LET'S MAKE A LIST - OCTOBER '10

knightni

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ Oct 25, 2010 -> 09:57 AM)
I never saw Saw.

I HIGHLY recommend "Saw", it's one of my all-time favorite movies, it was very high in my list.

If you watch "Saw" and you liked it, I recommend watching "Saw 2". And if you liked "Saw 2", then I recommend you to watch "Saw 3" and "Saw 4" back-to-back in one sitting... trust me there's a twist that will make it worth it. ;)

Try and have a little "Saw" marathon during Halloween. :D

I think the first 4 "Saw" movies were the best, then the series started dropping off with the fifth and sixth movies.

QUOTE (SouthsideDon48 @ Oct 25, 2010 -> 11:59 AM)
I HIGHLY recommend "Saw", it's one of my all-time favorite movies, it was very high in my list.

If you watch "Saw" and you liked it, I recommend watching "Saw 2". And if you liked "Saw 2", then I recommend you to watch "Saw 3" and "Saw 4" back-to-back in one sitting... trust me there's a twist that will make it worth it. ;)

Try and have a little "Saw" marathon during Halloween. :D

I think the first 4 "Saw" movies were the best, then the series started dropping off with the fifth and sixth movies.

I can agree with this, after the 4th movie they took things a little too far imo, I don't mind gore but number 5 and 6 were hard to watch. Naturally, I'll have to go see Saw 3D, not really interested but kind of have to watch how the series ends.

Good to see Dr. Gordon finally making an appearance again.

Speaking of horror films, Rec, Exorcist, Saw, The Shining & Pans Labyrinth are up there for me, in general I prefer the older stuff, the newer movies I find to be completely terrible and the majority just have some blonde slut running around screaming.

Edited by ChWRoCk2

QUOTE (ChWRoCk2 @ Oct 25, 2010 -> 12:09 PM)
I can agree with this, after the 4th movie they took things a little too far imo, I don't mind gore but number 5 and 6 were hard to watch. Naturally, I'll have to go see Saw 3D, not really interested but kind of have to watch how the series ends.

Good to see Dr. Gordon finally making an appearance again.

Speaking of horror films, Rec, Exorcist, Saw, The Shining & Pans Labyrinth are up there for me, in general I prefer the older stuff, the newer movies I find to be completely terrible and the majority just have some blonde slut running around screaming.

No offense, but how can you be unaware that this won't be the last one? Didn't they say the last one was the final one? They're just going to pump that garbage out until people stop eating it up.

And what is Rec?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 25, 2010 -> 12:10 PM)
I was into the original until the ending, which was so absurd it blew the whole movie for me. I never had any urge to watch another one after that.

SAME HERE!

Ok. I'm convinced...I'll check out Saw. I just pretty much don't like blood and gore movies.

As for The Sixth Sense, easily the best thing M. Night Shamalamadingdong ever did. I had it at #8 on my list. I was working a 3rd shift security guard job at the time The Sixth Sense came out and one of my duties was to go and patrol an old factory that had recently shut down. The electricity had been turned off so I had to walk through the whole place with my flashlight providing the only light. It was very creepy. There were long cords of some sort dangling from the ceiling in a few places and every time I saw those I would think of that one scene in The Sixth Sense where the kid saw the people that had been hung. As I would walk through that building I often wished I hadn't seen that movie.

QUOTE (knightni @ Oct 26, 2010 -> 02:24 PM)
There are some solid films in this list. You all have good taste.

I don't recall you doing this for previous lists but after you've posted the final entry can you do a post showing everyone's submitted list? i think that post alone could generate a lot of discussion. :lol:

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Oct 25, 2010 -> 12:45 PM)
The more I look at this list, the more I realize that I'm really just not a fan of the horror genre. The only ones I really like would be better classified as psychological thrillers.

I think some of the ones showing up in the list should be classified more as a thriller than horror.

The problem with horror movies is that there aren't a whole lot of really good ones IMHO. So many of them are old and cheesy or just the typical kill a bunch of sex-crazed teenagers gore-fest.

Some of them I think people remember seeing them as kids and being scared but if they watched them now they'd wonder what they were so afraid of.

Then there are the horror-comedies like Army of Darkness or Shaun of the Dead.

Edited by Iwritecode

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Oct 26, 2010 -> 02:59 PM)
I think some of the ones showing up in the list should be classified more as a thriller than horror.

The problem with horror movies is that there aren't a whole lot of really good ones IMHO. So many of them are old and cheesy or just the typical kill a bunch of sex-crazed teenagers gore-fest.

Some of them I think people remember seeing them as kids and being scared but if they watched them now they'd wonder what they were so afraid of.

Then there are the horror-comedies like Army of Darkness or Shaun of the Dead.

My #1 would definitely still get in my head if I saw it for the first time today.

QUOTE (knightni @ Oct 26, 2010 -> 02:24 PM)
There are some solid films in this list. You all have good taste.

What's your avatar supposed to be?