White Sox Off-Season Catch All Thread

Chisoxfn

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Nov 17, 2010 -> 05:00 PM)
So who is this Logan Morrison kid that Jerry values so high?

#18 prospect in 2009

#20 prospect in 2010

.283/.390/.447/.837 in 287 PAs at the majors this year. Looks like he has power, but is probably only a 15-20 homer guy next year.

He's a good player. The Sox would have done very well to get him for Ozzie.

After reading that article, I think it's pretty apparent this will be Oz's final season with the Sox.

His contract runs out and that'll be it. That way he won't be fired and he can come back someday maybe.

It's kind of interesting Jerry admits that Ozzie was expendable in a trade. Kind of caps a wacky weird season of 88 wins (that to me seemed like 75 wins). Only in dysfunctional Soxland does the season end with the manager being considered in a trade.

My god.

Unless we really kick butt this season as a team, and I don't see us being any better than this past season, I think Oz walks on his own, taking the best offer or is an announcer for a year waiting to get a good managing job.

We'll keep Kenny and hire some plastic non-quotable guy like Buddy Bell. Not saying it's Bell but somebody very dull in media interviews.

s***, if we go .500 or better, it might even be Cora.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Nov 17, 2010 -> 11:24 PM)
We'll keep Kenny and hire some plastic non-quotable guy like Buddy Bell. Not saying it's Bell but somebody very dull in media interviews.

s***, if we go .500 or better, it might even be Cora.

I wouldn't give a rat's ass if the manager was as dull as watching paint dry if he managed the Sox to beat the twins and tigers and win the AL Central.

If they're non-roster invites, I assume that means that they've already signed. Bruney has never been able to stay healthy, but he has a big arm. That's a good minor league signing and, depending on how many relievers Williams brings in, I would say that he has a legitimate chance at winning a spot in the bullpen.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Nov 19, 2010 -> 11:31 PM)
If they're non-roster invites, I assume that means that they've already signed. Bruney has never been able to stay healthy, but he has a big arm. That's a good minor league signing and, depending on how many relievers Williams brings in, I would say that he has a legitimate chance at winning a spot in the bullpen.

Oh, I thought non-roster invite meant that they are basically coming to camp with us to try and prove themselves and get a contract from the team they are in camp with, but worst care scenario, gain attention from other teams.

I just assumed if we signed him I would have heard something about it, but you could very well be right.

EDIT: Nevermind, I found a link.

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/white-sox/...urney-mcpherson

Edited by JoeCoolMan24