Gamethread: White Sox vs. Indians, 7:10 PM 10/01

elgonzo4sox

Ahhh, there's nothing like October baseball...it's my favorite kind.

And for all you folks wondering when Kotsay was going to get back in the lineup as DH instead of $4M/mo Manny, I give you tonight's Sox lineup:

Pierre 7, Old Man 6, Teahen 9, Tank 3, Kotsay DH, Flowers 2, Morel 5, De Aza 8, Lil' Bridge 4, Pena 1

Kotsay is 3 for 7 (.429) versus Carmona, and Teahen's batting .370 against him, so maybe that is Ozzie's logic.

C'mon Sox, we're better than these Indians - time to show it on the field. :bringit

:gosox4:

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 1, 2010 -> 07:48 PM)
Depends on whether the South Korean military would take Morel.

I've heard that the Korean military won't be a problem. I don't think it will be. Man he would be PERFECT in RF next year.

Edited by Chet Kincaid

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Oct 1, 2010 -> 07:51 PM)
I've heard that the Korean military won't be a problem. I don't think it will be. Man he would be PERFECT in RF next year.

He's their best player--I don't think they're trading him. Maybe when his contract is up.

Edited by JorgeFabregas

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 1, 2010 -> 06:31 PM)
Does Tyler Flowers ever swing the bat? He's going to shatter Pods strike out looking record if he ever plays half a season.

He will strikeout alot, but one thing he does do that is much superior than A.J. is he will take a walk. No doubt he will have the higher OBP next season even if he's hitting .200.

QUOTE (J.Reedfan8 @ Oct 1, 2010 -> 08:39 PM)
Wow... Morel with 2 web gems in one inning.

Considering the 2011 Sox should be above average offensively at 2B & SS, (not to mention defensively too), I am starting to like the idea of Morel at 3b to start the year. If he keeps playing plus defense, I think they may able to weather the storm if he has a tough learning curve offensively.