2010 ALCS: Rangers vs. Yankees

Brian

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Oct 19, 2010 -> 10:10 PM)
I wish the Sox played this smart... tagging up and taking second with 2 out, etc.

LOL I swear I was driving in my car when this play happened and I WAS THINKING THE EXACT SAME THING!!!

Man I have to admit... I am shocked. The rangers are making the yanks look like amateurs. Josh Hamilton is a freaking maniac.

Oh well...CC goes in game 5, right? He better come through.

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 19, 2010 -> 05:44 PM)
I saw they released Melky today. Wouldn't shock me to see Cabrera with the Sox next year, as he's always been rumored to be a KW favorite.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 20, 2010 -> 05:08 AM)
Poor showing by Yankees fans, leaving before the game is over? Weak.

Ugh on Melky. Why do the Sox add players who just make me feel blah all over? Just say no to Melky.

Yankee fans poured out of the stadium the last two nights. It made me realize when you've won as many pennants as they have, this just doesn't cut it. Down 5 in the ninth and they are long gone.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Oct 20, 2010 -> 12:06 AM)
So far, and I would be feeling great if I was a Rangers fan right now but with Sabathia, Hughes and Pettitte and an explosive offense you can't count the Yankees out just yet.

Even if Captain Cheeseburger and Phil Hughes can bring the Yankees back into it...the Rangers have a monster looming for game 7.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 19, 2010 -> 11:29 PM)
Ugh on Melky. Why do the Sox add players who just make me feel blah all over? Just say no to Melky.

Yankee fans poured out of the stadium the last two nights. It made me realize when you've won as many pennants as they have, this just doesn't cut it. Down 5 in the ninth and they are long gone.

It tells me that Yankees fans are spoiled brats. Seriously, unless you are ill or have an emergency or something... who walks out of a playoff game?

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 20, 2010 -> 08:31 AM)
It tells me that Yankees fans are spoiled brats. Seriously, unless you are ill or have an emergency or something... who walks out of a playoff game?

In fairness, I asked myself the same thing in Game 1 of the 2000 ALDS in the top of the 10th. Some follks fled the Cell like it was on fire.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 20, 2010 -> 09:27 AM)
And that is embarrassing too.

Agreed, but for better of for worse, you have to remember that playoff crowds these days are atypical and not necessarily representative of everyday fans. Lots of corporate types, network sponsors, etc.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 20, 2010 -> 08:31 AM)

They were only down 4 at the time when I saw the stadium totally empty. i will give credit to the Twins fans that stayed in the place when down in the 9th. Yanks fans should be ashamed.

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Oct 20, 2010 -> 09:31 AM)
Agreed, but for better of for worse, you have to remember that playoff crowds these days are atypical and not necessarily representative of everyday fans. Lots of corporate types, network sponsors, etc.

Yeah, especially in a town like New York and considering how expensive the tickets at that stadium are.