White Sox trade Scott Linebrink to Braves

pmcochr

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 3, 2010 -> 01:18 PM)
Lets hope our bullpen doesn't collectively s*** itself like it did in 2006. We also know the rotation ran into some trouble after being over-extended in the postseason the year before. But man, that pen was horrific.

Putz is going to come back, too. Ever heard of a "bromance?" Because that's him and Thornton. In fact, this Linebrink move might be the move Kenny needed to make to bring JJ back.

Imagine Kenny at his press conference today announcing AJ coming back, Dunn signing, the Linebrink trade, and an agreement with Putz. Kenny's like superman.

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Dec 3, 2010 -> 12:21 PM)
Yah. If we can get Paulie and a decent BP arm I'll be pretty psyched for February.

Yeah, I would be stoked if we can get Paulie and at least another decent BP arm. If we get rid of Teahen too, this would be one of the best offseasons ever.

QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Dec 3, 2010 -> 01:24 PM)
Putz is going to come back, too. Ever heard of a "bromance?" Because that's him and Thornton. In fact, this Linebrink move might be the move Kenny needed to make to bring JJ back.

Imagine Kenny at his press conference today announcing AJ coming back, Dunn signing, the Linebrink trade, and an agreement with Putz. Kenny's like superman.

Better make sure the podium is big enough to fit KHP under it.

QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Dec 3, 2010 -> 02:24 PM)

You're starting to assume way too much, man.

Putz will probably get an offer to close somewhere, probably from Arizona I figure.

Getting Linerink's $4M figure off the payroll makes very good business sense though. Depending if that money was meant for Pierzynski, the Sox could invest that in 2 RP's instead.

All these posts and not a single "Coop will fix 'em" for the hard throwing, no control prospect we got from the Braves?

Ok, fine...I'll go there. This is exactly the kind of pitcher that Coop could have success with. If not, it really doesn't matter!

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 3, 2010 -> 02:15 PM)
I'm not all that excited yet. No where close to the pre-2006 offseason.

I wouldn't say I'm "not all that excited" b/c I am excited. But I agree that this isn't close to what I was feeling in the '06 offseason.

QUOTE (Disco72 @ Dec 3, 2010 -> 01:46 PM)
All these posts and not a single "Coop will fix 'em" for the hard throwing, no control prospect we got from the Braves?

Ok, fine...I'll go there. This is exactly the kind of pitcher that Coop could have success with. If not, it really doesn't matter!

And you know what else? He just may be good enough - or rather, not bad enough - to push that crap flinger Marquez out the door as well. This move is just so great in so many ways. I never thought we could pull off such a steal.

Already covered, I know, but I have to list it-

Wish Bobby well somewhere else, while thanking him greatly for the memories- Check.

Dump Linebrink wherever will take him and at least half his salary- Check+

Bring AJ back- Check.

Get some LH power- Double-check.

Get TCQ a headshrink- (I think I heard.) Check.

Try to unload Teahen' salary (Not as crucial as the preceding things.)- Not yet.

Get Paulie back (His name is on my game jersey.)- Still hoping.

Extend Ramirez' contract- Not yet.

Keep Putz- Not yet, but still hoping.

Happy already, with potential for more.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Dec 3, 2010 -> 02:28 PM)
Not to pile on Linebrink, but he was godawful.

Bye bye.

Hope you are successful in the NL with the Braves. Can't think of a Sox pitcher who was as bad as Linebrink.

Well, yes I can, but he was awful.

Todd Ritchie says hi. :)

QUOTE (bobryansson @ Dec 3, 2010 -> 09:31 PM)
Already covered, I know, but I have to list it-

Wish Bobby well somewhere else, while thanking him greatly for the memories- Check.

Dump Linebrink wherever will take him and at least half his salary- Check+

Bring AJ back- Check.

Get some LH power- Double-check.

Get TCQ a headshrink- (I think I heard.) Check.

Try to unload Teahen' salary (Not as crucial as the preceding things.)- Not yet.

Get Paulie back (His name is on my game jersey.)- Still hoping.

Extend Ramirez' contract- Not yet.

Keep Putz- Not yet, but still hoping.

Happy already, with potential for more.

If Kenny was able to dumb Linebrink, there could be hope of dumping Teahen on the Pirates or somebody if we pay 1.5 mill of his salary as well.