LET'S MAKE A LIST - OCTOBER '10

knightni

Please make a list from 1 to 25 (at least to 15 if possible) of your favorite all time horror movies. Number one being your most favorite, 25 being least.

PM me this list (PLEASE DON'T POST IT IN THIS THREAD) by Monday October 11 and we will hopefully start the countdown by Monday October 18.

This is #1 of at least three planned monthly list projects that we will be doing in the offseason to help ease the pain of no Sox baseball.

These lists are great fun and have become a popular event in the baseball offseason.

Any questions, feel free to ask!

I hope that you can contribute! :cheers

Lists so far...

OilCan

Tex (teeny tiny list) ;)

Cali (need new horror list)

SouthsideDon48

pittshoganerkoff

BigSqwert

Rex Kicka**

BigEdWalsh

GoSox05

whitesoxfan99

Milkman delivers

FlaSoxxJim

knightni

Soxy

PlaySumFnJurny

sti3

daggins

Buehrle>Wood

ScottyDo

Flash Tizzle

Ideally, I'd like 20 lists.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Cali @ Oct 2, 2010 -> 11:39 PM)
Whew...got 15 haha...

So this is movies only correct? Cause I could add a few more with TV shows....

Really. Only 15?

Yes. Just movies...also only movies that were in theaters.

Otherwise, I'd include Lathe of Heaven.

Also, Superhero movies are not fantasy unless they are fantasy genre like Spawn or Hellboy.

QUOTE (knightni @ Oct 3, 2010 -> 01:17 AM)
Really. Only 15?

Yes. Just movies...also only movies that were in theaters.

Otherwise, I'd include Lathe of Heaven.

Also, Superhero movies are not fantasy unless they are fantasy genre like Spawn or Hellboy.

Does "Jaws" count as "Horror?" I consider it an adventure movie with some intense/scary scenes, but I've seen it classified as "Horror."

Also, can I assume "The Silence of The Lambs" is Horror?

Edited by PlaySumFnJurny

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Oct 3, 2010 -> 07:15 AM)
Wait....so we've changed it to horror/fantasy/sci-fi? Do the sci-fi and fantasy movies need to have a horror element to them? If not, this list can include Halloween and The Fifth Element which would be weird.

I'm wondering the same thing. Jeez, I'm old and very confused.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 3, 2010 -> 12:59 PM)
Count whatever you want, and if other people don't think it's a horror movie, it won't make the list because you'd be the only one voting for it?

The end result would benefit from a clearer definition of the list parameters. If different people are submitting several different genres of film due to confusion, then the final list may not be very focused

The 5th Element would be fine.

I expanded the parameters so that people could send me larger lists.

If you make a list, ask me if X movie counts, or I'll even tell you if you send the list in and X movie doesn't count.

Example: Flight of the Navigator - counts, Phenomenon - doesn't count.

Jaws counts as horror/thriller.

Anything involving an unnatural/violent death ie Psycho, The Birds, Arachnophobia.

Something that doesn't usually happen.

Natural disaster, action and cop movies are not included unless they involve science fiction.

Total Recall, The Terminator, Predator, Alien Nation, Demolition Man... they count as SciFi.

I'll send in my list but I dont know if many will "count"....

Even though, like most 90's best songs lists with Smells Like Teen Spirit being number 1, we know Star Wars will take the top spot haha

QUOTE (Cali @ Oct 3, 2010 -> 04:01 PM)
I'll send in my list but I dont know if many will "count"....

Even though, like most 90's best songs lists with Smells Like Teen Spirit being number 1, we know Star Wars will take the top spot haha

Looks like they'll all count! :cheers

To the list maker:

No, Snakes On A Plane does not count!

No direct to video? No made for t.v.? There are movies that could very easily make a persons list, even if it made it via the guilty pleasure route. Seemingly everything under the sun other than pure horror with halloween coming up?

Genres do tend to coincide, sometimes making it hard to distinguish if the film is more horror based, sci-fi, fantasy, etc, i will give you that much. Generally though, in my personal opinion, it's rather easy to distinguish what type of genre a certain film is. What does the thief of bagdad (1940 - sabu) or the wizard of oz have in common with any slasher/zombie/ creature feature? Absolutely nothing. The list, with the current guidelines, are simply too broad.

Edited by qwerty

QUOTE (knightni @ Oct 3, 2010 -> 05:50 PM)
If I use just horror, I'd never get more than 10 movies on the list.

The following questons would ensue:

(Is Jaws horror? What about Cloverfield? Are Alien movies horror or SciFi?)

You're asking people to submit at least 15 for their list so how could their only be 10 final selections? There have been thousands of horror movies made over the years. Just let people make their own choice on what horror is otherwise how can you compare Star Wars to The Exorcist? Or The Shining and Lord of the Rings?

Just my 2 cents.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Oct 3, 2010 -> 07:07 PM)
You're asking people to submit at least 15 for their list so how could their only be 10 final selections? There have been thousands of horror movies made over the years. Just let people make their own choice on what horror is otherwise how can you compare Star Wars to The Exorcist? Or The Shining and Lord of the Rings?

Just my 2 cents.

I mean that people wouldn't be able to send me a list of more than 10 movies if it was only horror.