23 AM)
Yep, he's definitely making more money than his performance dictates he deserves.

I was confuzed about the hate post on Garcia when these same folks seem willing to ignore Buerhle's fall off. I am a big supporter and all that, but there is no way a big game pitcher can continue to give up doube digits in hits allowed in a game and win. Now we are at 9 hits allowed through 5 and its 4-0. He did come back good against Ortiz and Martinez

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 27, 2010 -> 09:35 PM)
Anyone know if Rios got seriously injured? Had to leave a game mid-at bat, and Hawk was saying he's never seen someone foul a ball off like he did.

Looked pretty bad. He was laying on the ground for quite a while and looked to be in extreme pain. He finally limped off the field with Ozzie and Herm.

Hopefully just a real bad bruise but you never know.

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Sep 28, 2010 -> 02:38 AM)
Looked pretty bad. He was laying on the ground for quite a while and looked to be in extreme pain. He finally limped off the field with Ozzie and Herm.

Hopefully just a real bad bruise but you never know.

Where did he foul the ball off? Hopefully it's no freak fracture like Dye had.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 27, 2010 -> 09:41 PM)
Where did he foul the ball off? Hopefully it's no freak fracture like Dye had.

Either right on or just slightly above the left knee.

EDIT: At least that's what I thought I saw. But keep in mind I'm the guy that thought Manny's DP ball to the 1Bman was a force out to the 2Bman. LOL!

Edited by South Side Fireworks Man