Job Hunt Thread

dasox24

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 19, 2011 -> 12:46 PM)
had a great time. Sonoma was great, amazing to think that's a 1hr drive away. A bit uncertain on where we'll live. My go's in person interview is today.

You are also so close to Tahoe. It really is a great but expensive area. I really liked Sausalito.

I've heard amazing things about San Francisco (and the surrounding areas, including Wine Country), save for two things: Cost of Living (it's the most expensive in the country, even more than NYC, isn't it?) and the rainy/crummy weather. Those two things might be enough to deter me from wanting to live there; however, I've never even visited.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Oct 19, 2011 -> 06:57 PM)
I've heard amazing things about San Francisco (and the surrounding areas, including Wine Country), save for two things: Cost of Living (it's the most expensive in the country, even more than NYC, isn't it?) and the rainy/crummy weather. Those two things might be enough to deter me from wanting to live there; however, I've never even visited.

Yeah, from what we've talked about, we'd rather live in SF for the first year just to alleviate the social anxiety, and once we are more comfortable look at the surrounding areas. The rain doesn't bother me so much, as you can drive 30 minutes out and have a nice picnic in 80 degree weather.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Oct 19, 2011 -> 12:57 PM)

The weather is definitely frustrating, as it is in Chicago. But you learn to deal with it. And there are so many surrounding areas with amazing weather that you can go to, so that helps make up for it.

It is expensive as hell. But many employers recognize this and pay more as well. I met a few nurses there when I was in town (evil grin) that made $100k, easily. Of course their rent was $2800 a month as well.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Oct 7, 2011 -> 01:29 PM)
So I had a big time interview scheduled for this morning with possible relocation consequences and I was super excited/anxious about it, pretty much kept me up all night. I check my email this morning and turns out the person that was supposed to interview me had to reschedule to Monday because she got sick. Ugh.

And

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 24, 2011 -> 03:08 PM)
Of 63.

If you want to know anything about what lies ahead, PM me.

They made it look like it was about 6 phases with smaller ones in between. I think my chances are pretty slim since i was in college under 10 years ago and I saw what the drug policy was.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 24, 2011 -> 03:29 PM)
(googles ways to beat a polygraph)

I have a friend who works for the Bureau. Jesus, if there was anyone who shouldn't be allowed to carry a weapon at all times, it is this guy. He also had some crazy times in college, and did some crazy things in college.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Oct 24, 2011 -> 03:32 PM)
I have a friend who works for the Bureau. Jesus, if there was anyone who shouldn't be allowed to carry a weapon at all times, it is this guy. He also had some crazy times in college, and did some crazy things in college.

Thats encouraging actually. I am going to go through it with an open mind and we'll see.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 24, 2011 -> 02:33 PM)
Thats encouraging actually. I am going to go through it with an open mind and we'll see.

Yeah, he's got some crazy, crazy stories.

It's actually quite impressive watching him...we'd be out at a bar, and he would be by far the most hammered among us, completely obnoxious and annoying, and then something would happen...a bar fight between someone else, or a car accident outside, or something that required his presence, and he would immediately snap out of his drunken stupor into FBI mode. He'd be talking to the local police, telling them what he did to remedy the situation, and they would seem to have no idea that an hour ago he couldn't have spelled his own name.

Must have great training.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 24, 2011 -> 03:09 PM)
They made it look like it was about 6 phases with smaller ones in between. I think my chances are pretty slim since i was in college under 10 years ago and I saw what the drug policy was.

10 years? The only agency I know of that goes that far back with drug history requirements is DEA. FBI was more lenient. Let's just say, I had to document some things from college too... I was 5 years out of college at the time I started the process, and it was a non-issue.