Five Years Ago Today - 10/22/2005

clyons

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to a Sox-Orioles game in July at Camden yards, the first time I'd gotten to see the Sox live in several years, since about 1999 I think. The Sox at the time were cruising, had been sitting comfortably in first place for a while, and kicked the s*** out of the Orioles that game. When I was going back to my car in the parking garage elevator I ran into some other Sox fans and we chatted about how it was awesome the team was doing so good. I said (completely serious and maybe for the first time ever actually meaning it) "hell yeah, this team looks like it could go to the World Series!" and the guy next to me says "well I don't want to get ahead of ourselves, but..."

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Oct 25, 2010 -> 06:46 PM)
Not for me. I was the most anti-social person on the planet for those few months. Didn't care to talk to anyone, went to class, came back to my dorm room, bought some food and got ready to watch the games.

I still remember feeling my body temperature raise by 10 degrees when the Sox blew a game to Cleveland coming down the stretch. How did my remote control survive that night?

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 26, 2010 -> 04:08 AM)
I still remember feeling my body temperature raise by 10 degrees when the Sox blew a game to Cleveland coming down the stretch. How did my remote control survive that night?

I prefer to forget how I felt daily during that stretch "run." It would have been simply crushing and demoralizing to not even make the playoffs. Fortunately we got some help and the team pulled its head out enough to hold on.

Then the great postseason run. I remember Astros fans being pretty confident going into that series.

Fortunately we played great, clean baseball with great pitching and defense.