2010 ALCS: Rangers vs. Yankees

Brian

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Oct 13, 2010 -> 10:11 AM)
In don't like the Yanks either, but I just can't bring myself to root for the Texas Rangers. That team still has the stench of george w. bush all over it.

Out of all of the reasons to not root for a baseball team, this is a pretty fascinating one. Apparently, there are some things that 16 years and multiple ownership and personnel changes can’t wash away.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Oct 13, 2010 -> 09:21 AM)
Out of all of the reasons to not root for a baseball team, this is a pretty fascinating one. Apparently, there are some things that 16 years and multiple ownership and personnel changes can’t wash away.

Yeah no kidding.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Oct 13, 2010 -> 09:21 AM)

What can I say... I hold grudges. Plus I'm not the biggest nolan ryan fan either and I'd hate to see the both of them sitting there celebrating a trip to the world series.

Go Yankees.

Edited by Chet Kincaid

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Oct 13, 2010 -> 09:11 AM)
In don't like the Yanks either, but I just can't bring myself to root for the Texas Rangers. That team still has the stench of george w. bush all over it.

Really? I wonder how many Republican Sox fans stopped rooting for them since Barack is such a huge fan

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Oct 13, 2010 -> 12:48 PM)
The fact that the Rays could not hit left handed pitching killed them. Outside of LL I think teh yAnks beat he hell out ofthe Rangers pitching. I hope the Rangers can beat up the Yanks staff.

The Yankees put up a .757 OPS on the season in 8 games against Texas, and a .786 OPS overall.

Now that I think about it more...I kinda like how this series shapes up for the Rangers in pitching matchups.

They start off with home field, even though they don't have God Lee ready early. They get 2 games at home, facing Captain Cheeseburger and either Hughes or Pettitte, however the Yankees go. Then they have Lee ready for game 3 on extra rest.

If the Rangers win 1 of the first 2 games, they go back to Yankee Stadium tied 1-1, having lost home field advantage but having Lee on the mound for game 3 with a very good shot to take it right back. Then, they have to win 1 of the next 3 games, with AJ Burnett likely pitching game 4 and game 6 in Texas, in order to set up Cliff Lee for the Game 7 kill.

If the Rangers win both games at home, they go to Yankee Stadium with the Yankees having to beat Cliff Lee to avoid the 3-0 deficit.

Basically, the Yankees need to win the first 2 games of this series in Texas if they want to neutralize Lee.

Great quote in last paragraph from C.J. Wilson on why Josh Hamilton was given the green light to hang out with him:

Game 1 starter C.J. Wilson grew up straight-edge in southern California. He says he has never drank alcohol nor used drugs.

Rangers outfielder Josh Hamilton is a recovering alcoholic and drug addict. After his team clinched the ALDS, his teammates drenched him with ginger ale.

Their lifestyle decisions — one a choice, the other a necessity — fused them together.

“Josh and I have a very odd bond because of that,” Wilson said. “The last couple of years, him and I have gotten close because I was one of the few guys that he had the green light to hang out with. Because guys knew that I was a zero risk in that sense.

“He was going to come over to my room and we were going to play XBox. We were going to kill some aliens playing Halo.”