2010 ALCS: Rangers vs. Yankees

Brian

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 20, 2010 -> 10:05 PM)
There's a bit of a 2003 Cubs vibe with the Rangers. Up 3-1 in the series, and everyone seems too confident they'll win based on who they have pitching in game 6 and/or 7.

Ever since they went up 2-1, I've been scared that that blown first game will come back to haunt them. I hope that's not going to happen, though.

It looks like they're holding Lee back for game 7. He pitched on Monday, wouldn't you throw him in game 6? I know you want to try to set him up to open up the World Series, but you have to get there first.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Oct 21, 2010 -> 09:00 AM)
Ever since they went up 2-1, I've been scared that that blown first game will come back to haunt them. I hope that's not going to happen, though.

It looks like they're holding Lee back for game 7. He pitched on Monday, wouldn't you throw him in game 6? I know you want to try to set him up to open up the World Series, but you have to get there first.

If he pitched in game 6, he would be on only 3 days rest. I believe there has been lots of talk in the past how Lee doesn't want to pitch on 3 days rest and I'm not sure if he ever has. I think they are saving him for game 7, not with the WS in mind, but just thinking that Lee on 4 days rest >>>>>> on 3 days rest. Colby Lewis is no slouch either, and he already beat Hughes once in this series.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 21, 2010 -> 09:27 AM)
If he pitched in game 6, he would be on only 3 days rest. I believe there has been lots of talk in the past how Lee doesn't want to pitch on 3 days rest and I'm not sure if he ever has. I think they are saving him for game 7, not with the WS in mind, but just thinking that Lee on 4 days rest >>>>>> on 3 days rest. Colby Lewis is no slouch either, and he already beat Hughes once in this series.

I didn't know he was against throwing on 3 days rest. Oh well, I just hope they end it as soon as possible.

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Oct 23, 2010 -> 04:48 AM)
I hope the rangers get swept in the World Series.

f*** nolan ryan.

What you got against Nolan?

I'm happy for the Rangers. It's always good to see somebody new in the WS.

Wow did Feliz have some stuff in the ninth (not that he needed that stuff to finish that one).

Good for the Rangers. They've got the offense and a great ace and the other pitchers are good and/or very hot right now.

The Texas Rangers are the absolute best example of a team who traded away their best player, got the best package they could, and developed that talent to be major league ready. That Teixeira trade looks incredible, and the biggest chip in the trade - Jarrod Saltalamacchia - didn't do s*** with the Rangers and it still looks awesome. Andrus is awesome, still young, and only going to get better at the plate, and Neftali is a stud, whether in the pen or the rotation.

It's sweet justice that they've reached the postseason before Teixeira, though he obviously has had little to do with that.

FanGraphs posted an article before the postseason that suggested that the Rangers might have the best postseason rotation with Lee, Wilson, Lewis, and Hunter. Considering their bullpen is good enough, and their lineup is solid (with obvious room for improvement), this may not be the last time we see the Rangers in the World Series.

---

early prediction - Paul Konerko signs with the Rangers, 4 years, $50 mill, after they resign Cliff Lee to a 7 year, $140 mill deal.

Glad the Rangers won. I would've taken the Rays too, but it's nice to see some new blood in the World Series for a change. I'm not one who vehemently hates everything the Yankees do, but to me there is no entertainment value in seeing the Yankees in the World Series (or very close to it) seemingly every other year, on the heels of whatever brand new $150 million contract they just gave to the latest free agent superstar that the other 29 teams desperately wanted to give but couldn't. It just gets old and stale.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Oct 23, 2010 -> 05:19 AM)
early prediction - Paul Konerko signs with the Rangers, 4 years, $50 mill, after they resign Cliff Lee to a 7 year, $140 mill deal.

If they win it all, I think you're right that Lee will come back, as he as hinted to already. But I think they'll go for TX-native Dunn to take over 1B