Job Hunt Thread

dasox24

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still work for the government. Probably my most marketable skill is that I managed a call center for 2 years and did some workforce management before that. About two years ago I got yanked out of that division due to office politics and am now working on a business case for getting a new facility built (current campus is 80 years old).

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone here know anything about/have to recently deal with colleges in the state of Mississippi?

One of their schools has a position open I'd qualify for, but I'm really hesitant about the fact that Mississippi passed the "concealed weapons allowed on college campuses" law last year.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 17, 2012 -> 07:12 AM)
Anyone here know anything about/have to recently deal with colleges in the state of Mississippi?

One of their schools has a position open I'd qualify for, but I'm really hesitant about the fact that Mississippi passed the "concealed weapons allowed on college campuses" law last year.

Hah...you're something else.

Some good friends of mine went to State, down in Starkville. Pretty fun atmosphere...as much as I dislike the SEC in general, those people really know how to enjoy themselves!

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 17, 2012 -> 09:12 AM)

Perhaps not recent experience, but my wife did her masters at Southern Miss and one of my colleagues was a prof at Mississippi State for awhile.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Apr 19, 2012 -> 12:21 PM)
If only you needed an attorney not a cpa, Im getting tired of my daily grind.

+1. SB what kind of law do you practice again? I'm a civil litigator. Dealing with other attorneys is the worst (especially old attorneys that play games).

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Apr 19, 2012 -> 12:18 PM)
Still looking for a staff auditor here in Seattle. Anyone want to work for me? :D

What if the person you hire audits you and determines you've been found wanting?

I'll take THAT job!

Edited by Y2HH

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Apr 20, 2012 -> 05:38 PM)
+1. SB what kind of law do you practice again? I'm a civil litigator. Dealing with other attorneys is the worst (especially old attorneys that play games).

I think he mentioned in that "Soxtalk Lawyers" thread he practices landlord/tenant, but that might be wrong.

Applying for the Central Regional Director position for the national part of my business fraternity, pretty stoked for that. Would be exactly what Im looking for in terms of leadership experience outside of fulltime work.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Apr 23, 2012 -> 02:49 PM)
Applying for the Central Regional Director position for the national part of my business fraternity, pretty stoked for that. Would be exactly what Im looking for in terms of leadership experience outside of fulltime work.

Good luck and keep us posted!

QUOTE (iamshack @ Apr 25, 2012 -> 10:09 PM)
Good luck and keep us posted!

Thanks! Application isn't due for a few more weeks then I interview at a national conference in NY, so I won't know for awhile but the current director specifically asked me to apply so I feel pretty confident.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Apr 25, 2012 -> 11:36 PM)
Thanks! Application isn't due for a few more weeks then I interview at a national conference in NY, so I won't know for awhile but the current director specifically asked me to apply so I feel pretty confident.

He must be well-aware of your legendary drinking capabilities!

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Apr 27, 2012 -> 03:16 PM)
People I spoke to or interacted with at work yesterday: Kenny Williams, Rick Hahn, Hawk Harrelson, Steve Stone, Carlton Fisk, Ed Farmer, Darrin Jackson, Jerry Reinsdorf, Andrew Brunette, Shawn O'Donnell.

That's awesome...now get one or more of them to put you on the payroll and you'll be all set...

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Apr 27, 2012 -> 03:16 PM)
People I spoke to or interacted with at work yesterday: Kenny Williams, Rick Hahn, Hawk Harrelson, Steve Stone, Carlton Fisk, Ed Farmer, Darrin Jackson, Jerry Reinsdorf, Andrew Brunette, Shawn O'Donnell.

Wait, I thought you were having trouble finding a job like us normal people?

Things happen when I go out of town, apparently.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Apr 27, 2012 -> 06:44 PM)
Wait, I thought you were having trouble finding a job like us normal people?

Things happen when I go out of town, apparently.

Well, I currently have one part time job and one paid internship which starts Monday, and I'm waiting to hear back from another (really, really good) part time job.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Mar 21, 2012 -> 06:51 PM)
Or you can hire me to be your fall guy, Im good at being put in bad situations and expected to perform miracles.

Also Im good at taking falls for other people.

:D

Funny post.

Man the people on here I argue with in the Sox section so much seem to be brilliant individuals in the work place. Reading this thread is interesting.

Edited by greg775