LET'S MAKE A LIST - OCTOBER '10

knightni

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Oct 6, 2010 -> 10:59 AM)
I've never even seen Paranormal Activity, but I came kind of close to adding The Blair Witch Project. That was only because I'm not a big horror fan, so I was scratching the bottom of the barrel to come up with a list of 25. I was just adding horror movies that I had seen and remembered towards the end. I decided against adding it only because I remember how disappointed I was in it.

If you're struggling to make a list just google 'top horror films' or 'best horror films' to see long lists of horror films. Going through a list may jog your memory.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Oct 6, 2010 -> 11:01 AM)
If you're struggling to make a list just google 'top horror films' or 'best horror films' to see long lists of horror films. Going through a list may jog your memory.

I did, and that's how I almost added Blair Witch. There were like 21 on my list, so I used a couple of those online lists to figure out how to fill in the rest of mine. I believe The Thing was ultimately one of the movies to knock it off of the list.

OH s*** I FORGOT IT!

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Oct 6, 2010 -> 10:54 AM)
If anyone voted Blair Witch or Paranormal Activity I may consider putting them on ignore.

I did include Paranormal Activity, but not The Blair Witch Project. I thought Paranormal was a much better movie than Blair Witch. Things that go bump in the night scare me more than monsters and the like, and I thought they did a good job with Paranormal.

I think I may have forgotten some other films, though. I'm sure I'll kick myself when the countdown comes out.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Oct 6, 2010 -> 11:05 AM)
I did include Paranormal Activity, but not The Blair Witch Project. I thought Paranormal was a much better movie than Blair Witch. Things that go bump in the night scare me more than monsters and the like, and I thought they did a good job with Paranormal.

I think I may have forgotten some other films, though. I'm sure I'll kick myself when the countdown comes out.

The scariest program I ever saw was actually one of those Haunting shows on like TLC or something. It was back in my Senior year of high school, so either 2002 or 2003. I can't recall the name of it and there are so many of those now that I can't find exactly which one it was, but I believe it was A Haunting In Connecticut.

It was a school night and I couldn't get to sleep, so I was just watching TV in my room. It was honestly the one time I can actually remember being too scared to get out of bed to pee or get something to drink. The funny thing is that another guy I ate lunch with mentioned the next day that the same thing happened to him.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Oct 6, 2010 -> 12:07 PM)
How do we deal with foreign films that are remade in the states? Like Ringu (The Ring), Let the Right One In (Let Me In), etc? Are those considered separate entries or will they be consolidated?

Absolutely they are separate films. I made sure to put the relaese year on all my picks so it was clear which films were which.

QUOTE (Tex @ Oct 10, 2010 -> 07:26 PM)
I just listed every horrow movie I remember watching, yep all four of them :lolhitting

My wife pretty much hates horror films so I've seen very few since we've been together, but I grew up on a steady diet of them starting with the old Universal flicks and Svengoolie and all the Godzilla-type films. They were a huge part of my childhood.

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Oct 10, 2010 -> 09:48 PM)
My wife pretty much hates horror films so I've seen very few since we've been together, but I grew up on a steady diet of them starting with the old Universal flicks and Svengoolie and all the Godzilla-type films. They were a huge part of my childhood.

How about this?

kl.jpg

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Oct 10, 2010 -> 09:48 PM)

I have no idea how long you've been married, but I don't think you've missed much as there haven't been a lot of great horror movies released in the last 20 years. A whole lot of derivative garbage has been crapped out by film studios in that time frame. The only other genre on par, or arguably worse off, in that respect is the romantic comedy.